Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : October 4th 2013 Contents Friday, October 4, 2013 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
43. Area of triangle =
1/2 x base (b) x height (h) =
Area of rectangle =
length (l) x width (w) =
Answer: 35 square metres
44. average = total/amount =
total/2 = 25 cm
total = 50 cm
average for 3 years = 60/3 = 20 cm
Answer: 20 cm
45. average = total/amount = total/9 =
total = 1 287
total for 10 matches =
average for 10 matches =
1 460/10 = 146
46. a. EIH and EIF
b. HEI, FEI, FGI, HGI
c. HEF and EFG
1. Our dog is very curious. (Adj.)
2. We have tasted many types of
dessert but hers is the best.
3. We knew that his batting would
have been excellent. (Pro.)
4. Your pictures are pretty but
theirs are just awesome. (Pro.)
5. The waitress neatly spread the
table cloth on the dinner table.
6. Many villagers willingly assisted
their neighbour during the fire.
7. Rover angrily lunged at the
stranger who was attempting to
enter our yard.
8. The tennis champion skilfully
won the game with her expert
moves on the court.
9. Daddy and the workmen (They)
will discuss the house repairs
(them) later, today.
10. Can Chloe (She) spend the day
with Gillian, (her) tomorrow?
11. The bag of plums (it) is on the
table next to Faye and Denise
12. Mr. Jacobs (He) has been very
helpful to our friend, Sheldon
13. The teacher reminded the pupils,
" You should bring your note
books for your visit to soft drink
factory, next week."
14. The coach advised the players,
"This is the plan which I think you
should follow when you meet the
other team for the finals, tomor-
15. "What do you think will be a good
gift for your favourite cousin for
her birthday, next month?" Mum-
my asked the girls.
16. I knew that we should have went
there much earlier. (gone) -- The
Past Participle is needed here.
17. That job should be easy for he is
accustomed with doing similar
18. Tomorrow is the deadline for pay-
ing our w.a.s.a bill. (W.A.S.A.)
19. One should not always expect to
have his own way. (one's)
20. Jason who never misses a prac-
tice session before an important
match, is an excellent Cricketer.
21. Although Arthur was not chosen
to play, he attended the game to
support his friends. (Conjunction)
22. This is my favourite aunt from
whose kitchen we have enjoyed
many delicious meals. from her
kitchen. (Rel. Pronoun)
23. expanse - stretch; spread; area
- mend; repair; restore
25. INTELLIGENT - intelligence
26. SIGN - signature
27. DEPART - departure
29. PERFORM - performance
31. The judge named
Roger's aunt as his
32.Eric, as well as, his
brother Kyle plays
football for his school.
33.Vince, the oldest boy
in the class, is the
teacher's choice for
34. "You can have another
piece of cake," said
35.The application form
has fields for our
36. The poet does not see the sun
begin to rise because at that time
she is sleeping.
37. Sleep can be used instead of
slumber in line 3.
38. A child is most likely saying the
39. The poet most likely means that
the sun dries up the leaves turn-
ing them gold or red.
40. The line, "And stoops to drink the
seas," most likely means that the
sun dries up water in the seas.
41. Temperature means the degree
of heat or coldness of a place or
42. Thermometers are also called
43. "Thermometers" is a suitable title
for the passage.
44. Doctors and nurses may most
likely use clinical thermometers
when carrying out their duties.
45. A Science student in the US
would most likely used the
Fahrenheit scale of 212 F to
measure the boiling point of wa-
46. The park is situated between First
and North Streets.
47. Lisa most likely lives closest to
48. Frank Street is most likely the
49. The grocery is situated at the cor-
ner of Frank and First Streets.
50. The hospital is situated in a
South-East direction from the
• Having a
good study routine
and adequate prepa-
ration are essential
factors in becoming
confident for exams.
Nothing can replace being
• Ensure a balanced
lifestyle with leisure
activities built into your
• Make sure you get
adequate sleep and eat well.
• Think positively and
avoid negative thoughts.
• Introduce relaxation
exercises into your daily
How to become confident
Links Archive October 3rd 2013 October 5th 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page