Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : November 22nd 2013 Contents Friday November 22, 2013 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
43. a. Weight used for Dental =
15/100 x 15000/1 =
Answer: 2 250 grams
b. Weight used for jewelry and
the Arts = 52/100 x 1000000/1
= 520 000 grams
Answer: 520 000 grams
44. Area of rectangle =
length (l) x width (w) =
Area of triangle =
Total area =
Answer: 340 square m
45. a. 64 square units
b. 65 square units
c. No. Because the square is 8 by
8 and the rectangle is 13 by 5
46. 12 triangles
1. Yesterday, the girls visited an ani-
mal farm that is situated close to
our home. (Pronoun -- Relative)
2. You should have given me that in-
formation since yesterday.(
3. The divers will visit the sunken
ship far out in the ocean. (Adjec-
4. Some of the colours are, indeed,
most beautiful. (Pronoun)
5. Unless we take proper care of our
teeth we can suffer from very
6. Daddy had to speak to our neigh-
bor about a fallen tree that had
crashed into our fence.
7. This kennel which was built for
our dog, Gypsy will be placed in
our back yard, soon.
8. Neither of the two dogs (has;
have) gone into their kennel.
9. Several of the guests (is; are)
now arriving at the gate.
10. Our football team of both young
and older players (has; have) won
all its matches, so far.
11. It (is; are) they who have to ac-
cept blame for the accident.
12. It is usually very easy to fall on
any slippery surface.
13. With powerful blows from the
sledge hammer, the workmen
soon broke down the sturdy wall.
14. The florist gently formed the deli-
cate flowers into the bouquet.
15. The children were allowed into
the class after presenting a con-
16. climb After climbing the tall
coconut tree, Dennis
proceeded to pick the
17. seek The policemen have
sought to find the
evidence in the shortest
18. awake Each day, Mummy
awakes at six o'clock,
19. grow Our plum tree has grown
at least half metre during
the last six months.
20. You really should of taken more
care when you were crossing that
busy street. (have) - Dialect us-
21. Whose the person here who usu-
ally gives the appointment?
(Who's / Who is) - Incorrect
22. We have viewed this movie plen-
ty times, before. (plenty of) - in-
23. Not for one moment could we
understand Martin's sudden
change in behaviour.
24. Catherine was surprised to see
many of her schoolmates cheer-
ing for her at the concert when
25. No two peas in a pod are alike.
26. Although Martin is usually an
obedient child he will not act ex-
cept he is sure his actions would
not hurt others.
27. The children's scandalous laugh-
ter seemed to fill the classroom.
28. Many Caribbean islands are cov-
ered with volcanic soil.
29. I am so (addictive, allergic) to
cigarette smoke that if someone
is smoking outside a room I am in,
I begin to sneeze and cough.
30. After carrying out many (exami-
nations, experiments), the scien-
tist concluded that he could not
use vegetables to make cheese.
31. "I'll see you later," said
32. "You'll be punished if
you don't complete
your homework on
time," said our teacher.
33. "I've done everything I
can but Ican't reach
to school before eight
o'clock," said Marcus.
34. "Are you certain Alice
is coming?" asked Faye.
35.Marcus' pet cat was
bitten by the neighbour's
36. The poet is most likely referring
to 'old' and/or experienced sol-
diers (who fought in the war) as
37. a. themes - (main) topics; ideas;
b. perspective - viewpoint; side;
c. significance - meaning; impor-
38. The three themes that the poet
was referring to in line 5 are to
honour veterans who died, to ho-
nour veterans who survived and
to honour all dearly departed
39. The poet connected the three
themes to war and/or death.
40. The poet preferred to emphasise
the theme of 'Peace and Life'.
41. Food chains are diagrams which
represent the feeding patterns or
relationships among living things.
42. Oxygen, a by-product of photo-
synthesis, is crucial to the produc-
tion of "pure" blood in man.
43. a). pattern - model; outline; blue-
print; example; sample
b). relationship - association; con-
c). process - procedure; method;
44. Plants form the first link in food
chains and food webs because
they produce their own food.
They also produce oxygen which
is necessary for the production of
pure blood in man and animals.
45. "Food Chains and Food Webs" is
a suitable title for the passage.
(Pupils will give other suitable
46. Defence Force and Harlem have
earned the same amount of
points in the league so far.
47. U-20's, Phoenix and Defence
Force drew the most matches in
the league so far.
48. WASA is occupying first position
in the league at this time.
49. Eastern Strikers and Harlem each
has only one more match to play.
50. If St. Francois wins the remaining
two matches it has to play and
Harlem draws its one remaining
match, both teams will now have
thirty points and would most
likely tie for the 9th position.
Links Archive November 21st 2013 November 23rd 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page