Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : January 7th 2014 Contents B7
Tuesday, January 7, 2014 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
"Paving the way---throughout the world"
Qualified persons are encouraged
to apply for the position of
Some duties/ responsibilities include:
1. Managing all finance and accounting functions including preparation and control of budgets; management
accounting; establishment and maintenance of internal controls.
2. Recommending to the management team appropriate methods of meeting the Company's financial
3. Formulating strategies to be used in long-term financial plans of the Company
4. Assisting in the selection of sources and the negotiation of loans as required.
5. Correlating borrowing requirements with the investment of any surplus funds.
6. Forecasting Company's cash receipts, disbursements and investments.
7. Ensuring that adequate funds are maintained to meet current and future obligations.
8. Administering and monitoring financial transactions with the Shareholder.
9. Updating the management team regarding changes in legislation that may affect the Company's business.
10. Ensuring that all tax matters are properly prepared and timely remitted to appropriate authorities.
11. Participating in the evaluation and awarding of Tenders.
12. Analysing investments and other recommendations associated with the Company's Benefit Plan(s).
13. Making recommendations for the development of computerised financial accounting and materials
procurement/ purchasing system for reporting, forecasting, monitoring and controlling expenditures and
monitoring same to minimise risk.
14. Exercising authority over the Company's accounts and ensuring that all accounting, budgeting, statistical
reporting and record-keeping requirements are fulfilled.
15. Ensuring that variations between budgeted performance and actual results are analysed in such a manner
to ensure that corrective actions will be facilitated by Management.
16. Reviewing and evaluating cost reduction opportunities for the Company and keeping management
abreast of the opportunities and projected outcomes.
17. Developing good working relationships with auditors, financial institutions and statutory bodies.
University Degree in Finance or Accountancy; ACCA qualifications; Professional Chartered Accountant/Finance
Specialised knowledge of accounting, budgeting and finance software would be an asset.
5 - 10 years at a senior supervisory level.
Applications along with resumes should be addressed to:
Lake Asphalt of Trinidad and Tobago (1978) Limited
Human Resources Unit
Or sent directly to
Deadline for submission:
_______2014 January 17_________
We thank all for their interest however, unsuitable applications would not be acknowledged0106031
From Page B6
Business goals, of course, are an inherent part of
business planning. The Business Planning Makeover
will show you how to create a Business Action Plan
that will provide your small business direction for
the coming year - or longer. When you've completed
it, you will have a Vision Statement, a Mission
Statement and specific business goals that enable
you to put your business planning into action.
Examples of goals
When you're setting goals, it can be helpful to
see examples of goals. And writing your goals down
is an important first step in committing to your
goal and declaring that you will see it through and
achieve it. Share your goals here.
Using goals to spur achievement
The power of goal setting lies in its ability to
motivate us. To unlock this power, we have to do
three things; let our goals challenge us in some way,
keep our goals in the forefront of our minds, and
keep our goals consistent.
So first, we have to make sure we're not short-
changing ourselves when we're setting goals. If the
goal is no stretch for us, there's no point to it. For
example, if I set a goal to run two kilometres every
day and I already run 1.8 kilometres every day, I'm
not challenging myself. Worse, I'm probably boring
myself. A much better goal might be to participate
in and finish a particular race. That would be more
of a challenge and it's challenge that keeps us inter-
In terms of business goals, the vision statement
is a useful challenge vehicle. It provides the inspi-
ration for both your daily operations and your strate-
Second, we need to stay focused on our goals.
With all the things going in in our daily lives, it's
easy for our goals to fade into the background.
One of the best ways I've found to do this is to
start each day with business planning. Making goal
setting a part of your daily routine can exponentially
increase your chances of achieving your goal.
Third, we need to keep our goals consistent. That
is, when setting goals, we need to be sure that none
of our goals contradict or undermine each other.
The easiest way to do this is to have an overarching
Goal setting equals success
In How to Join the Ranks of Goal Setting Achievers
Paul Shearstone writes, "Setting goals is the genesis
from which all things great and not so great are
accomplished... It should be noted that there is no
small coincidence between the one per cent that
write goals down and the highest achieving, highest
income-earning men and women around the world."
Your own goal setting efforts may or may not
help you to become one of these people. But I know
that if you set the right goals and work at achieving
them, you will experience success.
Setting goals is the genesis
from which all things great
and not so great are
accomplished... It should be
noted that there is no small
coincidence between the one
per cent that write goals
down and the highest
achieving, highest income-
earning men and women
around the world.
Links Archive January 6th 2014 January 8th 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page