Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : July 19th 2017 Contents news A9
Wednesday, July 19, 2017 guardian.co.tt
MARK 11 INHALER
= $300.00 ea. Box
1 Case & Above = $5,500.00 per Case
1 Box = 60 Pieces ( 10 Cards of 6 pieces)
1 Case = 1,200 Pieces (200 Cards of 6 pieces)
M.E.T. Wholesale Ltd is the only Licensed Importer by the FDA of T&T.
Mark 11 is a registered trade mark of M.E.T. Wholesale Ltd in T&T
All our Mark 11 products have our company name "MET/POS".
Note: Illegally imported Mark 11 can be removed from your
business premises by the FDA or Customs.
No teeth case back in court
Six months after a Moruga
farmer vowed to get justice in
pursuing the case a man who
allegedly knocked out his two
front teeth, the matter is back
before the court.
Both Neville Bruce, 68, and
the police confirmed that the ac-
cused Wayne Cabrerra was served
a summons on a charge of assault
occasioning actual bodily harm and
reappeared in the Princes Town
Magistrates Court where the charge
was read to him again.
Police sources said instructions
were given by the Office of the
Director of Public Prosecutions
to charge the accused again after
the matter was dismissed because
the victim mixed up his court date.
The accused is expected to return
to court next month.
Bruce had gone to the court in
January, with his two front teeth
in a plastic bag tucked his trouser
pocket, only to find out that the
case had been thrown out against
Bruce was left shocked and dis-
appointed when he learnt that the
matter was thrown out in July 2016.
The magistrate informed him
that the records showed that nei-
ther he nor the police complainant,
PC Samaroo, were in court and the
matter was dismissed.
In an interview with reporters,
Bruce admitted he had mixed up
his court dates.
However, he said he had all his
documents, his teeth and he felt he
was cheated out of justice. The po-
lice complainant was on sick leave.
Undaunted by the turn of events,
Bruce began his own investigations
and sought legal advice.
Bruce went to defence attorney
Cedric Neptune who wrote to the
Office of the Director of Public
Prosecutions giving a chronology
of the events and asking that the
matter be revisited. Bruce also
visited the DPP's office, the police
station and the courthouse deter-
mined to get the matter re-listed
in the court.
Speaking with the Guardian yes-
terday, Bruce said, "I am so happy.
I did my own investigations. It was
a lot of work, but the matter is back
before the court." Bruce still has his
teeth as evidence.
"I have to keep them as evidence.
I have to get my justice. I cannot
Bruce was allegedly beaten with a
garden hoe in February 2015 which
resulted in his two front teeth being
knocked out, his ankle shattering
among other injuries.
Doctor sues over delayed CSME
A Guyanese doctor has gotten per-
mission to sue the Ministry of Foreign
and Caricom Affairs over its almost
two-year delay in processing his
application for a Caribbean Single
Market and Economy (CSME) skills
certificate he needs to continue to
work and live in T&T.
Ryan Dhanraj, who has been living in
Trinidad since August 2013, was granted
leave to pursue his judicial review claim
against the ministry during a hearing be-
fore Justice Joan Charles in the Port-of-
Spain High Court yesterday.
Charles ruled that Dhanraj had present-
ed a case which had a realistic prospect of
success at an eventual trial.
According to his lawsuit, Dhanraj is
claiming that he applied for the certificate
in March 2014 after his previous certificate,
which allowed him to work in Grenada be-
tween 2011 and 2012, expired.
The certificate facilitates the free move-
ment of skilled workers between the 12
Caricom member states without the need
for work permits.
Two months after his application was
made, the Accreditation Council of T&T
(ACTT) informed him that his medical
degree from the American International
School of Medicine in Guyana was not
recognised by the Caribbean Accredited
Authority for Education in Medicine and
other Health Professions.
A month later, Dhanraj was informed
that his application was denied based on
the ACTT's ruling on his qualifications.
In January 2015, Dhanraj was granted a
certificate of good standing by the Medical
Board of T&T (MBTT), which allowed him
to practice in T&T for three years. While
the MBTT said that it does not normally
recognise degrees from Dhanraj's univer-
sity,it granted him the certificate based on
his successful completion of United States
(US) Medical Licencing Examinations.
Dhanraj was eventually granted a cer-
tificate of full registration from the board
in January, this year.
Following the MBTT's initial ruling,
Dhanraj reapplied for the certificate.
However, he claims the ministry never
responded to his application.
Dhanraj was employed at the Sangre
Grande Hospital between November 2013
and February 2016 as he had also been
granted a work permit from the Ministry
of National Security.
In his affidavit, filed in support of the
lawsuit, Dhanraj said that he made unsuc-
cessful requests for his second application
to be processed to several past and present
Government ministers including former
Foreign Affairs Minister Winston Dooker-
an and his successor Dennis Moses.
"Over two years has elapsed since my
application has been under review by the
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and despite
exploring several avenues and making
numerous attempts and endeavours to
have this matter concluded, I am with-
out any final decision from the Ministry
on my application," Dhanraj stated, as he
claimed the delay was causing him and his
family "severe inconvenience"
He also claimed that the the unreason-
able delay has effectively frustrated and
undermined the purpose of the Revised
Treaty of Chaguaramas which established
Dhanraj also noted that he had filed an
official complaint with Caricom's Gener-
al Council over the ministry's handling of
his application. A case management con-
ference in Dhanraj's case is scheduled for
Dhanraj is being represented by Anand
Ramlogan, SC, and Trishana Ramnath.
Links Archive July 18th 2017 July 20th 2017 Navigation Previous Page Next Page