Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : August 6th 2013 Contents B16
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Citibank (Trinidad & Tobago) Limited is seeking a qualified individual to fill the role of
CORPORATE & COMMERCIAL BANK - HEAD
Citigroup Corporate & Commercial Banking franchise is among the world's foremost banks. It offers a full suite of strategic and financing products, services and advice to
multinational and local corporations, financial institutions, governments, and privately held businesses in more than 160 countries. With our strong local presence in many
countries - Citigroup Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is a leading provider of Cash Management, Trade and Treasury Services, Securities and Fund Services, and Capital
Markets products and services to financial institutions and corporate clients around the world.
• Leverage global network to meet customers' needs and develop linkages to deliver new and improved products
• Assist with the development of strategic plans and initiatives that will generate sustainable growth in revenue within acceptable risk parameters
• Proactively seek to develop innovative methods and frameworks to satisfy customer needs in order to achieve sustainable customer relationships
• Initiate and execute marketing strategies, credit policies and pricing structures consistent with institutional objectives, standards and local credit limits
• Maintain administrative procedures and controls in order to achieve risk asset quality
• Effectively oversee the marketing of the Bank's products and the focused development of new ones
• Oversea and direct the corporate approach to existing and prospective local, corporate, public sector and institutional names
• Implement and manage the marketing of the Bank's Capital markets' products to existing customers and prospects. Ensuring compliance with regulatory
requirements for Capital markets in all territories in which activities occur
• Ensure the development of new products to meet corporate customers' requirements in all territories, Trinidad, Barbados, Bahamas and non-branched countries.
• Supervise Country Heads (Barbados & Bahamas), Relationship Managers and Administrative staff
• Manage and supervise the Corporate and Commercial Bank Team to ensure that the Bank's goals and objectives are met. Support the bankers in building trusted
relationships with clients
• Candidates should have significant diversified financial management experience. Business expertise should include Corporate and Investment Banking products,
Lending, Risk Management, and credit and/or banking operations. International experience is required.
• Candidates must have effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
Strong presentation and relationship management skills are essential. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing,
with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
• Candidates must have effective persuasion skills, the ability to work effectively at the highest levels of the organization, and will display highly effective networking
and influencing skills. This person will be comfortable acting as an agent for positive change with agility and flexibility.
• This individual will have proven Corporate & Investment Banking experience influencing geographically dispersed teams of world class professionals.
Their experience will have been in highly respected diversified institutions with complex and diverse products and customers. He/she will have shown solid career
progression within these well respected institutions and proven experience in a role with enterprise wide scope.
• This individual will be a member of the executive leadership team and will also interface with Corporate and Investment Banking leaders as Citi will be driving
leading edge practices. He/she will have executive presence. Effectiveness in working within a large scale and complex matrix organization is essential. Valuing
Diversity. Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce; Multi-cultural sensitivity, Influence skills that reflect the matrix reporting nature of Citi's global
organization and business construct.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE - APPLICANT MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF:
• Masters from a recognized University in Business or a related discipline.
• A minimum of eight (8) years experience and skill set developed through an understanding of all aspects of the business.
• Proven track record in Sales Leadership and attainment of targets
• Worked extensively with diverse clients and cultures in Latin America
• Communication skills (strategic and tactical, internal and external, multi-level)
• A reputation for building strong relationships with stakeholders and leading teams, both direct reports and in peer/influence models
• Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success. Risk assessment (environmental,
credit, portfolio, market, operating, process and people);
• Multi-Lingual - fluent in English and Spanish
Interested applicants should submit their application to: email@example.com
Applicants are also required to submit a copy of the Application to: Chief Manpower Officer,
Ministry of Labour & Small and Micro Enterprise Development, 50-54 Duke Place, Duke Street, Port of Spain
Deadline for submission is August 9, 2013 (No late applications will be accepted)
When you think of a
"perfect leader," what
comes to mind?
You might picture
someone who never lets
his temper get out of con-
trol, no matter what
problems he s facing. You
might think of someone
who has the complete
trust of her staff, always
speaks kindly, listens to
her team, is easy to talk
to and always makes care-
ful, informed decisions.
These are qualities of
someone with a high
degree of emotional intel-
What is emotional
(EI) is the ability to under-
stand and manage both
your own emotions, and
those of the people
around you. People with
a high degree of emotion-
al intelligence usually
know what they re feel-
ing, what this means, and
how their emotions can
affect other people.
For leaders, having
emotional intelligence is
essential for success. After
all, who is more likely to
succeed -- a leader who
shouts at his team when
he s under stress, or a
leader who stay in control,
and calmly assesses the
According to Daniel
Goleman, an American
psychologist who helped
make the idea of EI pop-
ular, there are five main
elements of emotional
• Social skills.
The more that you, as
a leader, manage each of
these areas, the higher
your emotional intelli-
gence. So, let s look at
each element in more
detail and examine how
you can grow as a leader.
If you re self-aware,
you always know how you
feel. And you know how
your emotions, and your
actions, can affect the
people around you. Being
self-aware when you re
in a leadership position
also means having a clear
picture of your strengths
and weaknesses. And it
means having humility.
So, what can you do to
improve your self-awareness?
Keep a journal -- Journals help improve
your self-awareness. If you spend just
a few minutes each day writing down
your thoughts, this can move you to a
higher degree of self-awareness.
Slow down -- When you experience
anger or other strong emotions, slow
down to examine why. Remember, no
matter what the situation, you can
always choose how you react to it.
Leaders who regulate themselves
effectively rarely verbally attack others,
make rushed or emotional decisions,
stereotype people, or compromise their
values. Self-regulation is all about staying
This element of emotional intelligence,
according to Goleman, also covers a
leader s flexibility and commitment to
Continued on Page B17
Emotional intelligence in leadership
Links Archive August 5th 2013 August 7th 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page