Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : November 8th 2013 Contents 39. No. of servings in 2/3 cup = 1
No. of servings in 1 cup = 1 divided
No. of servings in 6 cups = 3/2 x 6/1
Answer: 9 cups
41. Area of square =
length of side (s) x length of side (s)
Answer: 4 cm
Answer: 19 persons
43. a. Farm Land Use
b. 40/100 x 360/1 degrees =
4 x 36 degrees = 144 degrees
Answer: 144 degrees
44. Amount of sugar for 28 ml of water
= 2 grams
Amount of sugar for 1 ml of water =
2 grams divided by 28 = 2/28
Amount of sugar for 560 ml of wa-
Answer: 40 grams
45. Seth Caleb
Seth Caleb Stephen
Deborah Seth Caleb Stephen
Answer: Deborah-15, Seth-14,
46. a. 450 hotdogs x $5.60 = $2 520
+ 100)/5 = 340
Answer: 340 food items
Friday, November 8, 2013 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
1. Tomorrow, we will take her to the
2. It was swept into the dust pan.
3. They have arrived for the func-
4. Can you visit us during this week-
5. No one was there when we en-
tered the room. (Indefinite Pro-
6. To show greediness can be most
embarrassing in public. (Noun --
7. My sister wants a greediness
doll for Christmas. (Adjective-
8. Your cap is green but mine is
brown and cream in colour. (Pos-
9. difficult This math problem is
probably more difficult
than the one that we
did last week.
10. slow Compared to the
situation that occurred
all week, the traffic,
today, is the slowest
that I have seen.
8. good Considering his other
team felt he was quite
capable of scoring a
12. juicy Don't you think that an
orange is one of the
13. Greg was (commanded; com-
mended) for his fine, all round
14. An exhibition cricket match will
(precede; proceed) the main
15. The popular television show was
being (transported; transmitted)
on many stations.
16. Although it was strange, at first,
the Francis family soon (adopted;
adapted) to their new home.
17. drama Sheldon was a fine
dramatist at the most
recent school's concert.
18. extend Following last year's
flood, Mr. Arnold had to
renovations in his
19. sick The smell of disinfectant
just sickens Amelia.
20. Bread and peanut butter make a
healthy snack. (makes-refers to
one (1) snack)
21. Beside football, what other game
can you play? (Besides -- to
mean"Apart from) -- incorrect
22. Only a few people know that my
uncle own the shop at the junc-
tion. (owns -- to agree with the
sing. form "uncle")
23. The Scout reacted quickly when
he saw the old man fell in the
middle of the busy street.
swiftly; speedily; promptly; fast
24. Over the years, I have amassed
quite a lot of junk in my bedroom.
gathered; collected; accrued
25. The thief crept silently up the
26. Our club's treasurer prepares and
presents a budget annually.
27. The porter easily lifted the two
28. The speaker thanked the host for
his remarkable introduction.
29. Father tied the tomato vines to
wooden (steaks, stakes) driven
into the ground.
30. Some parakeets were perched on
the highest (bow, bough) of the
31. "I'm hungry but Tina
is thirsty, " said Joel.
32.We tried very hard but
we couldn't persuade
Karen to accompany
us to the movies.
midway between Port
of Spain and San
Fernando, is the
fastest growing town
in Trinidad and Tobago.
34. "Last Sunday my
grandfather took me
to the botanical
gardens, "Sita said.
35. "I've done everything
I can to save the
36. (a) brawny - muscular, strong
(b) lust - (strong) desire, thirst
(c) slay - kill, murder
37. People who do the kind of work
as Tubal Cain are called black-
38. Tubal Cain's pains was caused by
the knowledge that the weapons
he made were used to kill people.
39. The objects that Tubal Cain made
were used as weapons by sol-
diers to fight wars.
40. The poem reflects a sad mood.
41. The current population of all the
people in the world now stands at
six (6) billion.
42. A decrease in investments in agri-
culture is the main reason given
in the passage for a decrease in
the production of food in poorer
43. (a). reverse - turn around; undo;
(b). sustainable - ongoing;
(c). renewal - rebirth; rekindling;
44. Thirty billion US dollars (US $ 30
billion) will be needed each year
to improve the production of
45. Partnerships between countries
would make up the base for sus-
tainable agriculture projects.
46. "Star Travels" is the name of the
travel agency offering the special
cruise aboard The Island Princess.
47. Interested people can make book-
ings via telephone or e-mail to go
on the cruise.
48. The boat returns from the cruise
at 6:00 pm.
49. The date on which the cruise
would take place is missing.
50 The phrase "all inclusive" most
likely means covering the cost of
travel, food and entertainment.
Links Archive November 7th 2013 November 9th 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page