Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : February 14th 2014 Contents WARSAW, POLAND---Poland s Catholic Church
is preparing to publish a book on internal proce-
dures to deal with child sex abuse by priests as
cases come to the fore in the staunchly Catholic
country, the head of the nation s Catholic news
agency said yesterday.
Marcin Przeciszewski told The Associated Press
the book should come out by June, provided the
Vatican approves the guidelines suggested by
Poland s bishops last year. It is not clear when the
Vatican will make
appears to be a
Poland s church to
allegations that it
has been sweep-
ing cases of sex
abuse under the
carpet, against the
Vatican s efforts
since 2001 to
Poland s first con-
viction came in
2004, but allega-
tions last year
against two Polish
in the Dominican
the problem to
"There is the
will to publish it,
there is nothing to
"The value of it will be that in one book everyone
will be able to find guidance how the church should
react, what the procedures are."
Przeciszewski says the book will show that child
sex abuse by priests is not as widespread as generally
The book will include the Vatican s and the Polish
church s instructions for dealing with cases of
abuse, helping victims and educating priests, starting
with documents issued under Polish-born Pope
John Paul II. It may also include statistics, if they
are ready in time.
Some 30 Polish priests have been tried for sex
abuse. Most cases ended in suspended prison terms,
indicating a general leniency for the church in
Poland, where religion is taught in schools and
senior church officials attend state ceremonies. The
trend seems to be changing under public pressure,
and a court recently ordered a priest to serve his
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Friday, February 14, 2014
1. The North-Central Regional Health Authority has authorized tendering for the following:
and now invites interested firms having representation and service facilities in Trinidad and Tobago to submit their proposals.
2. Tender Documents may be perused at Third Floor, Room 306, Building #39, Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex, and are available between the
hours of 8:00am -12:00pm and 1:00pm - 3:00pm, but may be taken away upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Three Hundred Dollars (TT$300.00)
by cash or certified cheque to the North-Central Regional Health Authority, payable at the cashier Building #2, Ground Floor, Eric Williams Medical
Sciences Complex for the Tenders indicated above. The receipt must be attached to the Tender upon submission.
3. All requests for information and /or clarification shall be addressed to:
The Chairman of the Tenders Committee
c/o Tenders Department, Room 306
North Central Regional Health Authority, Third Floor
Building 39, Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex, Uriah Butler Highway, Champs Fleurs
Tel: (868) 645-2640 ext: 5077 Fax: (868) 645-2640 ext. 5077
4. Tenderers are required to fully complete and return the Tender Form together with the Tender.
5. Tenders must remain valid for a period of at least one hundred and eighty (180) days (6 months) from the closing date of the Tender and must be
accompanied by the following:
• Valid Income Tax Certificate;
• Valid VAT Clearance Certificate;
• Valid NIS Certificate;
• Certificate of Incorporation/ Certificate of Continuance;
• 2% Bid Security in the form of a bank guarantee or a certified cheque;
• Tender Form;
• The Price Schedule which must include the Delivery Schedule;
• Documentary evidence that the Tenderer is eligible and is qualified to perform the Contract in accordance with the general conditions if its Tender is accepted;
• Two (2) Recent References of Completed Similar Services;
• Qualification Questionnaire with all attachments;
• Tenderers must also provide a copy of NCRHA's Receipt for the procurement of Tender Document;
6. All alterations or erasures in the Tender must be initialled by the person submitting the Tender or in the case of a business entity, a duly authorised officer thereof.
7. The Bid Security of two percent (2%) of the value tendered shall be included with the Bid. Such Security shall be in the form of a bank guarantee or a certified cheque.
8. The ORIGINAL AND EIGHT (8) COPIES OF THE ENTIRE ORIGINAL TENDER SUBMISSION DOCUMENTS must be placed in sealed
envelopes addressed to:
THE CHAIRMAN OF THE TENDERS COMMITTEE
NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, THIRD FLOOR
BUILDING 39, ERIC WILLIAMS MEDICAL SCIENCES COMPLEX, URIAH BUTLER HIGHWAY, CHAMPS FLEURS
And clearly marked:
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR THE PROVISION OF CLEANING SERVICES FOR ZONES A, B, D, E, F, G & H ATTHE ERIC WILLIAMS
MEDICAL SCIENCES COMPLEX AND BLOCKS A, B, C, D & ENGINEERING BUILDING ATTHE ARIMA HEALTH FACILITY
9. The envelope(s) must be deposited personally in the Tender Box at the Tenders Department, at the above address no later than 10:00 am on Wednesday
19th March 2014.
10. Tenderers will be required to sign a form indicating the date and time of deposit of the Tender before the deposit of the envelope in the Tender Box. Each of the
tenders will be opened publicly at 10:15 am on the date of the closing as stated above in a meeting room on the NCRHA's premises. The Tenderer or his
representative may choose to be present at the opening.
11. The Authority does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any part of the tender and may reject all tenders without giving reasons for rejection of tenders to the Tenderer.
12. The successful Tenderer would be required to furnish a Performance Bond of not less than ten percent (10%) of the contract price within fourteen (14) days of
receiving the letter of award.
13. Late Tenders will not be considered.
14. Failure to comply with any of these instructions may result in the Tender not being considered.
15. The Authority reserves the right to cancel the present Tender in its entirety or partially, without defraying any cost incurred by any firm in submitting its Tender.
AME OF TENDER
DATE FOR SITE VISIT
Provision of Cleaning Services for
EWMSC -- Monday 24th & Tuesday 25th
Zones A, B, D, E,F, G & H at the Eric Williams
February 2014 at 10:00 am
Medical SciencesComplex and Blocks A, B, C, D
& Engineering Building at the
Arima Health Facility
AHF -- Wednesday 26th
February 2014 at 10:00 am
All other information is included
in the Tender Document.
NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL HEALTHAUTHORITY
JOHANNESBURG---At the beginning
of last year, Oscar Pistorius was a
globally admired athlete, the first
double-amputee to run at the world
championships and the Olympics.
That sparkling image dissolved on
February 14, 2013---a year ago on
today---when Pistorius fatally shot
his girlfriend and was charged with
murder and other firearm-related
South Africa is gearing up for the
trial of Pistorius, which starts March
3 in the capital, Pretoria.
Prosecutors say 27-year-old Pisto-
rius killed Reeva Steenkamp in the
pre-dawn hours of Valentine s Day
after an argument; he says he shot
Steenkamp by mistake believing she
was a nighttime intruder in his bath-
Steenkamp s mother, June, plans to
attend the trial.
No members of Steenkamp s imme-
diate family have attended any of Pis-
torius previous court dates. (AP)
Judgment day approaches for Pistorius
"There is the will to
publish it, there is
nothing to hide. The
value of it will be that in
one book everyone will
be able to find guidance
how the church should
react, what the
Have an opinion?
Log on to guardian.co.tt
to post your comments
Links Archive February 13th 2014 February 15th 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page