Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : November 29th 2013 Contents 39. Absent 1
Answer: 6 days
40. Area of leftmost vertical rectangle =
Area of rightmost vertical rectangle
Area of bottom horizontal rectangle
Answer: 29 square cm
41. a. 7hrs+7hrs+7.5hrs+8hrs+
Answer: 36.5 hours
b. 36.5 hrs x $10.50 = $383.25
Answer: E, D, C, B, A
$640 divided by 40 = $16
44. a. Distance ran in 1 sec =
Answer: 8 metres per second
b. Lengthoftimefor8m =1sec
Length of time for 1 km or
Answer: 125 seconds or
2 mins 5 seconds
72 000 cubic cm
72 000 divided by 1 200
Answer: 60 cm
b. 1/2 volume = 1/2 x 72000/1 =
36 000 cubic cm
36 000 cubic cm = 36 litres
Answer: 36 litres
Answer: 300 oranges
Answer: 100 oranges
Friday, November 29, 2013 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
1. The prisoner was accused (with;
of) stealing a cell phone.
2. Our coach is opposed (to; about)
playing the match on a water
3. Everyone has been vexed (at;
with) Sheldon on account of his
4. Our visiting Aunt Emma will have
to part (from; with) us by next
5. The teacher informed the class,
"Your term test would begin on
the first day of next week."
"Can you lend me the Social Stud-
ies notes for I was absent on the
day when it was given?" Denyse
7. Miss Davis told the boys, "I wish
to inform you that the Chaconia is
the national flower of Trinidad
8. Next weekend, we will take a long
drive to the countryside.
9. Many of Sally's relatives from
abroad are coming to Trinidad to
spend Christmas with her family.
10. The children had gathered in the
park for an enjoyable game of
11. The batsman had knelt on the
pitch to adjust his pads. (Past
12. The nurse laid the injured passen-
ger on a stretcher. (Past Tense)
13. The travelers had sat in the air-
port for many hours during the
storm. (Past Participle)
14. Simba, our pet dog usually runs
excitedly towards us as soon as
we arrive at home.
15. During the Christmas season, the
village shopkeeper always gener-
ously donates towards our treat.
16. Not having done her homework,
Pam walked timidly to school.
17. DIS; EN During the fall, the
dislocated his shoulder.
18. MIS; SUB Please listen well
misinterpret what I
19. RE; DE Can you deduct my
expenses from what I
have to receive?
20. The younger of the six boys is as
big as I. (youngest)
21. Everyone of the children who vol-
unteer to clean the beach are be
rewarded. (is) - refers to "every-
22. Mummy has packed an apple, a
chicken sandwich and cookie for
veronica. (a cookie) - all the oth-
er items are preceded by an in-
23. wandered - roamed
24. simple - easy
25. The homeless boy stood in
amazement when he saw the
fireworks in the sky.
26. It was difficult for Susan to pay
attention to what her teacher
was saying because she was hun-
27. Oil and water cannot form a mix-
28. Ben went to the pharmacy to fill
the prescription the doctor had
29. The Sahara is the largest desert
30. The Northern Range is the only
mountain range in Trinidad with
tall mountain peaks.
31. "Michael are you going
to Movie Town with
32. Although we tried
very hard we couldn't
persuade Kyle to go
with us to Movie
33. "Would you like to
go hiking over the
Maracas hills during
the dry season?"
34.It's very difficult to
travel by bus on a
35.Mother sent me to
the grocery to buy
a kilogram of sugar,
a bottle of milk and
a stick of butter.
36. The floor of the playhouse was
covered with moss.
37. A brook is most likely a stream,
rivulet or small river.
38 The child used a rock as a table to
39. A dell is either a small valley or
clearing in the forest or woods.
40. "My playhouse in the Woods" is a
suitable title for the poem. (Stu-
dents may give other suitable ti-
41. Photosynthesis is the process by
which plants manufacture food.
42. The chlorophyll in plants is usual-
ly found in the leaves and stems.
43. a). manufacture -- make; produce;
b). released -- put or sent out;
c). lures -- tempts; attracts; draws
44. Man and animals use plants as
food as well as plants produce
oxygen that is needed to produce
45. "How plants produce food" is a
suitable title for the passage.
(Students may give other suit-
able titles for the passage)
46. The graduation and presentation
of awards ceremony took place at
the Happy Hill Civic Centre.
47. The Minister of Education was
most likely the main speaker at
48. Awards will most likely be given
to outstanding students and
49. The graduating students were
called 'graduands' before the
graduation exercise took place.
50. The Chairman of the ceremony
held the position of Vice Principal
in the school.
Links Archive November 28th 2013 November 30th 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page