Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : February 4th 2014 Contents Clearly defined roles and responsibilities
Employees need to have well defined roles and
responsibilities at the workplace. Individuals need
to be clear as to in which all areas they need to con-
tribute their level best and what all skills would help
them perform better.
They need to be aware of their duties and key
responsibility areas. Duplication of work decreases
efficiency of employees. Responsibilities ought to be
delegated as per expertise, knowledge and interest
levels of employees. Job mismatch leads to confusions
and individuals eventually lose interest in work.
Effective communication plays an imperative role
in increasing efficiency of employees, eventually ben-
efitting the organisation. Employees need to interact
with each other, discuss their problems, brainstorm
ideas and gain from each other s expertise. They need
to have an easy access to their manager s cabins so
that grievances and problems can be addressed imme-
Even the minutest problem left unattended may
become a major cause of trouble later on. Managers
need to sit with their team members, monitor their
performances, give them correct feedbacks and help
them perform better. As a manager, you need to
guide your team as to what all additional set of skills
would increase their efficiency and help them deliver
results on time.
Rules and regulations/Flexible policies
If you expect an employee to work till late on his
birthday, he would never perform and end up wasting
the entire day. One needs to be logical. Do not ask
your employees to work till late unless and until there
is an emergency. Rules and regulations should be
same for everyone. Every individual irrespective of
his/her designation or level in the hierarchy has to
report on time.
Allow employees to take small breaks during the
day. Let them speak to their colleagues. Strict rules
like switching cell phones at workplace, blocking
Web sites, not allowing employees to get up from
their workstation and so on can sometimes irritate
an employee, who in due course of time starts hunting
for a new job. Employees need to be satisfied with
Give a pat on their backs and make them feel that
they have the potential to achieve targets before time.
Let them feel special and indispensable for the organ-
isation. Trust me; nothing would help, if they do not
realise it themselves. Self realisation is of utmost
importance. After all, you can t keep a check on your
employees every time. Trust your employees.
Money is a strong motivating factor for employees.
They would never work if you do not release their
salaries on time. Do not hold their monthly bills and
other reimbursements. Appreciate their performances
and reward them suitably. Bonuses, additional perks,
incentives play an effective role in motivating employ-
ees to meet deadlines, finish assignments on time
and achieve targets on or before time.
Job security plays a crucial role in increasing effi-
ciency of employees. Employees would not be able
to deliver if they feel insecure at the workplace. Man-
agers need to stand by their team members at the
times of crisis and unforeseen circumstances.
Encourage employees to manage their time well.
Help them plan their day. Ask them to organize their
desk once in every week.
Healthy work culture
Employees need a pleasant work environment as
they spend maximum part of their day at workplace.
Give them the liberty to take some decisions on their
own. Superiors should never treat their subordinates
as slaves or keep them at arm s length. They would
never respect you. They need to feel happy at the
workplace for them to stay positive, happy and con-
Encourage your employees not to participate in
nasty office politics, rumours and criticism.
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Tuesday, February 4, 2014
International Company is seeking to fill the position of
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To assist the Marketing Director in developing and maintaining marketing
strategies to meet agreed company objectives.
• To evaluate customer research, market conditions data and implement
marketing plan alterations as needed.
• To oversee all marketing, advertising and promotional staff activities.
• To foster and build relationship with key clients and thus acquire more
• To ensure positive execution of all promotional activities at venue.
• Willingness to travel and work with a global team of professionals.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
RELATIONSHIPS AND ROLES;
• To demonstrate the ability to interact and cooperate with all company
• To build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster
innovation, focus on delivery to customers, collaborate with others, solve
problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
• Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company
• Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with
all support departments.
• Strong organization and follow up skills including the ability to handle
competing priorities and meet all deadlines
• Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment and willing to adapt
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing or the equivalent combination of Education,
training and work experience.
• A minimum of 4-6 years in sales, marketing experience.
• Extensive experience of developing, maintaining and delivering on marketing
strategies to meet company objectives.
Interested applicants can send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.
For the following positions at
ANALYSER SERVICES TRINIDAD LTD.
• Service Engineer -- knowledge of Analysers & Fire &
Gas Systems would be an asset
• Service Technician -- knowledge of Gas Monitoring,
Analysers would be an asset
• Sales Representative -- must be self-starter, knowledge
of the Process Industry would be an asset
• Clerical Officer -- knowledge of inventory control,
accounting system would be an asset
Kindly forward application with resume to:
Analyser Services Trinidad Ltd.
P.O. Bag 237
25 Exchange Lots
or email to email@example.com 0125034
Factors leading to
efficiency at workplace
Money is a strong motivating
factor for employees.
Appreciate their performances
and reward them suitably.
Links Archive February 3rd 2014 February 5th 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page