Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : April 3rd 2018 Contents A32 job hunter
Tuesday, April 3, 2018
National Helicopter Services Limited, a leading provider of helicopter transport and related services to the energy
and state sectors, is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified professional to fill the following position:
DIRECTOR, CORPORATE SERVICES
Reporting to the General Manager or designate, the Director, Corporate Services is primarily responsible for managing all
aspects of NHSL’s Finance and Accounting functions and overseeing its Human Resources, Purchasing, IT and Administrative
functions. The incumbent also performs the role of Corporate Secretary to the NHSL Board of Directors.
• Manages the full range of NHSL’s finance functions including financial accounting, management accounting, budgeting,
long-term financial planning, treasury management, debt management and credit management.
• Manages the enterprise risk management system, including insurances, business continuity and corporate governance.
• Provides required input in the articulation and development of corporate strategy and related strategic positions for
consideration by Executive Leadership and the General Manager which is then submitted to the Board of Directors for
• Formulates major corporate economic strategies and policies for the company and translates same into the company’s
ongoing strategic objectives.
• Formulates ideas and makes recommendations for institutional strengthening as well as organizational and people
development at NHSL.
• Serves as Corporate Secretary and ensures BOARD compliance with the Companies Act and other relevant governance
• The position has specific responsibility for the development of the human resources within its area of responsibility and
ensures its supervisors carry out same for those under their charge.
• ACCA qualified or other equivalent accounting qualification.
• Fifteen (15) years post qualification experience of which five (5) years should be at a managerial or senior supervisory
• Experience in corporate secretarial duties
• Legal qualifications and or MBA with concentration in Finance/MSc. Accounting would be an asset
• Knowledge of: International financial reporting standards, Corporate Governance standards as well as Procurement and
HR/IR best practices.
• Familiar with the management of multi-million dollar cash balances
Detailed applications together with copies of all documentary evidence of Academic Qualifications, Training and Experience
and the names of two Referees should reach:
The Human Resource Manager
National Helicopter Services Limited
NHSL Heliport, Camden
P.O. Bag 685, Couva
No later than April 04, 2018
Unsuitable applications would not be acknowledged.
NATIONAL HELICOPTER SERVICES LIMITED
THE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL
IS SEEKING TO EMPLOY:
A Teacher (primary level)
• Must be registered with the Ministry of Education
• Possess a Bachelor of Education degree
• Ability to teach a VAPA area will be an asset
• Candidates who have completed at least two years of the BEd
degree will be considered
A Financial Assistant
• Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
• Have relevant experience.
• Be organized and pay attention to detail.
APPLICATIONS MUST CONTAIN
• Your Application letter
• Your Resume
• Your registration number with the Ministry of Education (for
place of employment.
Applications can be placed in a sealed envelope and hand-delivered or
The University School
#62 Baker St.
Or emailed to email@example.com
and cc firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline date for submission: April 16th 2018
Applying for multiple
positions at one company
ooking for a job is a job
in and of itself. I do not
know many people who
actually enjoy the pro-
cess of applying for mul-
tiple positions, only to be turned
down or not receive a response
altogether. Couple this angst
with the state of the economy
the past couple of years and you
have many people applying for as
many jobs as possible.
Sometimes out of frustration,
but most times out of despera-
tion, numerous job candidates
have applied for more than one
or two positions with the same
company. Is this strategy of going
for everything you can smart or a
set up for failure?
Here are the top three pros and
cons of applying for numerous
positions within the same com-
1. You in fact may be qualified
for each position that is posted
so why not go for it? Just be-
cause you are qualified for one
position should not negate the
possibilities of being an asset
for another position. You may
increase your odds of being
called back by applying for
more than one position.
2. Applying for more than one
position may positively display
your persistence. If you applied
for one position and did not re-
ceive an interview, applying for
another one which you qualify
for within the same company
has been noted by some HR ex-
ecutives as sign of persistence
and desire on the part of the
3. In larger companies, there
may be two different hiring
managers for the different po-
sitions. While one HR manager
may feel you are not a fit, the
other may be interested in what
you can offer.
1. Rushing. Each resume and
cover letter should be specif-
ically drafted for the position
you are applying for. It has been
noted that some candidates dis-
perse multiple applications and
resumes in such a rushed man-
ner that they fail to specifically
highlight their qualifications for
each individual position.
2. Coming off as desperate.
Some HR managers sense the
desperation of an applicant by
their unappealing cover letter
and lack of necessary qualifi-
cations. It is easy to spot the
candidate who is just “going for
it” as opposed to the candidate
who is perfect for the job.
3. You may start a bidding war
within the company. Compa-
nies do not want friction be-
tween their departments. It has
been suggested that if you focus
on one position and it turns out
to not be a good fit, speak with
your HR department about
moving into another one.
Find the job
It is easy to spot the
candidate who is just
“going for it” as
opposed to the
candidate who is
perfect for the job.
Links Archive April 2nd 2018 April 4th 2018 Navigation Previous Page Next Page