Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : November 20th 2013 Contents A38
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Applications are invited from suitably qualified nationals of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago for employment,
on contract, as Pension and Leave Supervisor in the Office of the Prime Minister, for a period of one (1) year.
The incumbent is responsible for the supervision of the Pension and Leave Unit relating to the extraction of person-
nel data; the preparation and certification of all Pension and Leave Records for former and current officers of the
Office of the Prime Minister. He/she reviews the submission of the Pension and Leave Officer and coordinates the
entire Pension and Leave function. This officer is also responsible for training staff in the preparation of all final retir-
• Supervises the Pension and Leave functions of the Pension and Leave Unit;
• Liaises with the Human Resource Management Unit to expedite the request for Pension and Leave Records;
• Liaises with external Government Agencies to expedite the submission of employees' Pension and Leave Record
• Co-ordinates, collates and distributes work to the Pension and Leave Officer;
• Develops and implements programmes of training for staff to ensure continuity of new systems, procedures
• Liaises with the Accounting Executive II and Auditor II to ensure expeditious processing of Pension and
• Reviews the Pension and Leave submissions of the Pension and Leave Officer;
• Ensures the timely submission of the Pension and Leave Records to the Human Resource Management Unit;
• Evaluates the performance of the Pension and Leave Officer on the basis of agreed and established performance
standards and maintains proper discipline in the workplace;
• Collaborates with the IT Unit in developing a system for computerizing the Pension and Leave Records of the Office
of the Prime Minister.
• Performs other related duties.
• Extensive knowledge of laws, regulations, agreements, policies and procedures of the Public Service as it relates to
Pension and Leave.
• Considerable experience in auditing work as might have been gained in an Audit and or Accounting Unit.
• Considerable experience in the preparation and/or auditing of Pension and Leave Records as might have been
gained by working in a Pension and Leave Unit in a Ministry/Department, Ministry of Finance (Pension Division)
or Auditor General's Department.
• Considerable experience in Public Administration and training as having passed the Certificate in Public
Administration or the prescribed examination for entry into the Administrative Class of the Public Service.
• At least three (3) years experience in a supervisory capacity.
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training.
• Applications submitted by retired persons from the Public Service who had performed similar duties would
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and Ministries/Departments.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Results oriented to ensure optimal level of input.
• Ability to process documents accurately.
• Ability to interpret the relevant circulars pertaining to the preparation of Pension and Leave.
• Good proofreading and checking skills.
• Ability to function effectively in a team environment.
• Good planning and organization skills.
The husband of former Florida Secretary of State
Katherine Harris, who became known nationally
for her role in the contested 2000 presidential elec-
tion, was found dead of an apparent suicide at the
couple s mansion, police said yesterday.
Harris husband, Anders Ebbeson, 68, was found
dead at the home when officers were called, said
Sarasota Police spokeswoman Genevieve Judge.
The Swedish businessman had suffered from health
issues in recent years, said Pastor William Hild of
Sarasota First Baptist Church. Hild declined to elab-
orate on those health problems or how Ebbeson killed
Harris was in office overseeing the 2000 election
in Florida and proved instrumental in delivering the
state s contested electoral votes, and the White House,
to President George W Bush.
Ebbeson was a Swedish businessman who owned
several European business interests, including a one
that equipped yachts with appliances and lighting.
Harris credited Ebbeson with helping her through
tough political moments. (AP)k
dead in mansion
In this file photo, Katherine Harris, left, and her
husband, Anders Ebbeson, arrive at their polling
precinct to vote in the primary elections in Longboat
Key, Florida in 2006. Ebbeson was found dead of an
apparent suicide at the couple's home yesterday. AP
Links Archive November 19th 2013 November 21st 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page