Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : November 1st 2013 Contents Friday, November 1, 2013 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
Answer: 1 200 floor tiles
40. Time taken to read 30 pages =
Time taken to read 1 page =
45 divided by 30 =
Answer: 1 1/2 minutes
41. a. mean=(72+85+87+90+92
42. base of top corner triangle = (10 - 6)
divided by 2 triangles = 2 m
Area of top corner triangle =
Area of 2 top corner triangles =
Area of top rectangle =
Area of middle rectangle =
Area of bottom triangle =
Answer: 96 square m
43. Area of triangle =
Area of square =
length of side (s) x length of side (s) =
49 square m > 24 square m
Answer: the square
Answer: 600 m
Answer: 20 square m
b. Cost to clean a square m = $45
Cost to clean 20 square m =
1. (Isn't; Aren't) there some dust in
2. A few of the people (has; have)
3. Neither the birds nor the flock of
geese (was; were) feeding in the
4. Fruit along with some pastries
(was; were) served as the
5. On Saturday morning, the ven-
dors had bought many fruits and
vegetables from the market.
6. During the cricket competition,
the popular spin bowler broke the
7. Next week, the children from
Brazil Government School will
make a visit to the Argyle Water-
8. bear Last year, our mango tree
had borne more fruits.
9. break Breaking the piece of
fudge, Mummy shared it
between Peter and Andy.
10. tear Unfortunately, Kevin had
torn his jersey while
climbing down the
8. wring Jean wrung the clothes
then put them outside to
12. He completed the race with much
13. Our next trip to the river will last
14. We just cannot wait much longer.
15. What are you doing, next?(Adv.)
16. Ordinary Bovell's super per-
formance in the recent swimming
competition can be described as
17. Taste Harriet definitely has a
distaste for spicy foods. (Noun)
18. Hand "Please handle that mir-
ror with great care", warned the
19. Fashion Most models are ex-
pected to wear fashionable
20. This computer costs around
three thousand dollars. (about) -
21. The money was divided up
among the four cousins. (divided)
-- "up" is omitted
22. We will be able to leave early, pro-
viding that you arrive on time.
(provided) -- incorrect word
25. We had to seek approval from
the principal in before we held our
cake sale at school.
26. Our class teacher did not accept
Joe's explanation for being late.
27. Teachers are usually influential
citizens in communities where
28. We were unable to pacify the an-
29. Our principal placed a censor on
the use of cell phones during
30. The tour guide took us to some
very beautiful parks on our visit
31. I went to Jack's house
32. Burt's having fun riding
his brother's bicycle.
33. It's not too late to
send in your application
for the essay competi
34. Mr.Lee's shoes were
washed away during
35. Our dog's front paws
were stuck in the car's
36. The word 'decade' is usually used
to describe a period of ten years.
37. The phrase, "come to juice," most
likely means to ripen or mature.
38. The phrase, "the ground dove
brown the fields," most likely
means that there were so many
brown doves that the field ap-
peared to be totally covered.
39. The phrase, "curious fluting," was
most likely used to describe the
strange sound that the brown
40. The colour of the poinsettia and
the time that it bloomed were the
only things that the poet remem-
41. Hindu devotees celebrate the fes-
tival of Divali.
42. Divali commemorates the return
of Lord Rama and his wife Sita as
well as Mother Lakshmi, the God-
dess of Light.
43. Health, happiness and wealth are
the benefits Hindu devotees ex-
pect to receive for honouring the
Goddess Mother Lakshmi.
44. Hindu devotees "fast" or abstain
from eating meat and drinking al-
coholic beverages as well as stay-
ing away from "worldly activities"
in preparation for the festival of
45. "The Festival of Lights," is anoth-
er suitable title for the passage.
46. Canada is presently leading the
47. Two points are most likely award-
ed to each team when a match is
48. Trinidad and Tobago and Grenada
have not yet lost a match in the
49. Any team in the tournament can
earn a maximum of twenty five
points if it wins all the matches
50. If Trinidad and Tobago wins its
two remaining matches it will
most likely occupy the first place
at the end of the tournament.
Links Archive October 31st 2013 November 2nd 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page