Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : February 14th 2014 Contents N
1. The North-Central Regional Health Authority has authorized tendering for the following:
NAME OF TENDER
Purchase and Implementation of a Laboratory Information
Monday 17th March 2014
System for the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
at 2:00 pm
Supply, Installation, Commissioning, Training and Maintenance
Monday 17th March 2014
of a Sixty-Four (64) Slice Whole Body Computed Tomography
at 2:00 pm
Scanner for the Department of Radiology at the Eric Williams
Medical Sciences Complex
and now invites interested firms having representation and service facilities in Trinidad and Tobago to submit their proposals.
2. Tender Documents may be perused at Third Floor, Room 306, Building #39, Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex, and are
available between the hours of 8:00am -12:00pm and 1:00pm - 3:00pm, but may be taken away upon payment of a non-refundable
fee of Three Hundred Dollars (TT$300.00) by cash or certified cheque to the North-Central Regional Health Authority, payable at the
cashier Building #2, Ground Floor, Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex for each of the Tenders indicated above. The receipt
must be attached to the Tender upon submission.
3. All requests for information and /or clarification shall be addressed to:
The Chairman of the Tenders Committee
c/o Tenders Department
North Central Regional Health Authority
Third Floor, Room 306
Building 39, Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Uriah Butler Highway, Champs Fleurs
Tel: (868) 645-2640 ext: 5077
Fax: (868) 645-2640 ext. 5077
4. Tenderers are required to fully complete and return the Tender Form together with the Tender.
5. Tenders must remain valid for a period of at least one hundred and eighty (180) days (6 months) from the closing date of the Tender
and must be accompanied by the following:
Valid Income Tax Certificate;
Valid VAT Clearance Certificate;
Valid NIS Certificate;
Certificate of Incorporation/ Certificate of Continuance;
2% Bid Security in the form of a bank guarantee or a certified cheque;
The Price Schedule which must include the Delivery Schedule;
Documentary evidence that the Tenderer is eligible and is qualified to perform the Contract in accordance with the general
conditions if its Tender is accepted;
Two (2) Recent References of Completed Similar Services;
Qualification Questionnaire with all attachments;
Tenderers must also provide a copy of NCRHA's Receipt for the procurement of Tender Document;
6. All alterations or erasures in the Tender must be initialled by the person submitting the Tender or in the case of a business entity, a duly
authorised officer thereof.
7. The Bid Security of two percent (2%) of the value tendered shall be included with the Bid. Such Security shall be in the form of a bank
guarantee or a certified cheque.
8. The ORIGINAL AND COPIES OF THE ENTIRE ORIGINAL TENDER SUBMISSION DOCUMENTS must be placed in sealed envelopes addressed to:
THE CHAIRMAN OF THE TENDERS COMMITTEE
NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL HEALTH AUTHORITY
BUILDING 39, ERIC WILLIAMS MEDICAL SCIENCES COMPLEX
URIAH BUTLER HIGHWAY, CHAMPS FLEURS
And clearly marked:
Tender -- indicate the Tender you are submitting as stated below
i. Purchase and Implementation of a Laboratory Information System for the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex.
ii. Supply, Installation, Commissioning, Training and Maintenance of a Sixty-Four (64) Slice Whole Body Computed Tomography
Scanner for the Department of Radiology at the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex.
9. The envelope(s) must be deposited personally in the Tender Box at the Tenders Department, at the above address no later than
2:00 pm on Monday 17th March 2014.
10. Tenderers will be required to sign a form indicating the date and time of deposit of the Tender before the deposit of the envelope in the
Tender B ox. Each of the tenders will be opened publicly at 2:15 pm on the date of the closing as stated above in a meeting room on
the NCRHA's premises. The Tenderer or his representative may choose to be present at the opening.
11. The Authority does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any other Tender.
12. The successful Tenderer would be required to furnish a Performance Bond of not less than ten percent (10%) of the contract price with
in fourteen (14) days of receiving the letter of award.
13. Late Tenders will not be considered.
14. Failure to comply with any of these instructions may result in the Tender not being considered.
15. The Authority reserves the right to cancel the present Tender in its entirety or partially, without defraying any cost incurred by any firm
in submitting its Tender.
Friday, February 14, 2014 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
NEW DELHI---A law-
maker sprayed pepper
spray inside India s
creating chaos that left
BERLIN---The German government s new
coordinator for trans-Atlantic relations says
he doubts talks aimed at securing a "no-spy"
agreement with the US will produce a deal
that s legally binding.
Chancellor Angela Merkel s government is
seeking such an accord following revelations
about surveillance by the National Security
Agency, including allegations Merkel s cellphone
Earlier this week, President Barack Obama
said there s no country with which Washington
has "a no-spy agreement."
Philipp Missfelder, who recently took on the
co-ordinator role, told reporters yesterday that
Berlin is continuing to push for a deal, but he s
"realistic" and doesn t expect "that there will
be an agreement that is binding under inter-
national law." (AP)
pepper spray in
face with a
gas in New
his colleagues coughing
and crying as they were
ushered from the hall,
in a protest over a long-
contentious proposal to
create a new southern
Lawmakers had been
set to vote on whether
to create Telangana state
from the mostly poor,
inland districts of
For months as it has
been drafted, the plan
has inspired passionate
protests and arguments
for keeping the state
A key point of con-
tention has been the
proposal to include
wealthy tech and indus-
trial hub Hyderabad
To stop the bill from
coming to a vote, Con-
gress party lawmaker L
Rajagopal from Andhra
Pradesh unleashed pep-
per spray from the main
speaking zone in the
"I have a lot of respect
for Indian democracy. I
want to prevent the bill.
So I pulled the mike,"
Rajagopal told reporters
attempted to subdue
Rajagopal, leading to a
scuffle on the Parlia-
ment floor before he was
eventually expelled from
the day s proceedings.
member was rushed to
a hospital, but no infor-
mation was available
about his condition by
Speaker Meira Kumar
adjourned the session,
calling the turmoil "a
"I am too much in
pain at what has hap-
pened," she said.
One top Congress
party official, Digvijay
Singh, called it a "sad
day in the history of
Parliament" that had
"put Indian democracy
in shame." (AP)
leading to a
scuffle on the
before he was
expelled from the
rushed to a
hospital, but no
available about his
condition by late
Links Archive February 13th 2014 February 15th 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page