Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : July 18th 2017 Contents B16
guardian.co.tt Tuesday, July 18, 2017
DIRECTOR, BRAND MARKETING - AMERICAN APPAREL
(JOB ID 1040)
The Director, Brand Marketing American Apparel will support the American Apparel eCom-
merce business, with responsibility for the execution of all direct to consumer (DTC) market-
ing. The incumbent will be responsible for building on the vision, strengthening the American
Apparel relevancy in the consumer space and driving the overall marketing calendar for eCom-
merce. This includes: seasonal brand campaigns, product launches, monthly marketing activa-
tions, promotional calendars, social media engagement and partnerships.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Vice President of Marketing, the Vice Pres-
ident of eCommerce, the Digital Marketing team and third party agencies, to orchestrate overall
brand messaging and customer engagement to achieve the American Apparel sales goals in the
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Contribute and execute the long term marketing vision for the American Apparel brand in
the consumer space: positioning, messaging, customer segmentation and engagement
strategies across all consumer facing channels.
• Develop and execute the annual marketing calendar to achieve the brand business goals in
activation programmes and seasonal product campaigns across all channels (PR, social media,
email, ads, etc.).
• Direct and execute photo shoots for seasonal campaigns, lookbooks and social media in
conjunction with third party agencies to align with DTC marketing strategies/calendar.
• Direct the external public relations agency for editorials and celebrity placements.
• Direct and execute social media and customer engagement activations. Build bases of quality
followers and users.
• Develop and execute monthly product campaigns and promotions in partnership with the
eCommerce and Merchandising team.
• Identify new brand partnerships and collaborations to broaden brand awareness and
• Drive and grow student and customer loyalty programmes.
• Drive customer insight to inform segmentation strategies, targeting, marketing ROI, and
continuous optimization of American Apparel marketing effectiveness.
• Direct the execution of strategies and programmes to achieve revenue, acquisition, retention
are value added.
• Work in collaboration with the eCommerce team to ensure that the eCommerce photography
and lifestyle imagery is in line with all product launches and seasonal campaigns.
• Oversee marketing contracts with various vendors including advertisers, promotional
agencies and suppliers.
• Identify emerging trends and issues, and prioritize them as they relate to marketing activities.
• Maximize the effectiveness of all marketing activities, in close association with Senior
Management and the Director of Digital Marketing.
• Direct market research activities in order to keep abreast of changing demographics and other
relevant issues in order to evaluate marketing and communication activities and to monitor
• Manage and build American Apparel's marketing team.
The ideal candidate should have a Master's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related
brands, preferably in women fashion. He/She should have knowledge and experience working
in eCommerce, retail and with a third party marketing agency.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
• Expertise across online and retail marketing channels.
• Proven ability to manage a retail fashion marketing calendar (events, promotions, etc).
• Creative and innovative thinker who can identify opportunities and partnerships that align and
drive value for the American Apparel brand.
• Strategic thinking and analytical ability to analyze ROI on marketing spend and continuously
• Passion for collaborating with cross-functional teams to successfully develop, implement and
measure new strategies.
• Genuine interest in fashion, style, culture and eCommerce.
THE EMAIL MARKETING MANAGER (JOB ID 1053)
The Email Marketing Manager (American Apparel DTC) will be responsible for driving the
email marketing campaigns as they align with the overall marketing calendar. He/She will own
the tactical execution of all email marketing campaigns from HTML coding through automation
builds, deployment and ROI reporting.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• In coordination with the senior Marketing team, plan, coordinate and execute email
campaigns to engage subscribers, drive conversion and support the achievement of
overall sales goals.
• Create and maintain an email campaign strategy that maximizes key business metrics, such
as customer lifetime value (LTV), subscription rate, repeat purchase rate, email open rate, and
sales driven by Email Marketing.
• Track and analyze daily, weekly and monthly email KPI's and report recommendations and
summaries to the Executive Team.
• Oversee and manage the day to day execution of our email program, including: coding emails,
creating segmentation lists, tagging links, scheduling emails, setting up tests and quality
• Collaborate with internal teams, including Designers, Project Managers, Marketers and other
internal stakeholders to launch email campaigns as needed.
• Develop a holistic email strategy that includes ongoing retention campaigns, transactional
emails, subscriber emails, survey invitations and data from other departments (such as
• Strategize, test and implement email personalization, dynamic content and other tactics to
match creative to the needs of each customer segment.
• Generate and implement A/B tests on subject lines and email creative.
• Proactively monitor and mitigate deliverability issues.
• Manage relationships with Email Service Providers and other related vendors.
• Keep abreast with current email laws, best practices and standards.
• Develop strategies for new subscriber acquisition: including loyalty programs, subscriber
acquisition campaigns, third party email lists, acquisition and partnerships.
with four (4) years' related experience building and deploying email campaigns, using market-
ing automation tools.
• Experience working on a retail eCommerce team would be an asset.
• Experience working with an ESP, ExactTarget/Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar enterprise
email marketing platform.
• Knowledge of Web Analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate the data needed to make key business
decisions to drive results, or optimize success.
• Intermediate to advanced HTML/CSS skill and a working knowledge of SQL.
• Understanding of email best practices and CAN-SPAM compliance, as well as email
FIND YOUR FIT @
Links Archive July 17th 2017 July 19th 2017 Navigation Previous Page Next Page