Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : January 16th 2014 Contents TRINIDAD & TOBAGO RED CROSS SOCIETY
The Trinidad & Tobago Red Cross Society (TTRCS) is affiliated with the International Federation of Red Cross Red
Crescent (IFRC) and the International Committee of the Red Crescent Movement (ICRC).
The Director General is the chief operating officer of the TTRCS, a Humanitarian Organization, and is responsible for
interpreting and implementing policy directives enunciated by the President and the Executive Committee of the Society
while promoting continuous organization development and managing change to strengthen its core values, and achieve
its mission and objectives.
The Director General also fosters relationships with donors, sponsors, civil society, public and private sectors, and nation-
al and international organizations.
The Director General is mandated to ensure that the reputation of the National Society is protected so that all activities
are transparent and in accordance with existing laws, rules and procedures instituted by the IFRC and the ICRC.
See www.ttrcs.org for more information regarding the Society.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership: The Director General will manage operational issues as directed by the Executive Committee which has
responsibilities for governance. He/She must demonstrate sound leadership qualities and must be highly flexible, tolerant,
personable, strong and an independent thinker.
Program Management -- The Director General will manage and where necessary supervise programs and projects. Create
a 3-5 year strategic view that allows staff, volunteers and Governing Council and Executive Committee members to under-
stand the short term future of the organization, its programs and key success factors. Ensure proper management of all
Fundraising -- Develop and execute an annual fundraising plan that includes donor database management, donors com-
munications, gift solicitation, corporate sponsorship, and grant applications and reporting.
General Administration - Ensure the staff and volunteers are managed in accordance with high moral standards of
business practice and good industrial relationships to minimize staff turnover in the Society.
Ensure that Administration/HR/Marketing /First Aid/Disaster/Welfare/IT/ Volunteer/Youth/ Communication and other strate-
gies and procedures are documented, communicated and practiced.
Budgeting & Financial Management - Work closely with the Finance Manager and the Committee to develop annu-
al projects and budgets. Ensure the proper management of all cash flow, accounting and record keeping for sound fiscal
processes and procedures through the appropriate personnel.
Communication - with various key stakeholders:
• Local partners -- to plan, implement and evaluate local programs
• Funding Sources -- to maintain a relationship with current and potential sources of funds as projects
and programs dictate
• Donors -- all existing and potential donors, grantors, and sponsors
• Work directly with the Governing Bodies of the National Society and the President on a continued basis and
manage project and programs in a legal and ethical manner.
• Reports monthly to the Executive Committee and the Governing Council to ensure the positive relationships
between the Governing Bodies and the Management
• Degree in Business Management from a recognized university.
• Minimum of five years experience in business management, planning and financial oversight. Must be able to
interpret financial reports.
• A minimum of three years experience working with a Board of Directors and Committees.
• Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent problem-solving and mediation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with Team
• Proficiency with office computer equipment and software
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations
• Experience in Organization Development and Change Management will be a definite asset
• Proven sound character and integrity.
• Must be able to work outside of standard business hours to accommodate activities of the TTRCS
• A strong Team Leader and a Team Builder with ability to manage a diverse work force including volunteers
and other organizations.
• Self motivated, strategic thinker with excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills coupled with good time
• Experience in disaster management/welfare is preferable
• Must be able to travel regionally and internationally.
Application should be sent to:
The office of the President of the National Society
T&T Red Cross Society
7A Fitzblackman Drive
Port of Spain
Or email: email@example.com
Deadline for submission is January 31st, 2014
MANILA---The Philippines launched anti-cor-
ruption reforms yesterday including cashless and
chequeless government transactions that president
Benigno Aquino III said will improve budget man-
agement and make it harder to misappropriate
"Our goal is to institutionalise reforms that make
it very difficult for unscrupulous individuals to
steal from the people---regardless of who sits in
office," he said.
Budget secretary Florencio Abad said the changes
will spell big savings for the government, which
spends eight pesos (18 cents) on each of the millions
of cheques it issues each year.
If all goes well, the programme will then be rolled
out in other government agencies next year, he
On top of easier tracking of procurement, Aquino
said data gathered through the system will give
government an accurate record of what programmes
need funding and will make it easier for Treasury
to determine how much cash is needed on a daily
LONDON---British police are hunting burglars who
tried to steal the ashes of psychoanalyst Sigmund
Freud from a London crematorium.
The Metropolitan Police force said yesterday that
a 2,300-year-old Greek urn containing the remains
of Freud and his wife Martha was severely damaged
in a break-in at Golders Green Crematorium on
December 31 or January 1.
Detective constable Daniel Candler said the
attempted theft was "a despicable act."
"Even leaving aside the financial value of the irre-
placeable urn and the historical significance...the fact
that someone set out to take an object knowing it
contained the last remains of a person defies belief,"
The father of psychoanalysis moved to Britain from
Nazi-controlled Austria in 1938. He died in London
in September 1939, aged 83.
His remains, and those of his wife, who died in
1951, had sat in an urn atop a plinth inside the 112-
Golders Green Crematorium has seen the funerals
of many British celebrities, including "Dracula" nov-
elist Bram Stoker, comedian Peter Sellers and singer
Amy Winehouse. (AP)
GEORGETOWN---The government of Guyana has
closed more than a dozen public schools following
heavy rains that caused widespread flooding.
Meteorologists said yesterday that more than three
inches of rain had fallen in the past 24 hours and
that more bad weather is expected for the rest of the
Most of the school closures occurred in the capital
of Georgetown and nearby areas. The country is
prone to heavy flooding in part because it lies mostly
below sea level at high tide. (AP)
Thieves try to
Heavy rains, flooding
force school closures
Links Archive January 15th 2014 January 17th 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page