Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : July 17th 2013 Contents B28
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Write about any ONE (1) of the following:-
1. You are walking to school one morning
when suddenly a puppy runs through an
open gate in front of you. Write an
account describing what you did and
what eventually happened.
2. You have recently spent your Easter vaca-
tion. Did you enjoy it? Write a letter to a
relative abroad, describing the part of the
holiday you enjoyed the most and explain-
ing why you had such a good time.
3. Write a story that ends with the following
lines: "... Utterly satisfied, I slowly walked
away from the scene of the fight. Indeed,
I had done my best."
SECTION I - GRAMMAR SKILLS
A. Circle one (1) of the answers in the
brackets to make the following
sentences read correctly.
My friends and I think that Mathematics
(is; are) quite interesting.
1. All the plums but one (was; were)
2. Here (is; are) one of the kindest persons
you could ever meet.
3. Most of the salt (has; have) been spilt on
4. Isn't it I who (has; have) chosen you to
B. Name the part of speech of each under-
lined word in the brackets provided.
Mummy loves to work in her vegetable
5. The children had enjoyed the pajama party,
6. There were many beautiful paintings in
the room. (
7. Can you climb over the wall? (
8. One goal in the last few minutes and the
match suddenly seemed over. (
C. Write in a suitable form of each given
word to complete the following
BREAK The bandit was accused of
breaking and entering.
9. VIGOUR The man gave the bottle a
10. WEEP The nurse tried to console the
11. LEARN It's been said that too much
_________ can be a dangerous
D. Circle one (1) of the words in the brackets
to complete the following sentences.
The tenants were opposed (with; to)
moving to another place.
12. Sammy preferred eating snacks (than; to)
13. There is a great need (for; of) drivers to be
more careful on the road.
E. Use conjunctions and/or relative pronouns
to join the following sentences. (Some
changes may be necessary.)
(S1) Yesterday, Mummy bought some
delicious fruits. She bought them at
the market. She then put them into a
(S2) Yesterday, at the market, Mummy
bought some delicious fruits which
she then put into a large container.
(S3) After Mummy bought some delicious
fruits at the market, she put them
into a large container.
14. Darien is a carpenter. He built himself a
beautiful house. The house is admired by all.
15. Sally met her favorite uncle. Sally was
walking down the street. Her uncle said
that he would visit her family later.
F. Put in a suitable form of the given
word to complete each of the following
While (offload) offloading the goods, the
workmen noticed that a few items had
16. He had really (mean) ___________ to tell
them how the whole incident had (begin)
17. After (be) ____________ in the refrigerator
for quite a long time, it was no surprise
that the bottle of water had (freeze)
G. Choose one of the pronouns from the
brackets to complete each of the
(I; me) Can she or I see you later?
18. (we; us) That is the man to whom
____________ spoke yesterday.
19. (him; he) It is either that other pupil or
__________ who won the
H. Each the following sentences contain
an error. Read the sentences well,
underline the error then write only the
corrections in the brackets provided.
Example: He asked me whom I thought
would make the better captain. (who)
20. The line of vehicles were moving very
slowly towards the town. (
21. Tomorrow, me and you will go to the
22. Either I or him will help with the chores,
Links Archive July 16th 2013 July 18th 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page