Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : October 11th 2013 Contents Friday, October 11, 2013 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
43. Cost of 2 sandwiches =
Cost of 2 oranges =
Total cost =
$17 + $4.20 + $2 = $23.20
44. Amount of money spent by
student 1 =
3 x $5.60 = $16.80
Amount of money spent by
student 2 =
4 x $7.20 = $28.80
Amount of money spent by
student 3 =
Total cost =
$16.80 + $28.80 + $16 = $61.60
45. Volume of chest A =
Volume of chest B =
2.574 cubic m < chest A
Answer: Chest A
46. No. of votes for yellow =
Angle for green =
5/30 x 360/1 = 60 degrees
angle for purple =
3/30 x 360/1 = 36 degrees
1. RIPE These mangoes will
certainly ripen within
the next two days.
2. FREEZE The liquid froze after a
3. SLIDE After picking the
coconuts, the boys slid
down the tree as quickly
as they could.
4. ARISE Danny arose at six a.m.
sharp to catch the early
5. Several of the flowers had wilted.
6. Someone has already answered
7. Many had applied but only a few
8. Did you meet anybody yester-
9. The kilo of rice, along with the po-
tatoes (was; were) in the large
plastic bag .
10. The older of the two boys (is;
are) our cricket captain.
11. Neither the money nor the bur-
glars (is; are) been found.
12. (is; are) seventy dollars the cost
of this jersey?
13. You should try to (obedience)
obey the school rules.
14. The nurse (clean) cleansed the
wound well before applying the
15. It is always wise to (fertile) fer-
tilize the soil before planting any-
16. The scouts sat around the camp-
fire during the story telling period.
17. During the parade, the helicopters
appeared next, after the police
18. Chloe lives near our school.
19. The people stood around during
the meeting (Adv.)
20. To who much is given, much is ex-
pected. (whom) - The Objective
form is needed here.
21. Can you please come as quick as
you can. (quickly) - The Adverb
form is required.
22. Jeffrey decided to suddenly play
in the football match. (suddenly
decided) -- The Adverb is wrongly
23. Marc's teacher said that he neg-
lects what she says in class.
24. I do not like to waste time gossip-
25. Our grandfather enjoys telling us
stories about his childhood days.
26. The Scout was rewarded for his
27. "I'll not tolerate your bad behav-
iour!" Ms. Smith exclaimed.
28. Everyone in the class received an
invitation to Sita's birthday party.
31. "I'm going to Sita's
birthday party, " said
32. "I don't know because
she didn't tell me
anything," said Vera.
33. "That's my bag!" Andrea
exclaimed, "Ako left his
on the teacher's desk.
34. "I'll leave at six
o'clock," said Dana.
35.The hawk's nest is on
the highest branch of
36. The bellying cloths on poles were
most likely the ships' sails filled
with the wind.
37. The magic that moved the ships
was most likely the wind.
38. The fluttering coloured signs
were most likely the national flag
as well as the ships' flags.
39. The Indian knelt behind the stone
because he was afraid and want-
ed to hide from Columbus' men.
40. The Indian called Columbus's car-
avels large canoes because he
only knew vessels that moved on
the sea were called canoes.
41. Myths and legends were passed
on from one generation to anoth-
er by word of mouth or written in
42. Man created myths and legends
as answers to things they could
not understand or explain.
43. (a). accompanied - been with
(b). invented - created; made up
(c). sought - looked; tried
44. Myths and legends can be used
as a form of entertainment as
stories for reading or dramatisa-
tion in the lives of children today.
(Students may offer other rea-
45. "Myths and Legends" is a suitable
title for the passage. (Students
may offer other plausible an-
46. (a). Sharon should tune in to
Channel 6 to get the
information she is seeking.
(b). She would most likely get
the information on the
"What's Happening in my
47. The programme "Science is Fun"
would most likely offer informa-
tion on how to conduct experi-
ments at home.
48. "Sesame Street" is aired on both
49. Channel 8 most likely caters to a
50. You would most likely get infor-
mation on the Health Project un-
dertaken by the Ministry of
Health on the Government Pro-
COLOUR NUMBER OF VOTES FRACTION
Links Archive October 10th 2013 October 12th 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page