Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : April 4th 2014 Contents Friday, April 4, 2014 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
$3 9/24 < $3 12/24
Answer: 8 cans of peas for $27 is
the better buy
40. a. Square
a. 7 ten cent pieces
b. Value of ten cent pieces = 70 c
Value of 25 cent pieces = $1.75
Total value = 70 c + $1.75 = $2.45
42. Amount spent on gas =
1/10 x $2000/1 = $200
Amount left = $2 000 - $200 =
Amount spent on food =
1/2 x $1800/1 = $900
Amount left = $1 800 - $900 = $900
Cost of 85 square m =
Answer: $5 525.00
44. Perimeter of outer frame =
Perimeter of inner frame =
Answer: 16 cm
45. Volume of tank =
Mass of water when half full =
Answer: 1 1/2 kg
46. Cost Price (CP) of 4 dozen roses =
Selling Price (SP) of 4 dozen (4 x 12
1. All the animals but one (was;
were) in their cages.
2. There (goes; go) one of the most
generous persons you'll ever find.
3. Neither one of the boys (was;
were) on the field.
4. Is it you who (is; are) accompa-
nying us to the movie?
5. Many games are being played by
the children in the park.
6. The car has been driven by the
visitor throughout the length and
breadth of Trinidad.
7. Eight kilograms of fish were
caught by us from the river.
8. We were all ready to leave since
two hours ago.
9. The visitors were touring the site
of the new hospital.
10. According to plans, the game
proceeded at four p.m. sharp.
11. The manager advised his staff
that he thought it would be wise
if they postponed the meeting
until the following week.
12. The coach remarked to the team
members that he really hoped
that they would put a better ef-
fort into their next practice ses-
13. Selwyn who is also an excellent
straightener, is a master me-
chanic who has repaired many
different types of cars.
14. The boys met the famous crick-
eter while they were participat-
ing in their Sports Day which
was held last weekend.
15. "Please put away your clothes
neatly in the closet," Mrs. George
advised her children. (Adj.)
16. Our magazines are on the rack
but yours are on the shelf. (Pro.)
17. That is the man who spoke to
18. It was we who reported the mat-
ter to police.
19. We were there when he scored
20. A large variety of fruits and veg-
etables were available. (was)
21. The children were real hungry by
two o'clock. (very)
22. The class chose her rather than
he to be our new prefect. (him)
23. Citrus fruits are plentiful in the
marketplace during the dry sea-
24. After the heavy showers, we had
to abandon our tents and seek
shelter in the community centre.
25. Our principal asked us to assem-
ble in the car park, which is our
school's Muster Point.
26. To our amazement the stuntman
leaped over the ten blazing cars.
27. Marie migrated to Hong Kong
and became a very successful
28. The kidnapped man was held
captive for three days in an aban-
29. Our Cub Scout Leader thought
us a very valuable lesson at our
last meeting. taught
30. Martin started to scream al-
lowed for no reason during the
31. " Do you know where Mr. Lee
lives " the taxi driver asked Mark.
32. There is a large park and a swim-
ming pool in my neighbourhood.
33. " Stop that at once!" mother
34. " Have you forgotten our names,
grandfather? " asked Mark.
35. Seldom does the rain fall during
the dry season.
36. According to information given in
the passage, the smallest com-
munity today is called a village.
37. Conurbation is the name given to
the community where several
cities come together.
38. The growing presence of conur-
bations in many densely popu-
lated countries has resulted in a
need for more access roads and
39. Pollution, epidemics and crime
are the environmental and social
problems associated with the
presence of large cities and
40. "Where people live," is a suitable
title for the passage.
41. The phrase, "the sky is light,"
suggests that the sky may have
been lit by the presence of the
42. The words "hustle" and "bustle"
suggest that there were lots of
activities taking place very
quickly on the pier.
43. The banana men most likely car-
ried the bananas on their heads.
44. The word "monstrous" as used
in Line 5 means big or huge.
45. The "banana men" were most
likely in a happy mood because
they were singing.
46. Sheila would most likely get in-
formation on the latest designs
in ladies' dresses, shoes and jew-
elry on the programme,
47. My sister would most likely get
information on exercising on
viewing the programme,
"Healthy Lifestyles for
48. Sean would most likely see the
football match on the pro-
gramme, "Community Sports
49. Channel 6 appears to cater
mainly to women.
50. Channel 9 appears to cater
mainly to children.
Links Archive April 3rd 2014 April 5th 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page