Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : March 22nd 2018 Contents A8 news
Thursday, March 22, 2018
National Helicopter Services Limited, a leading provider of helicopter transport and related services to the energy
and state sectors, is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified professional to fill the following position:
DIRECTOR, CORPORATE SERVICES
Reporting to the General Manager or designate, the Director, Corporate Services is primarily responsible for managing all
aspects of NHSL’s Finance and Accounting functions and overseeing its Human Resources, Purchasing, IT and Administrative
functions. The incumbent also performs the role of Corporate Secretary to the NHSL Board of Directors.
• Manages the full range of NHSL’s finance functions including financial accounting, management accounting, budgeting,
long-term financial planning, treasury management, debt management and credit management.
• Manages the enterprise risk management system, including insurances, business continuity and corporate governance.
• Provides required input in the articulation and development of corporate strategy and related strategic positions for
consideration by Executive Leadership and the General Manager which is then submitted to the Board of Directors for
• Formulates major corporate economic strategies and policies for the company and translates same into the company’s
ongoing strategic objectives.
• Formulates ideas and makes recommendations for institutional strengthening as well as organizational and people
development at NHSL.
• Serves as Corporate Secretary and ensures BOARD compliance with the Companies Act and other relevant governance
• The position has specific responsibility for the development of the human resources within its area of responsibility and
ensures its supervisors carry out same for those under their charge.
• ACCA qualified or other equivalent accounting qualification.
• Fifteen (15) years post qualification experience of which five (5) years should be at a managerial or senior supervisory
• Experience in corporate secretarial duties
• Legal qualifications and or MBA with concentration in Finance/MSc. Accounting would be an asset
• Knowledge of: International financial reporting standards, Corporate Governance standards as well as Procurement and
HR/IR best practices.
• Familiar with the management of multi-million dollar cash balances
Detailed applications together with copies of all documentary evidence of Academic Qualifications, Training and Experience
and the names of two Referees should reach:
The Human Resource Manager
National Helicopter Services Limited
NHSL Heliport, Camden
P.O. Bag 685, Couva
No later than April 04, 2018
Unsuitable applications would not be acknowledged.
NATIONAL HELICOPTER SERVICES LIMITED
Heartland Plaza, Chaguanas.
GP and Specialist Doctor
left is Culture
Minster Dr Nyan
Minister in the
Office of the Prime
A self proclaimed artist, charged
with allegedly showing pornography
to a school girl and trafficking co-
caine in front of a secondary school
in San Fernando, has been denied
Christopher Nandlal, 52, of La
Romaine, was not asked to plead to
the indictable charges when he ap-
peared in the San Fernando Magis-
Nandlal was arrested around 7.15
am on Tuesday in front of ASJA
Constables Alister Redhead, PC
Seedharie and PC Ramesar were in a
police vehicle travelling along Todd
Street when it is alleged they saw
Nandlal showing the pornography
to the girl as she was walking past
The police officers found in his
possession four drawing books with
sketches of people engaging in sex-
ual intercourse. His name was writ-
ten on some of the drawings.
Nandlal also allegedly had five
compact discs with pornography, a
Sunday punch and a quantity of co-
caine in his possession.
He was taken to the San Fernando
Police Station where he was charged
by PC Redhead.
Yesterday, San Fernando magis-
trate Kerianne Byer read the charges
to him that on Tuesday at Todd
Street he intentionally exposed a
child to pornography, contrary to
Section 41 of the Children’s Act.
The second charge alleged that he
was in possession of cocaine within
500 meters of Asja Girls’ College for
the purpose of trafficking.
Court prosecutor Sgt Chanardath
Jhilmit informed the magistrate that
Nandlal refused to give his finger-
prints to the police and as a conse-
quence they were unable to obtain
his criminal record.
The magistrate started to speak
to him about that when Nandlal in-
terjected and began speaking loudly
about unrelated things.
He told her the last time he ap-
peared before the court he had his
St Ann’s documents, but “them
come and thief meh papers.” He
continued, “I trying to do my draw-
ing business. Any time somebody
from Hollywood come to meet
me......” He did not finish his sen-
tence, but went on to claim that the
substance the police found on him
was terrazzo stone and not cocaine.
The magistrate remanded him into
custody and transferred the matter
to the First Court for March 23.
Christopher Nandlal, charged with
exposing children to pornographic
material and possession of cocaine for
the purpose of trafficking.
No bail for man
accused of showing
school girl porn
Log on to www.guardian.co.tt for the latest in news
Links Archive March 21st 2018 March 23rd 2018 Navigation Previous Page Next Page