Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : August 15th 2013 Contents "The chance of success increases when you put
country before self."
This was the message relayed by Sports Minister
Anil Roberts, who reverted to his part-time job as
coach when he spoke to members of T&T s Under-
17 men s water polo team which will depart for
Buenos Aires, Argentina next Friday, to contest the
Pan American Junior Water Polo Championship.
The Championships, a qualifying event for next
year s FINA World Youth Water Polo Championship,
will run from August 23 to September 1, where a
top five spot will suffice in the team s progression
to the global competition.
The national junior water polo team, along with
parents, executive members of the Amateur Swim-
ming Association of T&T (ASATT) and officials of
the Sport Company of T&T (Sportt), were present
at the VIP Lounge of the Hasely Crawford Stadium,
Wrightson Road, on Tuesday night, where the
charges were offered words of wisdom from
Roberts, who also serves as coach of Olympic
medalist George Bovell III.
Chairman of Sportt, Sebastien Paddington, who
represented T&T in freestyle swimming at the
Olympic Games in 2000 also spoke to the junior
Roberts advice to the parents was straightfor-
ward: "Allow the coach to do his job."
Saying he was already inspired by their past suc-
cess and the determination etched in their faces,
Roberts advised the athletes to use their country
as motivation to succeed, citing recent FINA World
Championship medalist Bovell as an inspiration
and a patriot.
T&T s participation at the last Junior Pan Amer-
ican Championship in 2011 resulted in a fourth
placed finish, which secured the team a spot at
last year s World Championship, where it placed
The team s current head coach Allan Too A Foo
said his team is as likely as any other to finish in
the top five at the competition. He coached the
team to its first ever gold medal at the Central
American and Caribbean Swimming Confederation
(CCCAN) Championships in San Jose, Costa Rica,
where the team triumphed 8-4 over Puerto Rico
in the final.
T&T cannot field a girls team at the Pan Amer-
ican Games due to the team s withdrawal before
the recent CCCAN qualifying event.
Thursday, August 15, 2013 www.guardi
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
THE NORTH-CENTRAL REGIONAL HEALTH AUTHORITY "EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST"
FROM COMPANIES WISHING TO SUPPLY
ORAL & MAXILLOFACIAL, ORTHOPAEDIC & NEUROSURGICAL IMPLANTS & INSTRUMENTATION
ON CONSIGNMENT FOR SURGERIES AT THE ERIC WILLIAMS MEDICAL SCIENCES COMPLEX
1. Interested Suppliers are invited to submit proposals which should include but not limited to:
• List of Implants and Instruments provided
• Prices of the Items
• Copy of consignment contract/agreement
• Quality Manual
2. The proposals should also include:
• A Valid Income Tax Certificate
• A Valid VAT Clearance Certificate
• A Valid NIS Certificate
• Certificate of Incorporation, Certificate of Registration and/or Certificate of Continuance (as applicable)
• Recent reference of similar services completed
• Audited Financial statements for the past three (3) years
3. Any further information may be obtained from Dr. Natasha Kochhar, Head of Dental Services at (868) 662-9839 and
Mr. James Byam, Acting Head of Surgery Services at (868) 645-2640 ext. 2970 during normal working hours.
4. The ORIGINAL AND SIX (6) COPIES OF THE ENTIRE ORIGINAL EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
must be placed in sealed envelopes addressed to:
The Chairman of the Tenders Committee
North Central Regional Health Authority
Building 39, Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex, Uriah Butler Highway, Champs Fleurs
And clearly marked: Request for Expression of Interest for Oral & Maxillofacial, Orthopaedic &
Neurosurgical Implants & Instrumentation
5. The envelope(s) must be deposited personally in the Tender Box at the Tenders Department, at the above address no
later than 2:00 pm on Monday 9th September, 2013.
6. Companies will be required to sign a form indicating the date and time of deposit of the EOI.
The EOIs will be opened publicly at 2:15 pm on the date of the closing as stated above in a meeting room at Bldg. 39, Eric
Williams Medical Sciences Complex. The Tenderer or his representative may choose to be present at the opening.
7. The Authority does not bind itself to any offer.
8. Late offers will not be considered.
9. Failure to comply with any of these instructions may result in the EOI not being considered.
10.The Authority reserves the right to cancel the present EOI in its entirety or partially, without defraying any cost incurred
by any firm in submitting its EOI.
Minister of Sport Anil Roberts, fifth from
right, poses with members and coaches of
the T&T's Under-17 men's water polo team
Kyle Ferriera, back row from left, Joseph
Herrera, Akeem Valentine, Leon Daniel,
Sebastian Van Reeken, Justin Bhola, Justin
Bodden, Jivan Chee Foon, assitant coach
Gregory Joseph, head coach Alan Too-A-
Foo. Front row: Arron Shepard, Giovanni
Newallo, Adrian Hinds, Nabeel Hosein at the
VIP lounge of the Hasely Crawford Stadium,
Wrightson Road, on Tuesday night. Roberts
gave the team a pep talk ahead of its trip to
Buenos Aires, Argentina, where T&T will
challenge the Pan American Junior Water
Polo Championship, which runs from next
Saturday to September 1. The team departs
next Friday. PHOTO: ANTHONY HARRIS
Links Archive August 14th 2013 August 16th 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page