Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : December 4th 2013 Contents Continued on page 15
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Write about any one (1) of the following:-
1. You may have observed recently how rainy
the weather has been in Trinidad. You may
also have experienced how cool and sometimes
how cold the evenings and nights have
become. Do you enjoy this type of weather?
Write a letter to a close friend describing
whether you like or dislike the weather that
we are experiencing at present, giving reasons,
in some detail for your choice.
2. Has/have your pet/pets ever been involved in a
fight? You will agree that this is one of the
scariest things that you can ever see. Write a
story that begins with the following lines:-
"Suddenly, before I could do anything about it,
the two animals began approaching each other.
I was too scared to imagine what would
3. Do you love helping at home? Perhaps many of
you usually help your parents/guardians in
doing some of the household chores. However,
is there one (1) particular task that you really
do not like to do? Write an account of this,
beginning with the words: "I enjoy assisting my
parents/guardians at home but I really do not
enjoy doing (name the duty or chore.)...."
SECTION I - GRAMMAR SKILLS
A. Write the shortened form of each underlined
word/phrase in the following sentences.
(S1) Will she not be accompanying you to the
(S2) Won't she be accompanying you to the
1. They have already made their decision.
2. Were you not there when it happened?
3. If he does not arrive soon, we will have to
leave without him.
B. Fill in the blanks with the more suitable of
the given words.
We still do not know whose dog had bitten the
man. (whose; who)
4. The woman to ____________ Janelle wrote the
letter is her aunt. (whom; who)
______________ of the flowers have wilted.
C. Name the Part of speech of each of the
following underlined words.
I'll let you know when I am coming to see you.
6. It's a good day, today to go by the beach.
7. The guest was given a most fitting
D. Circle each correct answer from those given
within the brackets.
Either my sister or I (are; am) accompanying
our mother to the market.
8. The older of my two brothers (is; are) an
9. One of the dogs that are playing in the yard
(is; are) mine.
E. Rewrite each of the following sentences in its
(S1) The panel of speakers was participating
in a food discussion.
(S2) The panel of speakers was participating
in a discussion about food.
10. Mummy offered her guests some recently
11. It is always recommended to, if you wish them
to dry well, paint your outside walls when it is
F. Use one (1) suitable word to replace each
underlined phrase in the following sentences.
(S1) My brother and I (We) are both players
on our football team.
(S2) Janet met her aunt (her) at the airport.
12. Please put those oranges (_____________) in
13. Our neighbour's brother (_____________) is an
G. Write "Prep" (Preposition) or "Conj."
(Conjunction) to describe each underlined
word in the following sentences.
(S1) Anika could not play for she had sprained
her ankle. (Conj.)
(S2) The man called for his money
immediately after the sale. (Prep.)
14. We have not written to her since Christmas.
15. Since you moved from this neighbourhood, we
have been very sad. (_________________)
H. Choose a suitable prefix or suffix from those
given on the left to complete each of the
dis; mis; fulHis unruly behavior on the playing
field was most disgraceful.
16. en; sub; super The task was ____divided
into four parts.
17. or; ing; ance
The health inspect____ has
declared the office to be
unsuitable for occupation.
I. In the following sentences, name each
underlined word either a Pronoun (Pro.) or
(S1) Many guests had already arrived for the
(S2) During the rain storm, many were forced
to stay at home. (Pro.)
18. Celine has a few pairs of shoes in her closet.
19. Only a few have entered the competition.
J. Each of the following sentences contains an
error. Underline each error, then rewrite only
Is the newspapers on the table? (Are)
20. Either my sister and my brother will
accompany you after school. (____________)
21. The boy was certain that he have heard him
say that the match would be replayed on
22. Cindy's father gave us not only plums but some
delicious guavas. (____________)
Links Archive December 3rd 2013 December 5th 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page