Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : February 21st 2014 Contents Friday, February 21, 2014 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
Total area =
Answer: 4 600 square cm
41. Total expenses = $6 725 + $1 260 +
Difference = $23 000 - $15 425 =
Answer: $7 575.00
42. Length No. of
of side triangles
Answer: 81 triangles
b. 70 degrees
c. 180 degrees - 70 degrees = 110
Answer: 110 degrees
44. Missing angle in triangle = 180 de-
grees - (32 degrees + 35 degrees) =
x = 180 degrees - 113 degrees = 67
Answer: 67 degrees
45. a. Perimeter of rectangle =
Answer: 2 180 metres
Answer: $22 890.00
46. Mean = total/amount
93 = total/6
558 = total
Mean for 7 tests = 643/7 = 91 6/7
Answer: 91 6/7
1. Cheryl is interested (with; in)
playing tennis for our school.
2. Some persons totally abstain
(from; against) eating meat.
3. The policeman tried to reason
(from; with) the prisoner but he
did not want to cooperate.
4. I should take two teaspoonfuls of
medicine according (to; with)
5. Most of the ten dollars was
spent on snacks.
6. Is everybody ready to leave?
7. Either she or they already know
what took place, yesterday.
8. Neither those boys nor he plays
for our cricket team.
9. Please sell me five dollars' worth
10. Peter and Margaret's sporting
goods store sells a variety of
11. Can you lend me Hanna's a book
for the week end.
12. We can't understand why it's so
difficult to solve this puzzle.
13. en ; ad Most stuntmen are
14. ir;un Hewassenthome
because of his unkempt
15. trans ; ad Mummy will transplant
the roses, tomorrow.
16. un ; dis The driver was
distracted by the
sudden, loud noise.
17. Many of the restless fans in the
stadium (clapped ; became)
18. Doesn't that (seem ; resemble)
to be the same person whom we
19. This mango (touches ; feels)
the subject pronoun is used with
he verb "to be"
21. Dennis had to return back home
to get his pen. (return home) -
"return" already means "to go
22. Neither Sally nor any of her sis-
ters are a member of the school's
hockey team. (is) - to agree with
any "one", understood.
23. The judge ordered the defendent
to stand. defendant
24. My sister celebrated her fifth-
teenth birthday last Friday. fif-
25. The police caught the burglers
who broke into our school. bur-
26. Sita thinks that Lee is a strong
oppernent in the upcoming de-
bating competition. opponent
27. Peer pressure is a very powerful
force that causes many children
to do wrong deeds.
28. Teenagers must be taught how
to withstand peer pressure and
about the perils and conse-
quences of deviant and illegal ac-
29. They must understand that one
mistake in their teenage years
can become a scar for life.
30. Parents must ensure that their
children are involved in the right
activities so that they can ac-
quire good attitudes.
31. Rick, the captain of the
school's cricket team,
lives on my street.
32. Rena led us through a
long, narrow, dark
33. Mr. Gomes, the man
who lives next door,
is a great basketball
34. The Nile, Niger, Orinico
and Amazon rivers are
among the longest and
largest in the world.
35. Father closed the
windows lowered the
shade, turned off the
lights, and then went
36. The phrase "began to sprout" de-
scribes the beginning of the ger-
mination of the seed.
37. The seed did not want to be a vi-
olet because violets are small and
grow too close to the ground.
38. "The Vain Little Seed" is a good
title for the poem.
39. The seed was most likely sad or
very disappointed when it learnt
that it was a weed.
40. The poem teaches us that we
must not criticise (say bad things
about) others and we must look
carefully at our own strengths
41. The equator is the longest line of
42. Lines of latitude and longitude
help pilots to navigate their ves-
sels so they can find their way on
the sea or in the air.
43. "Imaginary lines" most likely
means that the lines do not exist
so you cannot see them.
44. "Lines of Latitudes" or "Lines that
divide the Earth" is a suitable ti-
tles for the passage.
45. The North and South Poles are
situated at the Arctic and
46. You would most likely get infor-
mation on the latest designs in
ladies' dresses, shoes and jew-
ellery on the programme,
47. The first news programme was
aired on Channel 4 at 5:06 am.
48. Mike should look at the pro-
gramme "Keeping Fit", for guid-
ance on the best physical
exercises to do.
49. To view a football match be-
tween Police and Fire Services
that is being shown live, Sean
should tune in to the programme
50. Channel 6 could most likely be
described as, "The Learning
Links Archive February 19th 2014 February 22nd 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page