Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : November 3rd 2013 Contents November 3, 2013 www.guardian.co.tt Sunday Guardian
20-22 Tragarete Road
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Tel: (868) 625-0222/625-8357
The Naughty Grape is a specialty
wine and spirits store located in
the outskirts of Port of Spain.
Stop by, and find unique items to
complete your bar or as a token
or gift. We also stock a wide
assortment of accessories
inclusive of openers, decanters
coolers, stemware, shakers and
Monday -- Friday 9am-5pm
Find us on Facebook,
The Naughty Grape
Pick up your bottle at:
Stuffed with Spinach
Roasted portobello mush-
rooms stuffed with a cheesy
spinach and topped with a
crunchy breadcrumb topping.
• 2 tablespoons oil
• 6-8 medium sized porta-
bella mushrooms, stems
and gills removed
• 1 (10 ounce) package
frozen spinach, thawed,
drained and coarsely chopped
• 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup mozzarella
• 1 clove garlic, chopped
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 1/2 cup bread crumbs (seasoned to taste)
• 1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
1. Brush the mushrooms with oil and roast in a preheated 450F
oven on a baking sheet with the inside facing up until tender,
about 10-15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile mix the spinach, cream cheese, mayo, mozzarella,
garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Mix the oil, breadcrumbs and parmesan.
4. Divide the filling between the mushrooms and sprinkle on the
5. Roast until the filling is hot and the breadcrumbs are golden
brown, about 10 minutes.
oregano Lamb ke-
These tasty lamb skew-
ers taste great served
with pita bread and a
squeeze of lemon.
• 80ml (1/3 cup) fresh
• 2 tbs extra virgin olive
• 1 tbs dried oregano
• 2 garlic cloves,
• 1kg lamb leg steaks,
cut into 2.5cm pieces
• 6 ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
• 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
• 1 1/4 cups fresh continental parsley leaves
• 100g Greek feta, crumbled
• Lemon wedges, to serve
Step 1. Combine the lemon juice, oil, oregano and garlic in a shal-
low glass or ceramic dish. Thread lamb onto skewers.
Add to marinade and turn to coat. Cover and place in
fridge for 4 hours to marinate.
Step 2. Preheat a chargrill on medium-high. Add half the lamb
and cook for 4-5 minutes each side for medium or until
cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with
foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining lamb.
*You can serve these kebabs with a flatbread of your choice or a salad made with
tomato, onion, parsley and feta or parmesan in a bowl. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Red Wine-Tomato Pasta
This red wine-tomato pasta is a simple
meal that's easy enough for busy week-
nights, yet elegant enough to serve to
• 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/2 cup red wine
• 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans petite diced toma-
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 tea-
spoon dried basil
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1/2 tea-
spoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 12 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
• 1 (4-ounce) block mozzarella cheese,
• 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• Toppings: chopped fresh basil, freshly
grated Parmesan cheese
1. Sauté garlic in hot oil in a large skillet
over medium heat 1 minute or until
lightly browned. Carefully stir in wine
and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium low, and sim-
mer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or
2. Cook pasta according to package direc-
tions; drain. Stir together hot pasta,
mozzarella cheese, and 1/3 cup Parme-
san cheese in a large serving bowl, toss-
ing to coat until cheeses start to melt.
Pour tomato sauce over pasta mixture,
and toss to combine. Serve immediately
with desired toppings.
3. Red Wine-Tomato-and-Steak Pasta: Pre-
pare sauce as directed. Stir 2 cups thinly
sliced cooked steak into tomato mixture
before simmering. Simmer 20 minutes
or until thickened. Substitute 12 ounces
penne pasta for thin spaghetti.
4. White Wine-Tomato-and-Clam Pasta:
Prepare sauce as directed, substituting
dry white wine for red wine. Stir in 2
drained (6.5-ounce) cans chopped clams
to tomato mixture just before tossing
with pasta mixture.
Links Archive November 2nd 2013 November 4th 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page