Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : February 28th 2014 Contents B18
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Friday, February 28, 2014
p.m., parking is prohibited on---
(a) the portion of South Quay and the Eastern Main Road, between
Vieira Street, Port-of-Spain and Bushe Street, San Juan; and
(b) Abattoir Road, with the exception of the taxis stands referred to in
clauses 13 and 14.
4. (1) On Carnival Monday, between the hours of 2.00 a.m. and 9.00 p.m.
vehicular tra c shall proceed in a southerly direction only along
Stone Street, between Wrightson Road and Park Street.
(2) On Carnival Monday, between the hours of 2.00 a.m. and 9.00
p.m. and on Carnival Tuesday, between the hours of 6.00 a.m. and
9.00 p.m., vehicular tra c shall proceed in---
(a) a southerly direction only on Archer Street, between Belmont
Circular Road and Jerningham Avenue;
(b) an easterly direction only on Cadiz Road;
(c) a southerly direction only on Vieira Street, between St. Joseph Road
and South Quay; and
(d) a westerly direction only on Prada Street, between Maraval Road
and Wainwright Street.
5. On Carnival Monday, from 2.00 a.m. to 6.00 a.m. and on Wednesday
5th March, 2014, vehicular tra c shall proceed in both directions---
(a) around the Queen's Park Savannah, between Prada Street and
(b) on Observatory Street, between Quarry Street and Belmont Circular
(c) on Belmont Circular Road, between Observatory Street and the
entrance to the Port-of-Spain General Hospital; and
(d) on Oxford Street, between Observatory Street and Charlotte Street.
6. (1) Vehicular tra c en route to the Port-of-Spain General Hospital
(hereinafter called "the Hospital") on an emergency, shall proceed
along one of the following routes:
(a) north along Henry Street, east onto New Street and onto Belmont
Circular Road to the Hospital;
(b) east from Belmont Circular Road and Observatory Street to the
(c) from Adam Smith Square and Victoria Square, north on Damien
Street, west around the Roxy Roundabout, north onto Serpentine
Road, east onto Queen's Park East, south onto Charlotte Street and
east onto Belmont Circular Road to the Hospital.
(2) Vehicular tra c shall exit the hospital by utilizing the reverse
routes referred to in clause 6(1).
Division 2---Taxi and Maxi-taxi Stands
7. This Division has e ect from 2.00 a.m. on Carnival Monday to
midnight on Carnival Tuesday.
8. Taxi drivers assigned to taxi stands on Chacon Street, between
Independence Square South and South Quay (Long Circular/
Wrightson Road) shall operate from the northern side of Dock Road,
between Wrightson Road and the entrance to the Port Authority.
9. Taxi drivers assigned to taxi stands on South Quay, between
Broadway and Abercromby Street (Diego Martin/Petit Valley)
shall operate from the southern side of Dock Road, between
Wrightson Road and the entrance to the Port Authority.
10. Taxi drivers assigned to taxi stands on the southern side of
Independence Square North, between Abercromby Street and St.
Vincent Street and on the eastern and western sides of Cipriani
Circle, between Independence Square North and Independence
Square South (On-call/ Ice House taxis) shall operate on Charles
Street, from Scott Bushe Street, facing west.
11. Taxi drivers assigned to taxi stands on Broadway, between South
Quay and Independence Square South shall operate with respect
(a) the San Fernando taxi stand, on the northern side of South Quay
facing east, between Piccadilly Street and Vieira Street; and
(b) the Chaguanas taxi stand, on the southern side of South Quay
facing east, between Piccadilly Street and Vieira Street.
12. Taxi drivers assigned to Morvant/Trou Macaque shall operate on
the northern side of the Eastern Main Road, east in the vicinity of the
National Petroleum (NP) yover.
13. Taxi drivers assigned to taxi stands on Henry Street, between
Independence Square South and South Quay (Tunapuna/Arima/
Sangre Grande) shall operate from the southern side of Abattoir
Road, east of Vieira Street.
14. Taxi drivers assigned to San Juan/Round-the-Road routes
operate from the northern side of Abattoir Road, east of Vieira
15. Taxi drivers assigned to the taxi stand at Queen Street and Charlotte
Street shall operate from Observatory Street and Charlotte Street.
16. Taxi drivers assigned to the taxi stand on Duke Street and Charlotte
Street shall operate from Belmont Circular Road and
17. Taxi drivers assigned to the taxi stand at Green Corner shall operate
from Duke Street and Stone Street.
18. Taxi drivers assigned to the taxi stand at South Quay and Charlotte
Street shall operate o Abattoir Road, east of Vieira Street.
19. Route 1 Maxi-taxi drivers (yellow band) shall proceed to the maxi-
taxi stand on South Quay via the Beetham Highway and exit via
South Quay, on the southern side, forty metres east of the Beetham
Division 3---Parade of Bands
20. Bands shall enter the Queens Park Savannah Competition by turning
north from Independence Square South onto Charlotte Street, west
onto Queen's Park West and into the Queens Park Savannah and
exit by proceeding south along Victoria Avenue and turn west onto
21. Bands shall enter the Adam Smith Square Competition Centre from
Tragarete Road, turn south onto Pole Carew Street and Ana Street
and then proceed east along Ariapita Avenue.
22. Bands shall enter the South Quay Competition Centre from St.
Vincent Street onto South Quay, then exit north along Broadway,
then either proceed west onto Independence Square South then
north along Charlotte Street or proceed east along Independence
Square North onto Piccadilly Street Extension.
23. Bands shall enter Piccadilly Street Competition Centre via
Piccadilly Street Extension onto Piccadilly Street and exit by
continuing north along Piccadilly Street, west onto Park Street,
north along Charlotte Street then west onto Queens Park West to
enter the Queen's Park Savannah.
24. Vehicles shall enter the Queen's Park Savannah at the following points:
(a) Queen's Park East, near St. Ann's Roundabout; and
(b) Queen's Park East, near Cadiz Road.
25. (1) Notwithstanding any enactment to the contrary, motorists shall
park on the northern side of the North Stand of the Queen's Park
Savannah three hours before the start of the function and exit three
hours after the closure of the function.
(2) Parking on the Queen's Park Savannah shall be in accordance with the
directions of the Police O cer on duty.
Division 4 -- Tra c Lights
26. Automatic tra c lights shall not be in operation between the hours
of 2.00 a.m. on Carnival Monday and midnight on Carnival Tuesday.
27. This Part has e ect on Carnival Monday and Carnival Tuesday from
4.00 a.m. to midnight.
28. Vehicular tra c and parking are prohibited on---
(a) Western Main Road, between Roxy Roundabout and George Cabral
(b) Tragarete Road;
(c) Mathura Street;
(d) Taylor Street;
(e) Ariapita Avenue; and
(f ) Mucurapo Road, between Luckput Street and O'Connor Street.
29. (1) Parking is prohibited on---
(a) the western side of---
(i) George Cabral Street;
(ii) Kathleen Street;
(iii) Luckput Street;
(iv) Belle Symthe Street;
(v) O'Connor Street, between Ariapita Avenue and Hamilton Holder
(vi) Dennis Mahabir Street; and
(b) the northern side of---
(i) Ranjit Kumar Street;
(ii) Angelina Street;
(iii) Quamina Street;
(iv) Church Street;
(v) Anderson Street;
(vi) Finland Street;
(vii) Panka Street;
(viii) Hyderabad Street;
(ix) Pujadas Street;
(x) First Avenue;
(xi) Francis Street;
(xii) Roberts Street;
(xiii) Hunter Street;
(xiv) Barbrant Street;
(xv) Kelly Kenny Street; and
(xvi) Hamilton Holder Street.
30. Parking is permitted on the eastern side of the streets referred to
in clause 29(1)(a) and on the southern side of the streets mentioned
in clause 29(1)(b).
31. (1) Taxi drivers assigned to the Long Circular Road taxi
stand shall operate from the western side of Long Circular Road,
facing north of Kathleen Street.
Bands entering and
Bands entering and
leaving Adam Smith
Bands entering and
leaving from South
Bands entering and
Entry of vehicles
into the Queen's
Parking of vehicles
on Queen's Park
tra c lights
Vehicular tra c
Links Archive February 27th 2014 March 1st 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page