Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : November 15th 2013 Contents Friday, November 15, 2013 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
42. Perimeter of room =
fraction = 6m/8m = 3/4
(divided numerator and denomina-
tor by 2)
Answer: 3/4 strip
43. a. 20/100 x 200/1 =
Answer: 40 people
b. 33/100 x 360/1 =
118 80/100 = 118 4/5 degrees
Answer: 118 4/5 degrees
44. tax = 20/100 x $54000/1 =
Answer: $10 800.00
45. a. SI = $60000/1 x 8/100 x
Answer: $2 400.00
b. total amount repaid =
Answer: $62 400.00
Answer: 228 metres
1. She is (someone; anyone) special
to our family.
2. It's difficult to believe that (no
one; many) was swept into the
3. (Several; any) of the guests had
4. (Much; many) of the milk is not
5. Mrs. Martin asked the market
vendor if he would kindly put the
vegetables into a bag for her.
6. The manager instructed his work-
ers that he expected them to do
their utmost best whenever they
attended to any customer.
7. David enquired from his friend
Garvin about what he thought
about the new comedy that start-
ed the previous week.
8. Many persons have commented
(about; on) the situation with our
9. We were quite puzzled (by; with)
his unusual decision.
10. My sister would usually crave d
(over; for) some dessert imedi-
ately after lunch.
11. Danny sympathized (with; to)
Harry for not being chosen to play
on our football team.
12. They've only one month to com-
plete the job.
13. "Won't you be able to attend my
birthday party over the week-
14. I would've known by now if they
15. We're not sure where they went.
16. fling On losing the match, the
player flung the ball into a
corner of the field. (Past
17. copy Everyone copied mong the
basket of clothes. (Past
18. hide The camera was hidden
among the basket of
clothes. (Past Participle)
19. take It had taken three hours
before they realized that
something was wrong.
20. We counted over one hundred
deyas in the yard, yesterday.
(more than) - incorrect usage of
21. Unless you do not read the pas-
sage carefully, you will not be able
to answer all the questions.
(read) - use of the double nega-
22. Denise' dress looks much better
than her sister. (sister's) - need
for the possessive form.
23. The streets were flooded because
it rained continuously over the
24. Whether the sun shines or the
rain falls, the postman always
brings the mails.
25. It is a popular belief among Chris-
tians that Jesus Christ went up
26. The health and safety of workers
should be the primary concern of
27. The laboratory attendant advised
us to monitor the growth of our
28. Jimmy was very happy for the
role we played in his nomination
as class prefect.
29. The tailor had to altar the hem in
30. The parakeets built their nests on
the topmost branch in the
sapodilla three in my backyard.
31. "I'll see you on Monday
when I return from
Tobago, " Susan said.
32.Six parrots, four doves,
two parakeets and
three swallows are
roosting on a tree
in my backyard.
33. "Pass the ball!" the
captain of the football
34.Marc's pigeons have
not returned home.
35. Jim, the most intelligent
boy in my class, has
been selected to
participate in the
Spelling B contest.
36. (a) mean - wicked; nasty; unkind;
(b) favourite - preferred; much-
(c) mute - dumb; silent; voiceless;
37. The poet sits in front of the boy.
38. The boy blames the poet for
cheating on the spelling tests.
39. The sentence, "He always pulls
my ponytail," suggests that the
poet has long hair.
40. The line, "I think he's "kinda" cute,"
suggests that the poet likes the
41. A military parade and wreath lay-
ing ceremony usually take place
on Remembrance Sunday at Me-
42. World War II took place between
1939 and 1945.
43. The signing of the Armistice, on
November 11, 1918, marked the
end of World War I.
44. The word "fallen" as used in the
passage most likely meant
45. "Memorial Day Celebrations in
Trinidad & Tobago," is a suitable
title for the passage.
46. "The Cat in the Hat" is the title of
47. Eliza McFadden most likely made
the drawings (illustrations) in the
48. The Houghton Muffin Company is
most likely located in Boston,
49. The book was first published in
50. The phrase "printed on recycled
paper," suggests that the printer
is concerned about the environ-
Links Archive November 14th 2013 November 16th 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page