Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : June 15th 2013 Contents B2
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Saturday, June 15, 2013
GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
UPDATED PUBLIC STATEMENT OF THE
MINISTRY OF FOOD PRODUCTION
IN COMPLIANCE WITH SECTIONS 7, 8 AND 9 OF THE FREEDOM OF
INFORMATION ACT 1999
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR ALL DIVISIONS IN THE
MINISTRY OF FOOD PRODUCTION
In accordance with Sections 7 (1)(b), 8(2)(b) and 9(2)(b) of the Freedom of Information Act,
(FOIA)1999, the Ministry of Food Production is required by law to publish a
statement which lists the documents and information generally available to the public.
The Act gives members of the public:
1. A legal right for each person to access information held by the Ministry of Food Production.
2. A legal right for each person to have official information relating to
himself/herself amended where incomplete, incorrect or misleading.
3. A legal right to obtain reasons for adverse decisions made regarding an
applicant's request for information under the FOIA.
4. A legal right to complain to the Ombudsman and to apply to the High Court for Judicial
Review to challenge adverse decisions made under the Freedom of Information Act.
The following information is published by the Ministry of Food Production with the approval of
the Minister of Food Production:
Section 7 statements
Section 7(1) (a) (i)
(1) Function and Structure of the Ministry of Food Production.
"The Ministry of Food Production will be the driving force in the sustainable
development of food production, agriculture, and fisheries in Trinidad and Tobago by ensuring
the delivery of a range of agricultural services consistent with state policy and the expectations of
The Head Office is located at St. Clair Circle, St. Clair
Telephone No: 622-1221/4
Fax No: 622-8202
The Ministry's major functions include:
o Promoting the efficient production, processing and marketing of food
and non-food farm products of the nation.
o Managing the nation's marine renewable resources and the land and
water resources devoted to farming in a sustainable manner.
o Formulating and implementing policy measures that will further develop the sector.
o Providing support to farms on good agricultural practices.
o Strengthening the organizational capacity and human capital to fulfill
the goals and objectives of the Ministry.
The Ministry of Food Production comprises the following
Animal Production and Health
Extension, Training and Information Services
Human Resource Management
Agricultural Land Administration Division
Regional Administration North
Regional Administration South
Commercial Large Farms
Finance and Accounts
Central Administration Unit
The following organizational chart depicts the main responsibility centres of the Ministry of Food
PARTICULARS OF THE ORGANIZATION AND
FUNCTIONS OF THE MINISTRY OF
Agricultural Planning Division
The major functions of this Division are:-
1. To assist in the determination of a consistent set of goals and
objectives for the development of the agricultural sector.
2. To formulate, evaluate and implement policies, plans, programmes
3. To coordinate and manage the annual planning process as well as the
programming and evaluation of the Ministry's Development Work
Programme and Budget, and the management of the Ministry's
Technical Assistance portfolio.
4. To facilitate the work of the other Divisions of the Ministry.
Animal Production and Health Division
The core functions of this Division are:-
1. To assist in the formulation of as well as implementation of policies,
plans and program, designed for the livestock sub-sector.
2. To facilitate import or export of animals and animal products.
3. To implement programmes to prevent the introduction of new diseases, control or
eradicate animal disease of economic importance in the country as well as diseases
transmitted to humans through animals and unwholesome animal products.
Links Archive June 14th 2013 June 16th 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page