Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : December 20th 2013 Contents Costof12pens=12x$2.75=$33
Total bill = $40.20 + $33 = $73.20
10/100 x $73.20/1 = $7.32
41. Area of 1st wall =
Area of 2nd wall =
Area of 3rd wall = 72 square m
Area of 4th wall = 84 square m
total area =
Answer: 312 square metres
42. Volume of container = 50 cm x 30
Volume of water =
3/4 x 60000/1 = 45 000 cubic cm
Answer: 45 litres
44. a. Answer:
24)/5 = 29
Answer: 29 dozens
45. missing angle inside triangle =
180 degrees - (90 degrees +
35 degrees) = 55 degrees
x = 180 degrees - 55 degrees =
Answer: 125 degrees
Answer: 15, 15, 18, 23, 29
Friday, December 20, 2013 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
1. It was the worst performance
the team had ever given. (Adjec-
2. Handle that piece of glass with
great care. (Verb)
3. Many countries in the word,
today, face some serious prob-
4. Children's proper (grow) growth
is achieved through physical exer-
cise and healthy foods.
5. This seems to be a fair (explain)
explanation of this problem.
6 Roger (call) recalled exactly how
the incident had occurred.
7. What (do) did you do about the
robbery that (occur) occurred
8. After (leave) leaving home, we
(have) had to hustle to the bus
station to catch the early bus.
9. These (be) are the same clothes
that she has (wear) worn since
10. Sight; Site The contractor has
visited the SITE for the new hos-
pital. (Spot or place)
11. Counsel; Council The mayor
sought COUNSEL from his
lawyers before making the final
12. Each; Both BOTH of the players
were excellent during the final
match. (The two of them) -- Note
the plural verb "were"
13. Simone described the main points
of the movie to us.
14. Ms Stephanie is correcting the
Science reports from standard
15. Marsha' parents have invited
many children to a grand party for
their daughter, Marsha.
16. Did you looked at that new com-
edy, last night? (look) - The in-
finitive form is required.
17. Who do you think we met at the
Mall, yesterday? (Whom) - The
object form is needed here.
18. Of the three puppies, Felice is the
cuter one. (cutest) -- The com-
parison is between more than
19. Both she and I am quite satisfied
with the preparations. (are) -
must agree with the plural "she
23. Hasely Crawford, the Trinidadian
Olympic gold winner, will always
be remembered for his great
24. The administration of justice in
Trinidad and Tobago is the re-
sponsibility of the Chief Justice's
25. Children living in very distant
areas in Trinidad and Tobago
experience great difficulty in
accessing transportation to get to
26. Maria meant to write a letter to
her sister who lives in London.
27. The children were very happy
when they learnt that they were
going on a field trip to the La Brea
28. It was very difficult to seperate
the twin sisters. separate
29. Marc was not as fourtunate as I
was to get a ride home from
school the day the city flooded.
30. I would always be greatly in-
deathed to you for the kindness
you have shown me. Indebted
31. "I've to leave now,"
said the bus driver.
32. "Are you going to
the park with us on
Saturday?" asked Susie.
33. It's not often that you
can have the opportunity
to see turtles nesting
on the beach.
34. "That's an ugly dog!"
35. Tomatoes, cucumbers,
pumpkins and leafy
vegetables are usually
very abundant during
the dry season.
36. The appearance of a bright new
star signalled the birth of Jesus.
37. Herod was the king of Judea at
the time Jesus was born.
38. The wise men learnt that Herod
had lied to them through a dream
given by God.
39. Herod was very angry to think
that someone might be going to
take his place as king.
40. "The Wise Men" is a suitable title
for the passage.
41. A star adorned the topmost part
of the Christmas tree.
42. Line 17, 'Perhaps my dream's a
prophecy', suggests that the
poet's dream was a sign of things
43. Dancing and laughing suggest
that the children in the poet's
dream were happy.
44. A 'fez' is most likely a headgear
45. The poem reflects a very happy
46. The concert will be held four
times (twice on each day).
47. The Sando's Nightingale Carollers
and the Hillside Parranderos are
most likely special performers at
48. Someone interested in attending
the concert can contact the
school by telephone or e-mail.
49. The word "reserved" suggests
that the seat will be guaranteed.
50. The "Sando's Nightingale Car-
ollers" would most likely sing
SECTION A SECTION B
The speeding car
dashed on to
20. The lifeguard
as soon as the
als have arrived.
21. As soon as
on the wet road.
22. The workers
that it was
stay in the deep,
Links Archive December 19th 2013 December 21st 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page