Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : October 7th 2013 Contents B9
Monday, October 7, 2013 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
Guess How Much I Love You (Sam McBratney)
The Little Prince (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)
Winnie-the-Pooh (AA Milne)
The Velveteen Rabbit (Margery Williams)
The Secret Garden (Frances Hodgson Burnett)
Oh The Places You'll Go (Dr Seuss)
From Page B8
Children s books can be harder to write than longer
form fiction, the theory goes, because an author has
to articulate a concept in a way that can be rein-
terpreted as we develop.
Even as adults, we can find new meaning in chil-
dren s literature.
When Andrea Dell married her husband Robert
at a hotel in Wigan, she opted for a reading from
The Owl and the Pussycat by Edward Lear, a poem
she remembered from childhood. For Dell, it took
on new meaning with its references to getting mar-
"It was just an opportunity to make everybody
smile and something that was familiar to them and
also was quite evocative with the imagery in it, and
also I m a huge cat fan," says Dell.
She says it is something they can share with their
children in years to come and might even be a reading
her daughter chooses for her wedding.
"People are moving away from the traditional;
they like to mix things up a bit. We had some music
from Star Wars in our proceedings," says Dell, whose
husband is a big Star Wars fan.
"I think there is so much variety in children s lit-
erature. I think people are looking a bit further afield
to try and make it a bit more interesting and a bit
more unique to them." (BBC)
The popular book Winnie The Pooh is being used at
weddings. Children's books are a popular choice for
wedding readings as they are adept at expressing
profound thoughts and philosophy about life in a
very concise manner.
People now looking
for the creative
NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL HEALTHAUTHORITY
1. The North-Central Regional Health Authority has authorized tendering for the following:
Name of Tender
Date for Site Visit
i. Supply, Installation, Testing, Commissioning
and Maintenance of One
Monday 28th October,
(1) New Elevator for the Mount
2013 at 2:00 pm
Hope Women's Hospital
ii. Design, Supply, Installation, Commissioning
and Maintenance of a Clean Room Air Conditioning
Monday 28th October,
System for the TPN Rooms in the Pharmacy
2013 at 2:00 pm
at Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
and now invites interested firms having representation and service facilities in Trinidad and Tobago to submit their proposals.
2. Site Visit for the:
i. Supply, Installation, Testing, Commissioning and Maintenance of One (1) New Elevator for the Mount Hope Women's Hospital is
scheduled for Monday 14th October, 2013. All other information is included in the Tender Document.
ii. Design, Supply, Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance of a Clean Room Air Conditioning System for the TPN Rooms in the
Pharmacy at Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex is scheduled for Tuesday 15th October, 2013. All other information is
included in the Tender Document.
3. Tender Documents may be perused at Third Floor, Room 306, Building #39, Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex, and are available
between the hours of 8:00am -12:00pm and 1:00pm - 3:00pm, but may be taken away upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Three Hundred
Dollars (TT$300.00) by cash or certified cheque to the North-Central Regional Health Authority, payable at the cashier Building #2, Ground
Floor, Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex for each of the Tenders indicated above. The receipt must be attached to the Tender upon submission.
4. All requests for information and /or clarification shall be addressed to:
The Chairman of the Tenders Committee
c/o Tenders Department
North Central Regional Health Authority
Third Floor, Room 306
Building 39, Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Uriah Butler Highway, Champs Fleurs
Tel: (868) 645-2640 ext: 5077
Fax: (868) 645-2640 ext. 5077
5. Tenderers are required to fully complete and return the Tender Form together with the Tender.
6. Tenders must remain valid for a period of at least one hundred and eighty (180) days (6 months) from the closing date of the Tender and must be accom-
panied by the following:
• Valid Income Tax Certificate;
• Valid VAT Clearance Certificate;
• Valid NIS Certificate;
• Certificate of Incorporation/ Certificate of Continuance;
• 2% Bid Security in the form of a bank guarantee or a certified cheque;
• Tender Form;
• The Price Schedule which must include the Delivery Schedule;
• Documentary evidence that the Tenderer is eligible and is qualified to perform the Contract in accordance with the general conditions if its Tender is
• Two (2) Recent References of Completed Similar Services;
• Qualification Questionnaire with all attachments;
• Tenderers must also provide a copy of NCRHA's Receipt for the procurement of Tender Document;
7. All alterations or erasures in the Tender must be initialled by the person submitting the Tender or in the case of a business entity, a duly authorised
8. A Bid Security of two percent (2%) of the value tendered shall be included with the Bid. Such Security shall be in the form of a bank guarantee or a
9. The ORIGINAL AND SIX (6) COPIES OF THE ENTIRE ORIGINAL TENDER SUBMISSION DOCUMENTS must be placed in sealed
envelopes addressed to:
THE CHAIRMAN OF THE TENDERS COMMITTEE
NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL HEALTH AUTHORITY
THIRD FLOOR, BUILDING 39, ERIC WILLIAMS MEDICAL SCIENCES COMPLEX
URIAH BUTLER HIGHWAY, CHAMPS FLEURS
And clearly marked:
Tender -- indicate the Tender you are submitting as stated above
10. The envelope(s) must be deposited personally in the Tender Box at the Tenders Department, at the above address no later than 2:00 pm on Monday 28th
i. Supply, Installation, Testing, Commissioning and Maintenance of One (1) New Elevator for the Mount Hope Women's Hospital
ii. Design, Supply, Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance of a Clean Room Air Conditioning System for the TPN Rooms in
the Pharmacy at EricWilliams Medical Sciences Complex
11. Tenderers will be required to sign a form indicating the date and time of deposit of the Tender before the deposit of the envelope in the Tender Box. Each
of the tenders will be opened publicly at 2:15 pm on the date of the closing as stated above in a meeting room on the NCRHA's premises. The Tenderer or
his representative may choose to be present at the opening.
12. The Authority does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any other Tender.
13. The successful Tenderer would be required to furnish a Performance Bond of not less than ten percent (10%) of the contract price within fourteen (14)
days of receiving the letter of award.
14. Late Tenders will not be considered.
15. Failure to comply with any of these instructions may result in the Tender not being considered.
16. The Authority reserves the right to cancel the present Tender in its entirety or partially, without defraying any cost incurred by any firm in submitting its
Links Archive October 6th 2013 October 8th 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page