Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : February 14th 2014 Contents Friday, February 14, 2014 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
42. Let Micah's sister age be s
Answer: 20 years old
43. Area of rectangle =
Area of triangle =
1/2 x base (b) x height (h) =
512 - 176 = 336 square cm
Answer: 336 square cm
45. a. Area of triangle ABD =
1/2 x 0.4/1 x 0.5/1 =
0.2 x 0.5 = 0.10 square cm
Answer: 0.1 square cm
b. Area of triangle ADC =
1/4 = 0.25 square cm
Answer: 0.25 square cm
c. Area of triangle ABC =
0.1 + 0.25 = 0.35 square cm
Answer: 0.35 square cm
46. Distance walked after 8 steps by
David's brother =
No. of steps taken by David for 60
No. of steps taken by David for 600
Answer: 10 steps
1. I don't remember what happened
on that that. (Adjective)
2. Until you arrive, we will not be
able to make a final decision.
3. Several of the children live close
to our school. (Pronoun - Indefi-
4. His sudden disappearance
seemed a bit strange. (Noun -
5. Ms. Charles will take her class on
a field trip, tomorrow.
6. At break time, Kevin shook the
juice well before he drank it / be-
fore drinking it.
7. The coach instructed the players
to bring an extra pair of uniform
for the match.
8. Danny usually pets his favorite
dog, Jasper , as soon as he
9. timid; enraged The enraged dog
rushed to attack
10. occupied; energetic Mr. Alexander
could not attend
because he was
11. willing; reluctant Shelly was
of an unfortunate,
12. faithful; lazy Gary's faithful cat
always waits for him,
after school, at the
13. generous Among all the business
men, M. Joseph gives
most generously to the
14. well Tania plays netball the
best on our team.
15. plentiful Citrus fruits are now
plentifully than they
were last year.
16. loud You should knock louder
on the door to alert
17. Taking proper care of your teeth
can prevent tooth decay.
18. Good friends are those who are
always willing to assist you.
19. Next week, we will pay a surprise
visit to our grandparents.
20. Mervin had damaged his knee
during the accident. (injured)
21. Unless you do not leave now
you'll never arrive on time. (you
leave) use of the double negative
22. Some maxi taxis really play its
music too loudly. (their) - to refer
to "maxi taxis"
23. Sandra pleaded with her mother
to buy her bicycle as a birthday
24. Ako and Raj went shopping for
sporting equipment. (gears)
25. Teachers often develop great af-
fection for their students. (fond-
26. We usually go to the beech on
the last Sunday of each month.
27. Sita's mother presents in the au-
dience made it more comfortable
for her to take part in the choral
speaking performance. (pres-
28. "Do you think an apology from
Macy would (lessen, lesson) Ali-
cia's pain?" asked Marc.
29. "Yesterday we went on a tour of
the (cite, site) for our new village
playground," said Sean.
30. "The (cent, scent) of his cologne
reminds me of the tiger I saw at
the zoo," said Lynn.
31. "I had a frightful dream
last night, " said Mark.
32. "What was it about?"
33. "I dreamt I was in the
sea swimming with
some huge sharks, "
34. "Did they chase after
you?" mused Che.
35. "Yes!" exclaimed Mark,
"why do you think I
36. The word valley is another word
that can be used instead of dale in
37. The poet's toys brought joy to him
when he was sick.
38. Lead was most likely used to make
the toy soldiers.
39. The poet most likely described him-
self as, "the giant great and still that
sits upon the pillow hill", because
he was larger (bigger in size) than
all the objects on his bed.
40. The poet most likely gave the poem
the title, "The Land of Counter-
pane", because he had formed his
"make believe country" (sea and
land) on the bed-sheets which is
another word that can be used in-
stead of "counterpane."
41. Some substances are called "good"
conductors because they allow
electric currents to flow through
them very easily.
42. (a). resisted - opposed; withstood;
did not allow; refused
(b). produced - created; made;
generated; gave off
(c). replaced - changed; used
43. Fires need oxygen to keep alight,
therefore the presence of oxygen
will help substances to stay burning
or to burn faster.
44. Since "tungsten wire" is cheaper
than other similar materials, its use
in the manufacture of light bulbs
will most likely cause light bulbs to
45. "Making Light Bulbs," is a suitable
title for the passage.
46. The information in the table is or-
ganised in alphabetical order.
47. "Canine Motel" is the animal shelter
that is most likely owned by Dr. Cin-
48. Dr. James Wilson most likely takes
care of horses.
49. The pet shop, "Canine Corner",
most likely sells food, health care
products and medicines for dogs
50. The pet shops, "Animals and
Things" and "Pet City", most likely
sell food, health care products and
medicines for a wide variety of ani-
Links Archive February 13th 2014 February 15th 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page