Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : February 25th 2014 Contents B28
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Tuesday, February 25, 2014
The National Agricultural Marketing & Development Corporation (NAMDEVCO) is seeking to recruit dynamic
professionals to join our Team. Applications are invited from suitable qualified individuals to fill the follow-
ing positions on contract:
Conducts research and development on the creation of new
agri-products and may include bench trials and pilot projects to
check the feasibility of the product. The Food Technician also
facilitates the exploration of commercial opportunities as part of
a Corporation team.
Key duties and Responsibilities
• Identify opportunities and conduct research and devel
opment in the creation of new value added to local agri
• Conduct bench trials on the products identified and if
successful, undertake commercial scale pilot projects.
• Identify and undertake developmental work on products
with potential for reformulation/repackaging.
• Conduct research and bench trials in appropriate post
harvest technologies for the local, export and value
• Develop, promote and facilitate programmes and
projects in capacity building in food safety practices and
good agricultural practices among key stakeholders.
• Assist in developing and conducting training
programmes for selected stakeholders on key technical
issues relating to the production of convenient and
healthy primary and value added foods.
Qualification and Experience
• Degree in Food Technology, Commodity Utilization or
related field of study.
• Five (5) years in product development.
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes,
quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximiz
ing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• The ability to combine pieces of information to form
general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relation
ship among seemingly unrelated events).
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
The Manager, Project/Business Planning and Development,
reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for the
administration of all projects and business initiatives executed by
the Corporation to stimulate investment in the agricultural sector.
The Manager will also be responsible for directing initiatives to
provide support to stimulate competitive agricultural production
and generation of value added food products. He or she will pro-
vide overall project management oversight in the execution of
the activities of the Corporation, which will be conducted on a
project basis using multi-disciplinary teams of professionals.
Key duties and Responsibilities
• Provide overall project management oversight in the
execution of projects and activities of the Corporation.
• Collaborate with relevant agencies to provide infrastruc
ture, finance and markets to selected clusters.
• Develop and facilitate strategic alliances with stakehold
ers and key organisations both locally and externally.
• Develop and facilitate holistic support and investment
programmes along the value chain for selected clusters.
• Identify location and commodity clusters to improve pro
duction, productivity and competitiveness.
• Identify priority areas of focus to improve infrastructure,
production, productivity and competitiveness.
Qualifications and Experience
• Postgraduate Degree in Economics, Project
Management, Agriculture, Engineering or related field.
• At least five (5) years experience in a similar
• Considerable experience in project management.
• Excellent interpersonal, communications, negotiating,
training and presenting skills
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Productivity
Suite and other relevant software
• Ability to work in a multi - disciplinary team environment
• Good understanding of the agri-food sector and related
issues in local, regional and international markets.
Applications together with copies of academic certificates and
birth certificates and contact information should be submitted by
Monday 10th March 2014 and be addressed to:
The Human Resources Department
The National Agricultural Marketing and Development
Southern Wholesale Market
3 1/4 mm, S.S. Erin Road, Debe
UNSUITABLE/LATE/INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL
NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED
Links Archive February 23rd 2014 February 26th 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page