Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : January 9th 2018 Contents life A21
Tuesday, January 9, 2018
THE REPUBLIC OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
Claim No CV 2016-0362
IN THE MATTER OF THE REAL PROPERTY ORDI-
CHAPTER 27 NO 11 PART IV SECTION 49
IN THE MATTER OF THE APPLICATION OF CHANDRA
SOOKLAL FOR A VESTING ORDER IN RESPECT OF
ALL THAT PARCEL OF LAND COMPRISING SIX POINT
TWO FIVE THREE ONE HECTARES (6.2531ha) OR 15
ACRES 2 ROODS 1 PERCH SITUATE AT AUGUSTE
TRACE, MAMORAL No.2, IN THE WARD OF CHAGUA-
NAS, IN THE REPUPLIC OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
AND DESCRIBED IN ROYAL GRANT OF CROWN
LANDS IN VOLUME 472 FOLIO 277.
TAKE NOTICE that on the 13th September, 2016 a Fixed
CHANDRA SOOKLAL whose
AND FURTHER TAKE NOTICE that the matter do stand
8th February, 2018 at 10:00am in court-
room POS 03, Hall of Justice, Knox Street, Port of Spain
TAKE NOTICE that IN DEFAULT
Dated this 20th day of December, 2017.
Supreme Court of Trinidad and Tobago
Reliving the glory days of Calypso Spektakula
n From Page A19
Rudder remained at these Calypso
Spektakula shows even as his
international career took off.
Rudder will also be performing at
Also on stage for Calypso
Spektakula Thru the Years 2018
will be Chalkdust, the national
calypso monarch record-holder,
with nine victories to his credit;
and, Trinidad Rio, who built a fine
career at Calypso Spektakula with
his unique brand of humorous social
and political commentary, and
also storytelling through comedic
calypsoes. King of humorous
calypsoes Funny will also perform
at these shows along with Luta and
the world’s most proficient extempo
calypsonian Winston “Gypsy”
Peters. Also billed are 3Canal,
Baron, Relator, Rikki Jai, Iwer,
Ronnie Mc Intosh, Tony Prescott,
and from Barbados Rupee and
Edwin Yearwood. For this year’s
production, Spektakula Promotions
has also embarked on paying tribute
to some of icons of calypso. Patrons
are expected to be mesmerised by
Nailah Blackman paying tribute to
her grandfather Ras Shorty I and
two-time national calypso monarch
Chuck Gordon paying tribute to the
These are only some of the
artistes in the impressive line-up for
shows that will be hosted by Tommy
Joseph who had audiences in
stitches nightly for the last quarter
decade. Artistes will all be backed
by Vincent Rivers and his band The
Last Friday, Frank Martineau,
Spektakula Promotions CEO, said:
“There have been so many artistes
that stood behind Spektakula
through the years, I am sincerely
hoping that those who were not
selected would not get vex with
Lennox (Toussaint) and myself.”
For 2018 shows are expected to
sell out, so move now and get tickets
early at all NLCB Lotto outlets.
Blue Boy (SuperBlue)
performs for screaming,
The Trinidad and Tobago Securities and Exchange Commission invites applications to fill the permanent
IN THE LEGAL, ADVISORY AND ENFORCEMENT DIVISION
A. Job Summary
The incumbent is required to provide legal assistance and advice on all matters pertaining to the functioning of
the Commission with particular reference to the Securities Act, 2012 and other governing/ related legislation.
• Reviews and analyses case materials such as reports, files and correspondence, and acts as legal adviser
in enforcement matters.
• Examines and analyses local and international legal procedural issues in collaboration with local and
overseas legal experts in order to implement appropriate enforcement practices in accordance with the
Commission’s regulatory mandate.
• Provides legal assistance and advice on all matters pertaining to the general functions and operations of
the Commission with particular reference to the Securities Act, 2012, and any other relevant legislative
• Provides legal advice to the Commission and to the various Divisions and Departments within the
Commission on all legal issues arising out of the Commission’s fulfillment of its mandate.
• Reviews and assists in the drafting of proposed legislation with a view to determining the suitability
of such draft legislation for the regulation of the securities market, and makes recommendations for
amendment of the current legislation where required.
• Reviews draft proposed by-laws and recommends the prioritization of additional draft by- laws where
• Appears before hearing panels of the Commission and the law Courts of Trinidad & Tobago, as an advocate
on behalf of the Commission.
• Performs other related duties as may be required.
C. Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• Attorney at Law admitted to practice at the Bar of Trinidad and Tobago
• 5 to 7 years’ experience in rendering legal opinions
• 3 years’ experience as an advocate in the civil or criminal court
• Experience as an attorney in a Financial Institution would be an asset.
• Any other equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
Visit www.ttsec.org.tt for more details on this position.
All applications should be forwarded under confidential cover and addressed as follows:
Vacant Position: LEGAL COUNSEL
The Chief Executive Officer
Trinidad and Tobago Securities and Exchange Commission
57-59 Dundonald Street
Port of Spain
Email address: email@example.com
Applications should arrive no later than January 22, 2018
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Links Archive January 8th 2018 January 10th 2018 Navigation Previous Page Next Page