Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : March 19th 2014 Contents Continued on page 15
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Write about any ONE (1) of the following:-
1. Do you take things very seriously, some-
times? What are these things and why do
you pay so much attention to them? Write a
story that begins with the following line:- "I
really should be less serious about some of
the things that I have to do..."
2. Are you looking forward to the time when
you would have finished writing your S.EA.
examination? Write a letter to a close
relative, naming at least three (3) things that
you really love doing that you have found
impossible to do while you are preparing for
this important test. Give details, as well, on
why you have chosen these three things from
among the others.
3. It is always a sad and frightening experience
whenever someone tries to bully you. Has
this ever happened to you and how did you
deal with it? Write a story that begins with
the following line:- "As he/she approached me,
I knew that this person would definitely try to
bully me. Although I did not understand the
reason for his/her behavior, I knew that I
would have to deal with what was going to
be a most difficult situation..."
SECTION I - GRAMMAR SKILLS
A. Write in the correct form of each given
word in the brackets to complete the
While (play) playing in the savanna, Josh
(fall) fell and bruised his knee.
1. We (realize) _____________ that they were
not (speak) _____________ the truth.
2. The girls (leave) ________________ early in
order to (arrive) ________________ on time.
3. Jiselle loved when Simba (chase)
________________ her while she was (run)
________________ in the park.
4. If they had (know) ______________ about it
before, maybe they could have (make)
______________ a better decision.
B. Complete each of the following sentences
by putting in one (1) of the given suffixes.
-or ; - er The instructor gave a most
-less; -ful In the story, the fear_________
David defeated the giant,
-ry; -ize On arriving home, the
neighbours realized that it had
been burglar_______ ed.
- ful; -al The band performed a fantastic
music_______ item for the
-ible; -ous The combust_______ materials
had caused the fire to be quite
C. Write 'Pro' (Pronoun) of 'Adj' (Adjective) to
describe the underlined words in the follow-
(S1) Many children were visiting the Zoo.
(S2) Many of the children were visiting the
9. Some dogs are really troublesome.
10. All the paintings were beautiful but several
were quite unique. (_________)
11. Few persons knew that he was appearing on
the popular show. (_________)
12. You can choose any of these chocolates for
your dessert. (_________)
D. Rewrite the following sentences leaving out
all the unnecessary words.
(S1) We should try to leave by seven a.m in
(S2) We should try to leave by seven a.m.
13. Over and over, Mummy repeatedly mixed the
batter before it was ready to be baked.
14. Chelsea's baby sister enjoys blinking with her
eyes to everyone she meets.
15. Danielle's aunt always motivates and encour-
ages her to try her best at everything she
E. Write in the correct form of each word
given in the brackets to complete each of
the following sentences.
The calypso king was (throne) dethroned at
the recent competition.
16. Their voices seemed to be (audible)
_____________ behind the closed doors.
17. That (journal) _____________ writes some
very appealing articles for her newspaper.
18. The victim was able to (call) _____________
everything that had occurred that day.
19. We realized that she was a (learn)
_____________ person on account of the
many new ideas that she suggested.
F. Each of the following sentences contains an
error. Read the sentences well, underline
the errors then write only the corrections in
the brackets provided.
The teacher spoke to the children with
regards to their upcoming field trip. (regard)
-- incorrect phrase
20. Danielle's mother does not allow her daughter
looking at television movies during the week.
21. "Please be sure and bring your drawing books
to school tomorrow," the teacher advised the
22. Alex rathers playing tennis to cricket.
Links Archive March 18th 2014 March 20th 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page