Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : February 15th 2014 Contents A25
Saturday, February 15, 2014 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
1. The North-Central Regional Health Authority has authorized tendering for the following:
and now invites interested firms having representation and service facilities in Trinidad and Tobago to submit their proposals.
2. Tender Documents may be perused at Third Floor, Room 306, Building #39, Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex, and are available between the
hours of 8:00am -12:00pm and 1:00pm - 3:00pm, but may be taken away upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Three Hundred Dollars (TT$300.00)
by cash or certified cheque to the North-Central Regional Health Authority, payable at the cashier Building #2, Ground Floor, Eric Williams Medical
Sciences Complex for the Tenders indicated above. The receipt must be attached to the Tender upon submission.
3. All requests for information and /or clarification shall be addressed to:
The Chairman of the Tenders Committee
c/o Tenders Department, Room 306
North Central Regional Health Authority, Third Floor
Building 39, Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex, Uriah Butler Highway, Champs Fleurs
Tel: (868) 645-2640 ext: 5077 Fax: (868) 645-2640 ext. 5077
4. Tenderers are required to fully complete and return the Tender Form together with the Tender.
5. Tenders must remain valid for a period of at least one hundred and eighty (180) days (6 months) from the closing date of the Tender and must be
accompanied by the following:
• Valid Income Tax Certificate;
• Valid VAT Clearance Certificate;
• Valid NIS Certificate;
• Certificate of Incorporation/ Certificate of Continuance;
• 2% Bid Security in the form of a bank guarantee or a certified cheque;
• Tender Form;
• The Price Schedule which must include the Delivery Schedule;
• Documentary evidence that the Tenderer is eligible and is qualified to perform the Contract in accordance with the general conditions if its Tender is accepted;
• Two (2) Recent References of Completed Similar Services;
• Qualification Questionnaire with all attachments;
• Tenderers must also provide a copy of NCRHA's Receipt for the procurement of Tender Document;
6. All alterations or erasures in the Tender must be initialled by the person submitting the Tender or in the case of a business entity, a duly authorised officer thereof.
7. The Bid Security of two percent (2%) of the value tendered shall be included with the Bid. Such Security shall be in the form of a bank guarantee or a certified cheque.
8. The ORIGINAL AND EIGHT (8) COPIES OF THE ENTIRE ORIGINAL TENDER SUBMISSION DOCUMENTS must be placed in sealed
envelopes addressed to:
THE CHAIRMAN OF THE TENDERS COMMITTEE
NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, THIRD FLOOR
BUILDING 39, ERIC WILLIAMS MEDICAL SCIENCES COMPLEX, URIAH BUTLER HIGHWAY, CHAMPS FLEURS
And clearly marked:
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR THE PROVISION OF CLEANING SERVICES FOR ZONES A, B, D, E, F, G & H ATTHE ERIC WILLIAMS
MEDICAL SCIENCES COMPLEX AND BLOCKS A, B, C, D & ENGINEERING BUILDING ATTHE ARIMA HEALTH FACILITY
9. The envelope(s) must be deposited personally in the Tender Box at the Tenders Department, at the above address no later than 10:00 am on Wednesday
19th March 2014.
10. Tenderers will be required to sign a form indicating the date and time of deposit of the Tender before the deposit of the envelope in the Tender Box. Each of the
tenders will be opened publicly at 10:15 am on the date of the closing as stated above in a meeting room on the NCRHA's premises. The Tenderer or his
representative may choose to be present at the opening.
11. The Authority does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any part of the tender and may reject all tenders without giving reasons for rejection of tenders to the Tenderer.
12. The successful Tenderer would be required to furnish a Performance Bond of not less than ten percent (10%) of the contract price within fourteen (14) days of
receiving the letter of award.
13. Late Tenders will not be considered.
14. Failure to comply with any of these instructions may result in the Tender not being considered.
15. The Authority reserves the right to cancel the present Tender in its entirety or partially, without defraying any cost incurred by any firm in submitting its Tender.
AME OF TENDER
DATE FOR SITE VISIT
Provision of Cleaning Services for
EWMSC -- Monday 24th & Tuesday 25th
Zones A, B, D, E,F, G & H at the Eric Williams
February 2014 at 10:00 am
Medical SciencesComplex and Blocks A, B, C, D
& Engineering Building at the
Arima Health Facility
AHF -- Wednesday 26th
February 2014 at 10:00 am
All other information is included
in the Tender Document.
NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL HEALTHAUTHORITY
In technology today, the Cloud is widely viewed
as a powerful tool for enhancing organisations
productivity, efficiency and cost saving. On Tuesday,
Microsoft T&T held Cloud Day, an event to highlight
the many benefits of the Cloud for local enterprises.
The one-day event was held at the T&T Chamber
of Industry and Commerce in Westmoorings, and
included a presentation by Alexis Castañares, regional
manager for the Datacentre Modernisation Initiative
at Microsoft Latin America.
In his presentation, Castañares showed the "explo-
sion" of data that has taken place in recent years
and how effective a tool for storing and managing
data cloud computing has become.
"Ninety per cent of the world s data has been cre-
ated in the last two years alone," he said. Organisations
were adopting cloud computing because of the ben-
efits to speed, scale and economics in this new envi-
He showed that between 2014 and 2016 there
would be five times the number of users on the
Martin Farinha, sales manager, Enterprise Partner
Group, gave an overview of the company s strategy
during Cloud Day. The gathering included members
of the Microsoft T&T team, Microsoft partners, IT
professionals, representatives of public and private
sector organisations, and technology enthusiasts.
Microsoft experts discussed the Cloud operating
system and the company s strategic approach, which
emphasises combining organisations on-premise
technology with the Cloud s virtual resources. This
innovative approach can provide an enormous boost
to the IT systems of every type of enterprise.
In addition, presentations were given on new
Microsoft products like Windows Server 2012 R2,
System Centre 2012 R2, SQL Server 2014 and the
latest updates to Windows Azure and Windows
For more than 15 years, Microsoft has been offering
Cloud services, focusing on helping customer move
to the cloud "on their own terms", either public,
private or hybrid cloud. According to the International
Data Corporation, public cloud services across Latin
America and the region were to reach US$647 million
in 2013, representing six per cent of total software
spending and 26 per cent of total hardware infra-
structure spending by 2016.
Have an opinion?
Log on to guardian.co.tt
and post your comments
Links Archive February 14th 2014 February 16th 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page