Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : March 27th 2018 Contents A22 job hunter
Tuesday, March 27, 2018
Applications are invited from suitably
qualified persons for the position of
at a communications company
in St. Lucia.
Applicants should possess a sound
background in journalism or media related
discipline and must be goal oriented.
The following are assets:-
i) A degree in Mass Communications
ii) Former employment in a similar
capacity at another communications
Applications are to be addressed to the
Chief Executive officer
and mailed to
P.O Box MF7096
or emailed to email@example.com.
National Helicopter Services Limited, a leading provider of helicopter transport and related services to the energy
and state sectors, is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified professional to fill the following position:
DIRECTOR, CORPORATE SERVICES
Reporting to the General Manager or designate, the Director, Corporate Services is primarily responsible for managing all
aspects of NHSL’s Finance and Accounting functions and overseeing its Human Resources, Purchasing, IT and Administrative
functions. The incumbent also performs the role of Corporate Secretary to the NHSL Board of Directors.
• Manages the full range of NHSL’s finance functions including financial accounting, management accounting, budgeting,
long-term financial planning, treasury management, debt management and credit management.
• Manages the enterprise risk management system, including insurances, business continuity and corporate governance.
• Provides required input in the articulation and development of corporate strategy and related strategic positions for
consideration by Executive Leadership and the General Manager which is then submitted to the Board of Directors for
• Formulates major corporate economic strategies and policies for the company and translates same into the company’s
ongoing strategic objectives.
• Formulates ideas and makes recommendations for institutional strengthening as well as organizational and people
development at NHSL.
• Serves as Corporate Secretary and ensures BOARD compliance with the Companies Act and other relevant governance
• The position has specific responsibility for the development of the human resources within its area of responsibility and
ensures its supervisors carry out same for those under their charge.
• ACCA qualified or other equivalent accounting qualification.
• Fifteen (15) years post qualification experience of which five (5) years should be at a managerial or senior supervisory
• Experience in corporate secretarial duties
• Legal qualifications and or MBA with concentration in Finance/MSc. Accounting would be an asset
• Knowledge of: International financial reporting standards, Corporate Governance standards as well as Procurement and
HR/IR best practices.
• Familiar with the management of multi-million dollar cash balances
Detailed applications together with copies of all documentary evidence of Academic Qualifications, Training and Experience
and the names of two Referees should reach:
The Human Resource Manager
National Helicopter Services Limited
NHSL Heliport, Camden
P.O. Bag 685, Couva
No later than April 04, 2018
Unsuitable applications would not be acknowledged.
NATIONAL HELICOPTER SERVICES LIMITED
Find the job
Ways to tell if you
need a career change
s a writer
issues, I re-
of emails each
month from working
people with questions
about every aspect of
their professional lives
and aspirations. Some
want to quit, others to
start their own busi-
nesses, others want
to be promoted, get
a raise, move to an-
other country, tell their
boss to go to h*ll, and
more. How can you tell
if you should change ca-
reers or not?
I’ve found that there
are 5 critical ways to
and effectively if you
should change careers,
and once you get hip
to these signs, you’ll be
able to answer for your-
self in a heartbeat.
1. You are chronically
worn out, exhausted
If you experience chronic
illness, debilitation and ex-
haustion, the first place I’d
look is your work. Most of
us spend more waking hours
working than doing anything
else, and I can tell you from
firsthand experience that
if you don’t like your work,
it won’t like you back, and
work can very easily make
your body break down. Your
body tells you what your lips
cannot. It may be your spe-
cific job or toxic work envi-
ronment that is breaking you
2. Your skills, responsibilities,
and tasks are not you at all.
This can be a shocker for
some folks, that you might
have become very good at
work that you hate. For ex-
ample, I used to be really
good at presenting to a board
room of senior leaders the
facts, data and new market-
ing strategies about the mem-
bership products I managed,
but inside it was a horrible
struggle. I just couldn’t seem
to hold onto the key statistics
or data about these products
because I couldn’t care less
Continued on next Page
Your body tells
you what your
Links Archive March 26th 2018 March 28th 2018 Navigation Previous Page Next Page