Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : November 3rd 2013 Contents A71
November 3, 2013 www.guardian.co.tt Sunday Guardian
The Manager Maintenance Melt Shop reports to the General Manager Melt Shop and is responsible
for planning, implementation, and overall management of the maintenance process across all units
of the Melt Shop Facility. The execution of activities within this portfolio must be in keeping with the
production targets of the company and on-time delivery to Customers.
1. Establishes an efficient system to manage the procurement of spare parts for the Melt Shop
facility, ensuring that all components of the procurement value chain are engaged and the
relevant specifications and timelines for delivery are met.
2. Plan, execute and monitor annual plant turn-around activities and develop a management
strategy for directing all routine corrective and preventative maintenance activities.
3. Prepare, monitor and control budget allocations.
4. Develop and implement plant improvement initiatives that boost efficiency across the
medium and long term.
5. Oversee the process for management of all personnel related matters across the Unit --
performance management, training and development and issues resolution, as directed
by the Company's Human Resources procedures and policies.
6. Analyse all Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation jobs and prioritise their execution
within agreed time-frames and cost/efficiency structures.
7. Maximise the use of the Company's computerized maintenance management systems to
coordinate maintenance activities.
8. Engage with the Production and Process departments in order to ensure maximum
efficiency in the execution of all scheduled work activities across the facility.
9. Liaise with the Company's Central Repairs Workshop as well as External Workshops to
ensure all spare equipment are repaired and returned according to the required quality
and technical specifications.
10. Follow, implement, carryout, observe all Company rules pertaining to occupational safety,
health and environment.
11. Ensure that all jobs are executed within an established framework that meets the
Company's quality standards.
Qualifications & Experience
1. Minimum B.Sc. Engineering.
2. Post-graduate certification in Mechanical Engineering.
3. Minimum 5 years Industrial experience and understanding of the Global Steel Business.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Excellent command of computer technology and all related Microsoft applications.
2. Expert command of SAP Management Systems.
3. Demonstrated competence in Work Flow and Project Management.
4. Keen understanding of Mechanical Maintenance within the Steel Industry.
Applications with full resumes and contact details should be labelled as follows and submitted to:
'Manager Maintenance - Melt Shop'
The Manager - Human Resources
ArcelorMittal Point Lisas Limited
P.O. Bag 476
Applicants are also required to submit their applications to:
The Chief Manpower Officer
Ministry of Labour, Small and Micro Enterprise Development
Level 11 Riverside Plaza
Port of Spain
Receipt of applications will cease on November 5 , 2013. Unsuitable applications will not be
BELFAST---Barbados will play North-
ern Ireland today in the final of the
First International Netball Festival,
after their third consecutive victory
The Barbadians defeated the host
62-31 to remain unbeaten in the four-
team tournament which opened on
They are joined by two other world
ranked teams in St Lucia and Botswana.
In the other match yesterday, St Lucia
was edged by Botswana 34-33.
Both Barbados and Northern Ireland
opened the tournament with victories
The Bajans defeated their Caribbean
neighbours 51-33 and the hosts drubbed
Barbados continued their impressive
display with 52-31 win over Botswana
on Friday while Northern Ireland
stopped St Lucia 61-36.
Barbados take on Northern Ireland
for the gold in today s final while St
Lucia, seeking their first win on the
tour, play Botswana for the bronze.
Barbados to play
Northern Ireland for gold
Links Archive November 2nd 2013 November 4th 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page