Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : December 15th 2013 Contents 9
n n n n l y
" l A ,
n n l
n ly n n , n
l l ,
n B n
l , ll n n l "
n y ... n l ,
n n l n y
l n n
n n ...
n n n , n n
n n l n n n-
... ll n
l l n n l n. B l
y l A , n y n
l n l n
l y n.
n l ly n An l n n
n n n n l " -
n n ."
" y , y l, y l
n ll n
A n , .
" , l ll -
, ly n. n x l
n l .
" n l n , n n -
n ... A , n
" y l n n l
l y l n y n n n
n l n y l ,
n , n y,
n n l n, C n n
l C n l .
"A n l l , nly
n n ll
n y -
n n -
n y x -
n , ,
l l n l - n n y.
" . n l n n
ll , n n
y- n l B n - n n
" n .
y x l .
... n l y, y
" l n n
l l n B z l n
A ," B z l n n n
l n l .
" y y n n -
n n n y n n n
n n n n n -
" . n l
A n l , C n n
n n l .
" n l l-
n n A n n n .
" l n x n y n y,
nn n n , n ,
n n n y, n n
l ," B n
n B n .
" , n y y, n y n l
. y n l
" n l l l
n n , l n ,
C n , -y - l
n y n , n -
l. n l l n n
A n n n n
n n n .
" n l y l n n
l l .
ly n .
l , l n x -
n , l l , 5,
A n l n
y n n l
n l n .
" l n l y
n n ,
JOHANNESBURG---World leaders, fam-
ily, friends and thousands of
mourners who on Tuesday
queued for hours to secure a seat
in Johannesburg's FNB stadium
paid tribute to South Africa's
anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela.
ll n ll l ,
n n l n n
n n n y
A n n n n n y
• Afghan President Hamid Karzai.
• Angolan Vice President Manuel Vincent.
• Argentinian Acting President Amado
• Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott.
• Bahamas Prime Minister Perry Christie.
• Bangladesh President Abdul Hamid.
• Belgian Prime Minister Elio di Rupo and King
• Benin President Boni Yayi.
• Botswana's President Seretse Ian Khama.
• Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff and three
of her predecessors, including Luiz Inacio
Lula da Silva.
• British Prime Minister David Cameron,
deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg and for-
mer Prime Minister Tony Blair.
• Burundi President Pierre Nkurunziza.
• Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper
and three of his predecessors.
• Chadian President Idriss Deby.
• Chinese Vice President Li Yuanchao.
• Comoros President Ikiliou Dhoinine.
• Congo's President Joseph Kabila.
• Croatian President Ivo Josipovic.
• Cuban President Raul Castro.
• Czech Foreign Minister Jan Kohout.
• Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-
Schmidt and Prince Frederik.
• Djibouti's President Ismail Omar Guelleh.
• East Timor's Prime Minister Xanana Gusmao.
• El Salvador Foreign Minister Jaime Miranda.
• Equatorial Guinea President Obiang Nguema
• Ethiopia Prime Minister Hailemariam De-
• European Commission President Jose
• European Union Council President Herman
• Finnish President Sauli Niinisto.
• French President Francois Hollande and his
predecessor Nicolas Sarkozy.
• Gabon President Ali Bongo Ondimba.
• Gambian President Yahya Jammeh.
• German President Joachim Gauck.
• Ghana President John Dramani Mahama.
• Guinean President Alpha Conde.
• Guyana President Donald Ramotar.
• Haitian President Michel Martelly and Prime
Minister Laurent Lamothe.
• Indian President Pranab Mukherjee and Con-
gress party leader Sonia Ghandi.
• Irish President Michael Higgins.
• Italian Prime Minister Enrico Letta.
• Ivory Coast President Allasane Ouattara.
• Jamaica Prime Minister Portia Simpson
• Japan Crown Prince Naruhito and former
Prime Minister Yasuo Fukuda.
• Jordanian Queen Rania and Prime Minister
• Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta.
• Lebanese caretaker Prime Minister Najib Mikati.
• Lesotho Prime Minister Thomas Thabane.
• Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.
• Malawi President Joyce Banda.
• Malaysian Energy Minister Maximus Ongkili.
• Mauritius Prime Minister Mohamed Ould
• Mexican President Pena Nieto.
• Morocco Prince Moulay Rachid.
• Mozambique President Armando Emilio
• Namibian President Hifikepunye Pohamba.
• Nepalese Foreign Minister Madhav Prassad
• The Netherlands Foreign Minister Frans Tim-
mermans and King Willem-Alexander.
• New Zelands Prime Minister John Key.
• Niger President Mahamadou Issoufou.
• Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan.
• Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg and
Crown Prince Haakon.
• Pakistan President Mamnoon Hussain.
• Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.
• Philippines Vice President Jejomar Binay.
• Polish Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski.
• Portuguese President Cavaco Silva.
• Saudi-Arabia Deputy Prime Minister Muqrin
bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.
• Senegalese President Macky Sall.
• Serbian President Tomislav Nicolic.
• Seychelles President James Michel.
• Slovak Foreign Minister Miroslav Lajcak.
• Slovenia President Borut Pahor.
• South Korean Prime Minister Hongwon
• South Sudan President Salva Kir Mayardi.
• Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy and
• Sri Lanka President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
• Sudanese Vice President Bakri Hassan Salih.
• Suriname President Desire Delan Bouterse.
• Swaziland Prime Minister Sibusiso Barnabas
• Swedish Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt
and Princess Victoria.
• Swiss President Ulrich Maurer.
• Tanzanian President Jakaya Kikwete.
• Trinidad and Tobago Prime Minister Kamla
• Tunisian President Moncef Marzouki.
• Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni.
• UN Human Rights Commissioner Navi Pillay.
• UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon and his
predecessor Kofi Annan.
• US President Barack Obama and first lady
Michelle Obama as well as former presi-
dents George W. Bush, Jimmy Carter, Bill
Clinton and his wife Hillary.
• Uruguay Foreign Minister Luis Almagro.
• Vatican official Cardinal Peter Turkson of Ghana.
• Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro.
• Zambia President Michael Sata.
• Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe. (AP)
JOHANNESBURG---Dozens of foreign
leaders on Tuesday attended
the memorial service honouring
former South African
President Nelson Mandela in
Johannesburg's FNB stadium.
Two women sing in the audience during the me-
morial service for Nelson Mandela in Johannes-
burg, South Africa, yesterday.
South African President Jacob Zuma, right, hugs Retired Anglican Archbishop Desmond Tutu during
the memorial service for former South African president Nelson Mandela on December 10.
Links Archive December 14th 2013 December 16th 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page