Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : September 25th 2013 Contents B28
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Continued on page 15
Write about any ONE (1) of the following:-
1. It is always a pleasure when we have new
friends. Have you found a new friend, re-
cently? Write a story that begins with the
following line: "We met on the first day of
2. Doesn't it feel great when we are extremely
lucky when we least expect it? Continue the
story that begins with the following lines:- "I
just couldn't believe my luck. This was the
best thing that had ever happened to me..."
3. We always are delighted whenever we have
some extra money to spend. Write a letter to
your parents or guardians explaining, in some
detail, why you think that you should be given
a larger allowance.
SECTION I - GRAMMAR SKILLS
A. Replace each underlined set of words with
one suitable word.
The vendor put the bunch of bananas (it) on
1. The mother bird was feeding its little ones
(_________) in their nest.
2. Jennie had sent a letter to her grandmother
3. Our friends will meet my sister and me
(_________) at the playground at four p.m.
4. Jeffrey asked To m (_________) about the field
trip that they would soon be taking to the Eco
B. Write in 's or s' to show possession in the
Aren't these Mummy's blouses?
5. The children lunchboxes were neatly packed in
6. They sell the best variety of goods at Fred
and Wendy department store.
7. The boys had forgotten their books in Mr.
8. The Seniors Cricket Club has won all its
matches, so far.
C. Form a noun from each given word to com-
plete the following sentences.
REVISE Weekly revision of our work is
9. INNOCENT His ________________ was
obvious from the very first day.
10. DICTATE Unfortunately, a few world
leaders have become terrible
_____________s after a while.
11. CRITIC There was much ______________
about the newspaper article.
Dennis was scolded for his
D. Change the following sentences to Indirect
(S1) "Will you please sell me some vegetables
as soon as you have finished attending
to the customer?" Mummy asked the
(S2) Mummy asked the vendor to kindly sell
her some vegetables as soon as he had
finished attending to the customer.
13. "Can you prepare a letter for me as soon as
you have finished what you are doing?" the
manager asked his secretary.
14. The coach advised the team, "The final match
for this season will be played on Wednesday,
15. "Please note that there will be no electricity
on Thursday of this week because of the need
to make important repairs on the lines," the
news reporter informed the members of the
E. Use one (I) of the following phrases to make
each of the following sentences longer.
he passed on some very important informa-
tion to me; when I heard the results. If you
have the time ; How the girl behaved; as
soon as you decide on the date
We will tell you about what we have planned
as soon as you decide on the date.
16. I was tremendously disappointed
_______________________ can you assist me
with something, please?
18. Before he left ________________________.
what a wonderful person she was.
F. Each of the following sentences contains an
error. Read each sentence well, underline
the error then write only the correction in-
side the brackets provided.
The man what sold Jeremy the bicycle is our
neighbour's brother. (who)
20. He received less plums than his brother.
21. I was to go to the match yesterday but was
unable to do so. (___________)
22. Both the monkey and squirrel live in the same
a. Which player had the most hits?
b. If the coach wants them to bat in order
according to how many hits each player
has had(most going first), in what order
will they bat?
45. In the figure below, angle 'e' is twice angle 'd'.
State the measures of angles 'd' and 'e'.
46. Multiply 3.2 by 0.6 and divide the result by 8.
Links Archive September 24th 2013 September 26th 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page