Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : May 31st 2013 Contents Friday May 31, 2013 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
E ercise 1
(i) Main Idea -- Life a home
(ii) I live in a fla wi h my family. We have
wo bedroom and a living room. We
have a garden and we have ome
flower here. I have a bro her and a
i er and I hink I am very lucky o
live wi h hem. Some ime our rela-
ive vi i u . Our fla become very
crowded ome ime bu I like i .
E ercise 2
1. I live in a hou e in Mayaro. I i n' old
or modern; i i a normal, wooden
hou e. I i near he ea; i ake
abou en minu e o go o he ea-
ide. In he hou e, here are wo bed-
room , one living room and wo
o her room ha we u e a dining
room . Na urally, we have a ki chen,
a ba hroom, a oile , and a li le gar-
den. My aren end heir ime
growing vege able and frui here.
C. Fa l S ar .
1. Friend can change your life. So, you
mu know who i a real friend.
Fir ly, your friend mu under and
you and of cour e, you mu under-
and him/her, oo. I hink, al o, ha
in a friend hi here mu be confi-
dence. You mu n' ell lie o each
o her. In addi ion, you mu ay
every hing abou your elf. I hink
he e are im or an for a friend hi .
If you have a friend like hi , you
don' break u wi h him/ her becau e
a real friend i no found ea ily.
D. Lack of Topic Sen ence
Sample - Topic sen ence:
1. A good friend i a er on who doe -
n' ell me lie , who hel me and le
me hel him, and who I can alk o in
E. De elopmen of he Ideas.
E ercise 5
1. There are hree uali ie ha I need
o ee in a good friend. Fir , a good
friend houldn' ell lie . I need o
ru him o ha I can alk o him.
Second, a good friend hould be
here when I needed him. I hould be
able o find him near me when I am
lem. Finally, when nece ary, he
hould cri icize me o ha I can
change my unde irable behaviour or
ee where I am wrong. I hink, he e
hree uali ie are he ba ic ro er-
ie in a good friend.
2. Vocab lar Choice
E ercise 6
1. Friend lay a grea role in our live .
They affec our live nega i el or
posi i el . We hould choo e hem
very carefully. Fir , we can look a
hi beha io r. If i i OK, no roblem
bu if i i no , hen i can be very dif-
ficul . Af er ha , we can look a hi
ac ivi ie . I i very im or an o do
ome hing oge her. We mu be-
ware of eo le who ha e bad habi
uch a moking, bad eaking, e c.
Some eo le don' hink o bu I
hink finally we hould look a hi
ph sical appearance becau e if you
have a differen ph sical appear-
ance han him, you may no be com-
for able (other word). For e am le if
you are aller han him, his gener-
all ma be ncomfor able (re-
stated) o him. Con e uen ly, i i
very im or an o choo e a friend ac-
cording o your q ali ies. (restated)
Spelling/Vocab lar :
1. Our eacher did no (accep , e cep )
our e cu e for arriving la e o chool
2. The ringing of he church bell had no
(affec , effec ) on he congrega ion.
3. Sir Hillary' (ascen , assen ) on M .
Evere i indeed a remarkable a k.
4. Wha a remarkable (ci e, si e,
sigh )!" Michael e claimed.
5. Mohammed Ali wa (formerl , for-
mall ) called Ca iu Clay.
1. According o informa ion given in he
a age, he malle communi y
oday i called a village.
2. A 'conurba ion' i he name given o
he communi y where everal ci ie
come oge her.
3. The growing re ence of larger com-
muni ie in den ely o ula ed coun-
rie ha re ul ed in a need for more
acce road , elec rici y ower and
4. Pollu ion, e idemic and crime are
he environmen al and ocial rob-
lem a ocia ed wi h he re ence of
large ci ie and conurba ion .
5. Farmland (agricul ural land) i u ed
o build larger communi ie .
6. The moon wa hining brigh in he
7. The hill a eared o be black o he
8. The banana men carried he banana
( em ) on heir head .
9. A Bri i h hi wa 're ing' in he
10. Evan Jone i he name of he oe
who wro e he oem.
11. (a) shook - rembled; uaked; irred;
(b) peered - looked; gazed; ared
12. A valley i he low lying area found
be ween wo hill or moun ain .
13. The hra e, "grad all d ing a a "
mean ha he (cra h) ound of he
hunder wa fading or di a earing
or becoming of er.
14. The hra e, "in all has e" mean
ha he er on wa doing ome-
hing hurriedly (speedil ; q ickl ;
s if l ; fas ; rapidl ).
15. The a emen ( en ence),"There's
no hing e can do,.... I 's oo la e,"
mo likely mean ha no hing could
have been done o ave he hou e
(or eo le) becau e he fire had de-
royed every hing.
b h=60cm=6 10or3 20or
12 5or4 15
40. Refle angle
41. No. of goal for fir 4 game =
No. of goal for la 4 game = 156
To alno.ofgoal =156+156=312
An wer: 312 goal
42. le he number of bo e Carla old
Michelle old 5 more: n + 5
Michelle old 5 more han wice:
An wer: 85 bo e of cookie
43. Leng h of he ail =
Leng h of he body =
To al leng h =
An wer: 42 cm
An wer: 4 minu e
45. le he number of roblem Donna
An wer: 15 roblem
46.a. 3 $35=$105
b. Co of 5 medium izza =
Co of 4 large izza =
To al co = $175 + $180 = $355
An wer: a. $105.00, b. $355.00
200 400 600 800 1000 1200
300 600 900 1200
Links Archive May 30th 2013 June 1st 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page