Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : April 16th 2014 Contents B30
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Write about any one (1) of the following:
1. We enjoy living in our town or village for cer-
tain special reasons. Why do you enjoy living
where you are, at present? Write a letter to a
relative telling him/ her about where you live,
giving at least three (3) reasons why you enjoy
2. Many pupils are often taken on field trips dur-
ing the last week of certain school terms.
Write a story that ends with the following
line:- ..... "As the bus drove into the school yard, I
happily recalled what a fantastic day it had
been for me."
3. Were you ever caught doing something that
you were not supposed to be doing? Write a
story that begins with the following lines: - "I
looked embarrassingly towards (name the per-
son who saw you). Somehow, I had to solve
this situation before it worsened..."
SECTION I - GRAMMAR SKILLS
A. Underline the Subject in each of the following
There, parked in the corner was my new bicy-
1. At four p.m tomorrow, my friends and I will go
to the cinema.
2. Bianca and her sister both work at the nearby
3. To many people, Aunt Marie is a most kind and
4. Standing on his hind legs, my pet Simba is able
to reach many things from the table in our
B. Write over the following sentences leaving
out all the unnecessary words.
(S1) The discourteous, rude driver almost
knocked down the children as he drove
recklessly and irresponsibly down the
(S2) The discourteous driver almost knocked
down the children as he drove recklessly
down the street.
5. Jesse plunged, then jumped into the cool wa-
ters in the river.
6. The runners sprinted faster and at a quicker
pace on reaching near the finish line.
7. The convict blinked nervously with his eyes
when the police asked him a particular ques-
C. Read each sentence well, then match the
more suitable of the words in brackets with
each of the underlined words.
After walking in the hot sun for a while, the
boys eagerly reached for the coconuts that
were offered to them. (carefully; eagerly)
9. Rover rushed _____________ towards the
stranger who was attempting to jump over our
gate. (viciously; noisily)
10. The nurse _____________ laid the baby on the
bed. (neatly; gently)
11. Jeffrey _____________ tackled the player who
was dangerously close to the goal. (aggres-
12. Marissa spoke _____________ to her aunt who
was visiting them after being away for a long
time. (lazily; excitedly)
D. Match the parts of the sentences in Section
A with those in Section B to create complete
E. Circle one (1) of the given words in brackets,
to complete each of the following sentences.
The man was accused (with; of) stealing some
animals from a farm.
15. Joanne was very vexed (at; with) Angela for
being dishonest with her.
16. It is unfortunate that Jasmine is always jealous
(of; at) her bigger sister, Jan.
17. For dessert, I usually prefer fruits (than; to)
18. The tour guide seemed quite familiar (with; at)
all the popular sites.
F. Read each of the sentences well. Underline
the error in each sentence then rewrite only
the correction in the brackets provided.
The house with the beautiful garden is here's.
(theirs) - incorrect spelling
19. The famous athlete ran pass the leader to win
the race in record time. (____________)
20. Who do you think they will choose to be our
class prefect? (____________)
21. The children felt sadly that Aunt Liz would
soon be returning home. (____________)
22. The coach has planned a practise session for
this afternoon. (____________)
Example: You can tell
me about it while relaxing in
12. Running down the
they still atended
13. Although they had
seen it before
struck the ball
into the stadium.
14. My parents love to
sip their tea
when we meet,
HAND CREAM SALE
Buy 3 get one FREE
Regular Price of the Cream - $25.
Andrea purchased $200 worth of creams.
a. How many free creams did she get?
b. How many creams did Andrea purchase in
all for her $200?
c. Andreas's sister also bought the creams at
the sale price. She received 16 creams in all.
How much money did she spend?
Links Archive April 15th 2014 April 17th 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page