Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : February 28th 2014 Contents Friday, February 28, 2014 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
44. Stephen's score = 17 + Seth's score
3 x Seth's score = Stephen's score -
3 x Seth's score = 17 + Seth's score
3 x Seth's score - Seth's score = 17
+ Seth's score - Seth's score - 1
2 x Seth's score = 16
2 x Seth's score divided by 2 = 16
divided by 2
Seth's score = 8
Stephen's score = 17 + Seth's score
Answer: Seth's score = 8,
Stephen's score - 25
45. a. Dollar amount for clothes =
40/100 x $10000/1 = $4 000
Answer: $4 000.00
b. measure of angle for savings =
15/100 x 360/1 degrees = 54
Answer: 54 degrees
c. Decimal for recreation =
20/100 = 0.2
46. a. 90
1. The parrot had accidently (flew;
flown) out of his cage.
2. Davey (ate; eaten) all the man-
goes in the bag.
3. The early morning sun was
(shone; shining) in all its glory.
4. Brian had (tore; torn) his shirt
while climbing down the plum
5. The passersby were urged to
move on by he police.
6. The farmer had a team of oxen
on his farm.
7. Fiona has to take two table-
spoonfuls of cough syrup each
8. The hikers were using some
flambeaux to look inside the
9. moist The sun had dried up all
the moisture from the
10. custom It was customary for Ann
to drink only water with
her meals. (Adj.)
11. drop As Jeffrey continued
working in the burning sun,
the sweat dropped freely
from his brow. (Verb)
12. fly The flight to Tobago was
departing in half an hour's
13. Candice and I (We) will visit our
cousins (them) next week.
14. Mrs. Lewis (She) sent a letter to
her favourite brother (him).
15. The visitors (They) had driven to
Charlotteville (it) in the after-
16. Our parents (They) bought Brian
(him) a shiny red bicycle for his
17. The postman delivered the let-
ters which he had just collected,
in the mail boxes.
18. Only we had arrived on time to
practise for the final match.
19 To be fit you should exercise reg-
ularly and also eat healthy foods.
20. Selwyn loaned his friend some
money to buy an ice cream. (lent)
- incorrect word
21. The hikers had used up almost all
their water during their long jour-
ney. (used) - incorrect phrase
22. Most persons did not agree with
the plan to move the car park.
(to) - see #21
23. Marcus freely pledged to read
to the patients in the children's
24. The stunt the acrobat is at-
tempting is not doable. impos-
25. My elder siblings do not listen to
any suggestions I make at family
26. Wind, water and animals play an
important role in the dispersal of
27. The company's messenger was
asked to deliver the gifts to
the needy children.
28. The population of Trinidad and
Tobago is now over a million.
29. A teacher must not only be a
conveyer of knowledge but also a
role muddle to his students.
30. Students can learn positive val-
ues and altitudes from a caring
31. Michael Anthony, one of
Trinidad and Tobago's
reknowned writers, lived
in Mayaro when he was
32. Our pet cat has a white
spot on its head, two
black patches on its
body, a long white tail
and grey circles around
33.Seeta, as well as her
sister Rani, speaks
34. Arnold, Sam , Ako and
Diego have been select
ed to play cricket for
35. Martin watered the
plants, swept the
driveway, took out
the garbage and fed
the dog before he went
to school this morning.
36. The French phrase "Demarche
Gras" when translated to English
means "Fat" or "Great" Sunday."
37. The major Carnival titles at stake
in the Demarche Gras show are
the Calypso Monarch, Carnival
King and Carnival Queen titles.
38. Young children (including stu-
dents) are most likely participants
in the "Junior Calypso Monarch"
39. "Jouvert" activities usually take
place on Carnival Monday (morn-
40. The phrase "Demarche Gras show
attracts tourists from foreign
countries," suggests that the "De-
marche Gras" show earns foreign
currency for Trinidad & Tobago?
41. Toads and birds are animals listed
in the poem that most likely eat
42. Caterpillars eventually change to
43. The word "furry" suggests that
the caterpillar was covered with
44. Line 2, "Caterpillar in a hurry," sug-
gests that caterpillars move very
45. The poet's use of the phrase "the
chosen spot" (Line 6) suggests
that the caterpillar looks for a spe-
cial safe place to develop into a
46. Central Government Primary
School PTA is responsible for hold-
ing the show.
47. "A Touch of Old Time Carnival," is
the name of the show.
48. The show is three (3) hours long.
49. The word "Pre- Carnival" was
most likely used to point out that
the show is being held before the
two days of Carnival.
50. The money collected will most
likely be used to purchase books
or supplies for the school's library.
Links Archive February 27th 2014 March 1st 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page