Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : January 6th 2014 Contents A54
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Monday, January 6, 2014
"Paving the way---throughout the world"
Qualified persons are encouraged
to apply for the position of
Some duties/ responsibilities include:
1. Managing all finance and accounting functions including preparation and control of budgets; management
accounting; establishment and maintenance of internal controls.
2. Recommending to the management team appropriate methods of meeting the Company's financial
3. Formulating strategies to be used in long-term financial plans of the Company
4. Assisting in the selection of sources and the negotiation of loans as required.
5. Correlating borrowing requirements with the investment of any surplus funds.
6. Forecasting Company's cash receipts, disbursements and investments.
7. Ensuring that adequate funds are maintained to meet current and future obligations.
8. Administering and monitoring financial transactions with the Shareholder.
9. Updating the management team regarding changes in legislation that may affect the Company's business.
10. Ensuring that all tax matters are properly prepared and timely remitted to appropriate authorities.
11. Participating in the evaluation and awarding of Tenders.
12. Analysing investments and other recommendations associated with the Company's Benefit Plan(s).
13. Making recommendations for the development of computerised financial accounting and materials
procurement/ purchasing system for reporting, forecasting, monitoring and controlling expenditures and
monitoring same to minimise risk.
14. Exercising authority over the Company's accounts and ensuring that all accounting, budgeting, statistical
reporting and record-keeping requirements are fulfilled.
15. Ensuring that variations between budgeted performance and actual results are analysed in such a manner
to ensure that corrective actions will be facilitated by Management.
16. Reviewing and evaluating cost reduction opportunities for the Company and keeping management
abreast of the opportunities and projected outcomes.
17. Developing good working relationships with auditors, financial institutions and statutory bodies.
University Degree in Finance or Accountancy; ACCA qualifications; Professional Chartered Accountant/Finance
Specialised knowledge of accounting, budgeting and finance software would be an asset.
5 - 10 years at a senior supervisory level.
Applications along with resumes should be addressed to:
Lake Asphalt of Trinidad and Tobago (1978) Limited
Human Resources Unit
Or sent directly to
Deadline for submission:
_______2014 January 17_________
We thank all for their interest however, unsuitable applications would not be acknowledged0106031
BARCELONA---Alexis Sanchez netted his first hat-
trick for Barcelona to spark its 4-0 win over Elche
at Camp Nou yesterday, setting up a highly antic-
ipated showdown with Atletico Madrid next week
between the top two teams in the Spanish league.
With Lionel Messi watching from the stands and
Neymar waiting in the dugout, Barcelona turned to
Alexis and its core of Spain internationals for a second
straight victory on either side of the two-week winter
Alexis opened the scoring in the seventh minute
and struck twice more in the 63rd and 69th after
Pedro Rodriguez had doubled the advantage and Xavi
Hernandez had missed a penalty kick.
"The holidays were good for me," said Alexis, who
also credited first-year coach Gerardo Martino for
improving his scoring rate.
"I think Martino gave me the confidence I needed
as a player," Alexis told GOL TV.
Barcelona s victory was its ninth in as many league
games at home this season, and it remained tied on
points with Atletico atop the standings. The pressure
is now on Real Madrid come Monday when it hosts
Celta Vigo trailing the pacesetting pair by eight points.
Alexis and Pedro lead the team with 11 goals each
in league play, tying them with Real Sociedad s Antoine
Griezmann as the third-highest scorers this cam-
Both players were given ovations when substituted
late, with Neymar coming on for the final minutes.
Martino said he was as impressed by Alexis treble
as anyone else, especially with his last goal from a
"Alexis takes free kicks well in practice," Martino
said. "When Leo, Xavi, Cesc or Neymar are playing,
they almost never let him take one. One time he sent
a free kick into the wall and we all thought it was
his last. I told the bench that as a joke before he took
today s kick and he ended up scoring it."
Elsewhere, Carlos Bacca scored one goal and set
up two more to help Sevilla beat Getafe 3-0 at home,
provisionally lifting the club into sixth place with its
fifth victory in a six-game unbeaten streak in the
Messi tore his left hamstring on November 11 and
only returned to training with Barcelona this week,
having spent time in Argentina doing rehab. He was
left off the squad for Sunday s game and Martino
will have to decide if he brings him back against
Getafe on Wednesday in the Copa del Rey to get him
up to speed before the big trip to Atletico next Sun-
"Messi is fine physically and in good spirits," Mar-
tino said. "Whether he plays or not depends on his
mentality, on whether he has gotten over the fear of
the injury. Maybe we should have a little more patience
Alexis charged behind his marker to meet Jordi
Alba s cross from the left and volley it into the corner
of the net to get Barcelona rolling.
Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes looked a tad
rusty in his first action in six weeks returning from
injury in the 14th when Yiadom Boakye blasted the
ball off the post, but he wasn t tested again after
Pedro made it 2-0 two minutes later.
Pedro followed up his hat trick at Getafe in the
last round by meeting Cesc Fabregas weighted pass
behind the defense, then used one touch to round
goalkeeper Antonio "Tono" Rodriguez before sliding
the ball inside the near post.
Xavi, also back from injury, wasted penalty three
minutes after halftime when he sent his spot kick
wide after Fabregas had been fouled in the area by
Elche s Ionut Sapunaru.
But Pedro took Andres Iniesta s through ball and
squared for Alexis to fire into the open net in the
63rd. Moments later Alexis earned his free kick from
a foul outside the box that the Chile forward promptly
curved over the defensive wall with a right-footed
The game s only negative for Barcelona was defend-
er Marc Bartra apparently hurting his leg late on.
Later, Athletic Bilbao hosts Real Sociedad with the
Basque clubs both contending for fourth place, and
Espanyol visits Osasuna.
Alexis sparks as
FC Barcelona's Alexis Sanchez, from Chile, reacts after scoring against Elche
during a Spanish La Liga soccer match at the Camp Nou stadium in Barcelona,
Spain, yesterday . AP PHOTO
Links Archive January 5th 2014 January 7th 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page