Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : October 18th 2013 Contents Friday, October 18, 2013 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
d. Total no. of boys =
Total no. of girls =
Answer: 9 boys
Answer: $26 000.00
Answer: $48 000.00
43. 270 degrees
44. a. Std.5
200/100 = 2 hrs
Answer: 2 hours
45. E = 180 degrees -- 143 degrees =
F = 180 degrees -- (70 degrees +
37 degrees) = 73 degrees
G = 180 degrees -- 73 degrees =
Answer: E - 37 degrees,
F - 73 degrees,
G - 107 degrees
46. y = 90 degrees -- 40 degrees =
Answer: x - 55 degrees,
y - 50 degrees
1. Yesterday, during our visit to the
park, Mike and Charlie played (a
game of catch).
2. Leandra , together with her sis-
ters will visit (their grandpar-
ents) next weekend.
"Did you see (the exciting cricket
finals) on Sunday?"
4. For two tiring hours, he boxers
fought (each other) for the
5. "After the break, we will play
some games", the teacher told
the little children.
6. You must be very careful whenev-
er you are walking under that
7. At the top of the branch hung
the ripest and largest pommerac.
8. The hikers had to travel across a
few hilly areas.
9. Traveling on an (unpaved; long)
road in the large plastic bag .
10. Amazing facts about our country
are usually (truthful; interest-
11. An echo is truly a most (mysteri-
ous; dangerous) sound.
12. The farmer tried not to damage
the (green; delicate) buds on the
13. Mr. Davis placed the tools which
he had just borrowed, on the
14. The foreman decided, for very
good reasons, to try to do as
much work as possible to have
their lunch early.
15. When eating, it is always healthy
to have a balanced diet, if you
wish to benefit most from foods.
16. Last week, Sarita was suffering
from a terrible cold. (Noun)
17. This pot is made of metal.
18. The children enjoyed a cold drink
after playing in the hot sun. (Adj.)
19. The metal posts were pounded
into the ground. (Adj.)
20. Weather you come or not, we
have to finish this by four p.m.
sharp. (Whether) - incorrect
21. Unfortunately, during the acci-
dent, the car skidded and went of
the road. (off) - incorrect usage
of the word.
22. All but Wendy is already seated
in the room. (are) - to agree with
the plural "all"
23. Some people believe that the
earth is an inheritance from their
24. Most people often confuse the
mass of an object with its weight.
25. Apples, pears and grapes are usu-
ally plentiful during the Christ-
26. The students were asked to
gather in the auditorium for the
27. The Girl Guides asked for the
Scouts' help to build their camp-
28. The speaker forgot to acknowl-
edge the minister's presents at
the dinner. presence
29. Lightening caused the fire that
destroyed our school's cafeteria.
29. The foundation of the church was
built with concrete and mettle.
31. "Janine is the fastest
swimmer I've ever
met!" Marc exclaimed.
32.Mr. King, the old man
who lives next-door,
was a pilot in World
33. "Be careful that branch
is very weak!"Martha
34. "Have you finished
eating your dinner?"
35.Ravi represents his
school in the areas
of cricket, football,
chess and debating.
36. "Exhausted" is a word similar in
meaning to depleted. (NB. Mini-
mal; low; in short supply; at a
low level; short can also be
37. The increase in the temperature
of the earth's atmosphere is
caused by the burning of petrole-
um products as fuel by factories,
cars and power stations.
38. The sentence, "In fact, there will
be more storms, hurricanes and
droughts," tells us that there
would be an increase in natural
disasters if the earth warms up
39. When the writer said that the
Tropics could become like the Sa-
hara desert, she most likely
meant that the present landscape
could look more like the Sahara
desert which does not have much
trees or water.
40. "A Changing Earth," is a suitable
title for the passage. (NB. Stu-
dents may offer other appropri-
41. The line that suggests that Jemi-
ma was not always a naughty girl
is, "When she was good, she
was very, very good," (Line 3).
42. "Her mother heard the noise and
thought it was the boys," (Line
9) suggests that Jemima had
43. Jemima's parents were preparing
a meal when she went upstairs.
44. Jemima's mother first blamed the
boys (brothers) for the noise
Jemima was making.
45. The line, "She rebuked her
daughter most emphatic," most
likely means that Jemima was se-
46. There are three (3) educational
programmes shown on TV TO-
47. Mr. Juan can view three movies
shown because they have Span-
48. You would most likely hear an ad-
dress to the nation made by the
Prime Minister on the "Govern-
49. You would most likely get some
tips on how to repair a broken tap
in your bathroom on, "The Home
50. You would most likely get infor-
mation on events taken place in
the country on the programmes,
"News at Seven" and "News
Links Archive October 17th 2013 October 19th 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page