Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : April 18th 2014 Contents 43. a. Amt. he saves =
1/4 x $5000/1 = S1 250
Answer: $1 250.00
b. Amt. used for rent =
20/100 x $5000/1 = 1 000
Amt. used for rent for a year =
Answer: $12 000.00
44. a. hr
Answer: 15 minutes
b. 60 mins = 360 degrees
15 mins = 360/60 x 15/1 =
Answer: 90 degrees
Answer: 460 metres
1 divided by 460 = 1/460
No. of times around is 2 000 m
(2 km) = 1/460 x 2000/1 =
4 160/460 = 4 8/23
Answer: 4 8/23 times
Answer: 12 600 square metres
46. a. Cost of 3 creams or 1 free
No. of free creams for $75 = 1
No. of free creams for $1 =
1 divided by 75 = 1/75
No. of free creams for $200 =
Answer: 2 free creams
b. Value $75 $75 $50 = $200
Answer: 10 creams
Value $75 $75 $75 $75 = $300
Friday, April 18, 2014 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
1. At four p.m tomorrow, my
friends and I will go to the cin-
2. Bianca and her sister both work
at the nearby bank.
3. To many people, Aunt Marie is a
most kind and generous person.
4. Standing on his hind legs, my
pet, Simba is able to reach many
things on the table in our garage.
5. Jesse plunged into the cool wa-
ters in the river.
6. The runners sprinted faster on
reaching near the finish line.
7. The convict blinked nervously
when the police asked him a par-
8. Rover rushed viciously towards
the stranger who was attempt-
ing to jump over our gate.
9. The nurse gently laid the baby
on the bed.
10. Jeffrey aggressively tackled is a
most kind and generous person.
11. Marissa spoke excitedly to her
aunt who was visiting them after
being away for a long time.
15. Joanne was very vexed (at; with)
Angela for being dishonest with
16. It is unfortunate that Jasmine is
always jealous (of; at) her bigger
17. For dessert, I usually prefer fruits
(than; to) sweets.
18. The tour guide seemed quite fa-
miliar (with; at) all the popular
19. The famous athlete ran pass the
leader to win the race in record
time. (past) - incorrect word.
20. Who do you think they will
choose to be our class prefect?
(Whom) - takes the Objective
21. The children felt sadlythat Aunt
Liz would soon be returning
home. (sad) - the predicative ad-
jective is needed after “felt”
22. The coach has planned a practise
session for this afternoon. (prac-
tice) - incorrect spelling
23. Hollis did not give a reason for
his refusal of the role in the play.
24. The secretary deleted some of
the applicants’ names in the
25. It is a good practice for parents
and teachers to supervise the
activities of children at home
and at school.
26. The harsh weather added to the
street children’s discomfort.
27. PEFORM Jennifer Hudson won
several awards for
in the movie “Dream
28. APPLY The librarian did not
process my application
for joining the public
29. The teller refused to cash my
(check, cheque) because my
name was spelled incorrectly.
30. The vet informed me that my dog
had descended from a rare
(breed, breathe) of wolves.
31. I went to Ravi’s house
on Sunday but he
wasn’t at home.
32. I had eggs, bacon,
bread and cocoa for
33. It’s no secret that I’m
leaving school early
34. The famous children’s
novel, Treasure Island,
was written by
Robert L. Stevenson.
“ Our principal is a
very patient man,”
said Ray, “I have
never seen him
36. The feast of Easter celebrates
Christ's return to life after he
was crucified on the cross at
37. (a). celebration - memorial;
(b). abstinence - self-denial;
staying away from
(c). repentance - regret; sorrow;
remorse; penitence; shame;
38. The word “Resurrection” was
used in the passage to describe
Christ’s “rising from the dead”.
39. An account of Christ’s life and
work on earth is most likely writ-
ten in “The Bible” (Christians’
40. Christ’s resurrection has led
Christians to believe that they
too can receive “new life” after
41. The poet’s mother (mama) first
told the poet the secret.
42. Lines 7 and 8, “And I will find it
Easter morn, If I look very hard,”
suggest that the Easter Bunny
usually hides the Easter eggs.
43. You should now think that the
Easter Bunny’s arrival is no
longer a secret because the poet
has told everyone (Lines 11 and
44. “The Easter Secret,” is a good
title for the poem.
45. The poem has a happy mood.
46. (a) Sharon was reading while
Joel was attending Scout
(b). These activities took place
47. Sharon spent one hour more
than Joel doing homework.
48. (a). The children most likely
went to church together.
(b). This activity took place on
49. Sharon spent more time watch-
ing television on Saturday than
50. Sharon most likely helped with
the chores at home over the
Example: Yo u
can tell me
while relaxing in
they had seen
struck the ball
into the stadium.
14. My parents
love to sip
when we meet,
Links Archive April 17th 2014 April 19th 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page