Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : March 21st 2014 Contents Totalof12=915.2+94=1009.2
Average of 12 = 1009.2/12 = 84.1
Increase = 84.1 - 83.2 = 0.9
Average = $9 710/6 = $1 618.33
Answer: $1 618.33
44. VAT = 15/100 x $425/1 = $63.75
Total cost of the radio =
$425 + $63.75 = $488.75
Cost of remaining 7 mins =
7 x $0.70 = $4.90
Total cost = $7 + $4.90 = $11.90
Total cost = $80 + $100 = $180
Friday, March 21, 2014 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
1. We (realize) realized that they
were not (speak) speaking the
2. The girls (leave) left early in
order to (arrive) arrive on time.
3. Jiselle loved when Simba (chase)
chased her while she was (run)
running in the park.
4. If they had (know) known about
it before, maybe they could have
(make) made a better decision.
-less; -ful In the story, the fear-
less David defeated the giant,
-ry; -ize On arriving home, the
neighbours realized that it had
- ful; -al The band performed
a fantastic musical item for the
-ible; -ous The combustible ma-
terials had caused the fire to be
9. Some dogs are really trouble-
10. All the paintings were beautiful
but several were quite unique.
11. Few persons knew that he was
appearing on the popular show.
12. You can choose any of these
chocolates for your dessert.
13. Mummy repeatedly mixed the
batter before it was ready to be
baked. ( or leave out " repeatedly
14. Chelsea's baby sister enjoys
blinking to everyone she meets.
15. Danielle's aunt always motivates
her to try her best at everything
16. Their voices seemed to be (audi-
ble) inaudible behind the closed
17. That (journal) journalist writes
some very appealing articles for
her newspaper. (Noun)
18. The victim was able to (call) re-
call everything that had occurred
that day. (Verb)
19. We realized that she was a
(learn) learned person on ac-
count of the many new ideas
that she suggested. (Adj.)
20. Danielle's mother does not allow
her daughter looking at televi-
sion movies during the week.
(daughter's) -- to donate posses-
21. "Please be sure and bring your
drawing books to school tomor-
row," the teacher advised the
class. (sure to) -- incorrect expres-
22. Alex rathers playing tennis to
cricket. (prefers) - incorrect word
23. One should never be discourage
24. We were amazed by the
grandeur of the President's resi-
25. There have been plenty of citrus
fruits in the markets this year. (a
great/large quantity, a profu-
26. The witnesses to the accident
failed to give a precise descrip-
tion of the event. (true, correct,
27. The speed of the aeroplane in-
creased as it soared. (went up,
28. I was delighted for having the
priveledge to speak at our gradu-
ation on behalf of the student
29. The Building Inspector was also
responsible for the mentenance
of the school building. mainte-
30. The tourists sang and danced to
the rythum of the steel-pan.
"It's raining heavily
and the drains are
flooded, " said our
32. "When are you leaving
for Jamaica, Marci?"
asked Mrs. Jones.
33. Ms. Smith, who lives
next door to me, is
this country's first
34. Our flight to Miami
was cancelled, we
stayed overnight in
a guest house.
35. Many pelicans, seagulls,
terns and egrets had
built thier nests in
the abandoned ship.
36. 'Sputnik 1' was launched on Octo-
ber 04, 1957 by the Soviet Union.
37. (a). stunned - shocked; dazed;
(b). survived - lived on; endured;
lasted; stayed alive
(c). enhance - improve; add to;
develop; augment; boost
38. The phrase, "put to sleep", most
likely means "to die".
39. According to information given in
the passage, NASA was created
by the USA to enhance wireless
communication to the benefit of
40. "Man made Satellites", is a suit-
able title for the passage.
41. The writer says that Tim is tired
of doing "nothing".
42. Tim moon and mopes during the
43. The line, "He lags the long bright
morning through", most likely
means that Tim puts off (delays;
idles; tarries; waits) doing things
during the morning.
44. The poet describes the mood of
tired Tim as sad.
45. "Tired Tim", is a good title for the
46. "Oliver, More Food Please!" is the
name of the play.
47. People can purchase tickets to
attend the show using three
methods; calling school officials,
calling Sue or Ravi or by using an
48. The show is being held at the Na-
tional Cultural Centre.
49. The play will be performed for
the last time on Sunday March
23, 2014 at 7:00 pm.
50. The phrase "Special Reserved",
most likely means that a person's
seat is guaranteed as well as
seating will be in an area that will
be very comfortable and with a
good view of the stage.
Links Archive March 20th 2014 March 22nd 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page