Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : February 19th 2014 Contents A24
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Wednesday, February 19, 2014
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall operations management of Integrated Government
Performance Management System and the Information Resolution Communication Portal. He or she will be
strong analytically, a self-motivated -- self-paced worker, have high attention to detail, exhibit passion for
everything they contribute to the team, and works to exceed expectations daily. The ideal candidate will be a
self-starter who can work independently, communicate clearly and stay calm under pressure.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Develops and implements concepts, policies, and standards for the operation of various web sites, within
overall goals and parameters established by the Policy, Strategy and Government Performance
• Co-ordinates, integrates, and manages information contributed to the web sites;
establishes template formats and logical structures for web pages, as appropriate; guides
and assists contributors with editorial and publishing-related issues, as appropriate.
• Performs short and long-term strategic planning of the integrated internet resources for
• Evaluates, recommends, and administers internet search systems and programs as it pertains to specific websites.
• Establishes and maintains web sites directory structures, configuration files, and content files.
• Oversees the testing and troubleshooting of web sites systems and applications software and hardware.
• Ensures the efficient functioning of the Office of the Prime Minister and Head of the
Public Service Information Technology Platforms.
• Makes recommendations for web services, features and content.
• Serves as the point of contact for external vendors (domestic and international).
• Performs related work as may be required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, or Computer Information Systems, or Computer Science,
or equivalent qualifications.
• Minimum three (3) years relevant experience.
• MCSE or similar training/certification.
• Knowledge of cloud technologies and techniques.
• Any equivalent combination of qualifications, skills and experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a diverse community.
• Working knowledge of Project Management methodology and techniques.
• Knowledge of established programming procedures and programming languages.
• Knowledge of Information Technology systems and e-business applications would be an asset.
• Working knowledge of Database Technology including Microsoft SQL Server.
• Experience in Big Data technologies, complex ETL challenges, internal/external APIs.
• Expertise with IPsec, VPN, Load Balancing, MTR, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network
Contract period - three (3) years
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
To provide leadership and management support to the Information Technology Unit, formulate and direct strategic IT
long term goals, policies and procedures in the Office of the Prime Minister. Functions also include ensuring that the
IT Unit provides the necessary infrastructure for a fully automated organisation, design and implement an effective
governance system for the use of the network and operating systems and support the work of the Divisions/Units with
respect their necessary functionality.
KEY DUITES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Establishes, implements and develops strategic Information Technology plans and
related policies for the Office of the Prime Minister.
• Develops a Disaster Recovery and Business Community Plan related to IT for the Office of the Prime Minister.
• Develops and implements a work programme for the IT Unit.
• Plans and evaluates the performance of a team of IT personnel, recommend developmental plans to
rectify performance deficiencies and other intervention programmes as required.
• Determines the long-term system and hardware acquisitions to accomplish the IT's
objectives for the Office of the Prime Minister.
• Negotiates, evaluates and manages the provision of Information Technology services by providers and
• Prepares the annual budget for the Information Technology Unit inclusive of business
case justifications and cost/benefit analysis.
• Develops a system for the implementation of a Help Desk.
• Develops support information systems to improve the operational processes in various Divisions/Units.
• Recommends information technology strategies, policies and procedures by evaluating
organisation outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
• Advises the Permanent Secretary and Divisional Heads on the recurrent and projected Information
Technology needs of the Office of the Prime Minister in keeping with best practices.
• Manages the deployment, maintenance, support, and upgrade of servers, desktop PC,
hardware, software, operating system and distributed printers.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Working knowledge in the development of IT plans and policies.
• Sound knowledge of disaster recovery strategies to ensure business continuity.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Demonstrated experience with standard applications software.
• Sound knowledge of computer and software technologies and common business applications.
• Sound knowledge of IT strategies and of the commonly used concepts, practices and
procedures of database administration and Wide Area Network.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Desktop and server technologies.
• Working knowledge of the Public Service operations and procedures.
• Good communication skills (oral and written).
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Good negotiating skills.
• Excellent team management skills.
• Strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to meet project deadlines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems Management, Computer Science or
• Post Graduate training in Computer Science, Information technology or related Post graduate qualification.
• Minimum of five (5) years working experience in an IT environment and at least two (2) years' experience
in a supervisory capacity.
• Microsoft systems certification such as MCSE (Windows 2000) or MCSA.
• Training in Project Management will be an asset.
Contract period - two (2) years and ten (10) months
PENSION AND LEAVE SUPERVISOR
The incumbent is responsible for the supervision of the Pension and Leave Unit relating to the extraction of
personel data; the preparation and certification of all Pension and Leave Records for former and current officers of
the Office of the Prime Minister. He/she reviews the submission of the Pension and Leave Officer and coordinates
the entire Pension and Leave function. This officer is also responsible for training staff in the preparation of all final
MAIN DUITES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervises the Pension and Leave functions of the Pension and Leave Unit.
• Liaises with the Human Resource Management Unit to expedite the request for Pension and Leave
• Liaises with external Government Agencies to expedite the submission of employees' Pension and Leave
Record of Service.
• Co-ordinates, collates and distributes work to the Pension and Leave Officer.
• Develops and implements programmes of training for staff to ensure continuity of new systems,
procedures and processes;
• Liaises with the Accounting Executive II and Auditor II to ensure expeditious processing
of Pension and Leave matters.
• Reviews the Pension and Leave submissions of the Pension and Leave Officer.
• Ensures the timely submission of the Pension and Leave Records to the Human Resource
• Evaluates the performance of the Pension and Leave Officer on the basis of agreed and
established performance standards and maintains proper discipline in the workplace.
• Collaborates with the IT Unit in developing a system for computerizing the Pension and
Leave Records of the Office of the Prime Minister.
• Performs other related duties.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• Extensive knowledge of laws, regulations, agreements, policies and procedures of the
Public Service as it relates to Pension and Leave.
• Considerable experience in auditing work as might have been gained in an Audit and or Accounting Unit.
• Considerable experience in the preparation and/or auditing of Pension and Leave Records as might have
been gained by working in a Pension and Leave Unit in a Ministry/Department, Ministry of Finance
(Pension Division) or Auditor General's Department.
• Considerable experience in Public Administration and training as having passed the Certificate in Public
Administration or the prescribed examination for entry into the Administrative Class of the Public Service.
• At least three (3) years experience in a supervisory capacity.
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training.
• Applications submitted by retired persons from the Public Service who had performed similar duties
would be welcomed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Results oriented to ensure optimal level of input.
• Ability to process documents accurately.
• Ability to interpret the relevant circulars pertaining to the preparation of Pension and Leave.
• Good proofreading and checking skills.
• Ability to function effectively in a team environment.
• Good planning and organization skills.
Contract period - one (1) year
PENSION AND LEAVE OFFICER
The incumbent assists in the timely preparation and updating of the Pension and Leave Records of former and current
members of staff of the Office of the Prime Minister to enable prompt payment of separation benefits. Functions
include the training of designated officers to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain these activities.
He/she reports to the Pension and Leave Supervisor, implements systems and procedures for the preparation and
maintenance of Pension and Leave Records.
MAIN DUITES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conducts research into officers' personal files in order to collate information for the
preparation of Pension and Leave Records.
OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER
13-15 St. Clair Avenue, St. Clair
REPUBLIC OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
Applications are invited from suitably qualified nationals of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago for employment, on contract, in the following positions in the
Office of the Prime Minister.
Links Archive February 18th 2014 February 21st 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page