Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : April 23rd 2014 Contents B18
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Write about any one (1) of the following:-
1. Sometimes, our parents/ guardians may volun-
teer us to do something for someone. Do you
like it when this happens to you? Write a story
that begins with the following words: "I could-
n't believe that my mother (or father or
guardian) volunteered me for that job..."
2. Many of you have pets and enjoy taking care
of them. Do you really learn anything useful by
caring for a pet? Write an account that begins
with the following lines: "It usually takes some
effort but you really learn a lot when you have
3. Apart from doing well in your S.E.A. Examina-
tion, is there anything else that you would like
to achieve or accomplish before you finish your
Primary school education? Write a letter to a
relative, telling him/ her about something that
you have not as yet done but which you would
really love to do before you leave school.
SECTION I - GRAMMAR SKILLS
A. Underline the Direct Object in each of the fol-
My dog injured its leg in a recent accident. (Di-
1. Yesterday, we played some exciting games
with our friends.
2. Today, we're having a delicious meal and a
scrumptious dessert for lunch.
3. For Easter we hope to visit the Zoo and the
4. My father has to repair his car, next week.
B. Use a suitable word to join the following sets
(S1) Susan and Arlene waited at home. They
waited until their friend, Carlissa arrived.
(S2) Susan and Arlene waited at home until
their friend, Carlissa arrived.
(S1) Yesterday, I met Mr. Allen. Mr. Allen is
our neighbour's brother.
(S2) Yesterday, I met Mr. Allen who is our
5. Damien decided to go to school. He was feeling
6. Do you know that girl? Her sister is my best
7. The prisoner will be set free. They find suffi-
cient evidence against him.
C. Name the part of speech of each underlined
word in the following sentences.
They seemed more certain, today, about their
8. The boys had to take the late bus on their way
back home. (__________)
9. Most of the guests were sitting inside of the
new hospital. (__________)
10. Ken could not play in the match for he had
sprained his ankle. (__________)
11. We have only met them, once. (__________)
D. Change the following sentences to Direct
(S1) Daddy told us that we would be allowed
to see the show if we finished all
chores by four o'clock.
(S2) Daddy told us, "If you finish all your
chores by four o'clock, you will be
allowed to see the show."
12. The boys remarked to their coach that they
had enjoyed the entire game which they played
against their opponents, the day before.
13. Mrs Morris' mechanic assured her that he
would complete the repairs to her car on time
provided that there were no more unexpected
14. Our teacher, Ms. Joanne informed the class
that she was willing to take them on the Sci-
ence field trip on Thursday of the following
E. Put in a different form of each of the given
words to complete the following sentences.
JUST Many people thought that justice
had not been done when the prisoner
was set free.
15. CREDIT After many poor scores, the cricketer
finally gave a ____________
16. SIMPLE If you ________________ the question,
we should be able to answer it.
17. REDUCE The customer requested a small
______________ in the price of the
18. WEAR Toiling for many hours in the hot sun
had made the men quite ___________
F. Read each of the sentences well. Underline
the error in each sentence then rewrite only
the correction in the brackets provided.
The pair of pads as well as the bats were
placed in the locker. (was)
19. Beside Mary and Patti, many of our other
friends were there to support us. (__________)
20. We divided the water melon between the four
21. Of the two kites, the smaller one is the pretti-
22. The referee advised the players to finish up the
game within five minutes. (__________)
Continued on next page
Links Archive April 22nd 2014 April 24th 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page