Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : December 6th 2013 Contents Friday December 6, 2013 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
41. SI = $45000/1 x 8/100 x 4/1 =
Amount repaid =
Interest - $14 400.00,
Amount repaid - $59 400.00
43. a. 360 degrees - (90 degrees +
60 degrees + 30 degrees) =
Answer: 180 degrees
b. Fraction for Food = 1/2
Whole amount =
Fraction for clothes =
30degrees/360degrees = 1/12
Amount spent on clothes =
1/12 x $6000/1 = $500
44. Percent correct on first test =
72/81 x 100/1 % =
Percent correct on second test =
Answer: The first test
45. SI = $5000/1 x 14/100 x 6/12 =
Ampunt at end of 6 mths =
Answer: $5 350.00
46. Area of bottom rectangle =
Area of top rectangle =
Total area =
130 + 138 = 268 cm square
Answer: 268 cm square
1. They've already made their
2. Weren't you there when it
3. If he doesn't arrive soon, we'll
have to leave without him.
4. The woman to whom Janelle
wrote the letter is her aunt.
5. Several of the flowers have
6. It's a good day, today to go by
the beach. (Adverb) -- Time.
7. The guest was given a most
fitting introduction. (Noun) --
8. The older of my two brothers (is;
are) an excellent cricketer.
9. One of the dogs that are playing
in the yard (is; are) mine.
10. Mummy offered her guests some
recently made pastelles.
11. If you wish them to dry well, it is
always recommended to paint
your outside walls when it is
12. Please put those oranges (them)
in the bag. (Object Pronoun)
13. Our neighbour's brother (He) is
an excellent plumber. (Subject
14. We have not written to her since
15. Since you moved from this
neighbourhood, we have been
very sad. (Conj.)
The task was subdivided into
The health inspector has de-
clared the office to be unsuitable
18. Celine has a few pairs of shoes in
her closet. (Adj.)
19. Only a few have entered the com-
20. Either my sister and my brother
will accompany you after school.
(or) - "Either... or"
21. The boy was certain that he have
heard him say that the match
would be replayed on Wednesday.
(had) - Incorrect Auxiliary form.
22. Cindy's father gave us not only
plums but some delicious
guavas. (but... also)
23. Albert Einstein was almost
il-literate up to age fourteen.
24. "I have never met a more
im-polite man!" mother
25. The boxes were stacked in a
dis-orderly manner on the shelf.
26. The soil in my backyard is
in-fertile, I can't grow any
27. When people move from one
country to another, they must
adapt to changes in the weather
28. Deserts are places that are
usually very hot during the day
and very cold at nights.
29. It's not fair to have to bear the
blame for the guilty.
30. It may be a strange sight to see a
bear drinking a beer.
31. Many fruits and
apples, bananas, carrots
and tomatoes are best
32.Due to bad weather
our flight was
cancelled, so we stayed
another night in Tobago.
33. Because the report
was very long, the
supervisor deleted a
large section of it.
34.Marcus, the only male
student in 5B, is
often asked to move
heavy objects in the
35.Mrs. Joseph, one of
our past principals,
donated several reading
books to our school's
36. Santa Claus is the fairies and
37. The whole year is spent making
the toys to be delivered on
38. Fairies and elves make the toys
that are delivered to boys and
girls on Christmas morning.
39. "Santa's Little Helpers" is a suit-
able title for the poem. (Students
will give other suitable titles).
40. The poem reflects a very happy
41. The word salinity as used in the
passage means the condition of
the water in the sea or ocean
when salt is dissolved in the
42. The more salt dissolved in water
the easier it is for objects to stay
afloat when placed in the water.
43. The Dead Sea most likely has the
greatest amount of salt dissolved
44. Jerusalem is situated in Jordan.
45. "The Salt in the Sea" is a suitable
title for the passage. (Students
will give other suitable titles).
46. HBS 14 can most likely be called
the History Channel.
47. PBS 9 most likely caters for a
48. The Sahara desert is most likely
located in the African continent
49. Channel TT 6 is most likely locally
owned and operated.
50. The pitch lake found in La Brea,
Trinidad is considered to be a
natural wonder of the world.
Links Archive December 5th 2013 December 7th 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page