Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : April 30th 2014 Contents B28
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Continued on page 15
Write about any one (1) of the following topics:-
1. Sometimes we may be given the opportunity
to do something that is noble and kind. Sup-
pose: You had one hundred dollars but you
couldn't keep it. You had to give it away to a
person or charity. What would you do? Write
a letter to a friend, describing how you hap-
pened to have this money, naming who or
what you would give the money to and ex-
plaining , in some detail, why you would give
the money to that person or charity.
2. Have you ever wondered what you would do
if you were asked to teach your class? What
would be some important things that you
would choose to do in your class? How would
you go about solving some of your problems
that you might face in the class? Write a
story beginning with this line:- "If I were my
3. Most people love to eat desserts. Do you
enjoy eating desserts? Which is your
favourite kind? Why do you like it so much?
Write an account that begins with the fol-
lowing line: "I thoroughly enjoy eating
desserts but my favourite is (name the
SECTION I - GRAMMAR SKILLS
A. Write in the plural form of each underlined
word in the following sentences.
Most of the clothes were placed on the shelf.
1. The bathers were swimming near the reef
2. Many corbeau (_________) had gathered on
the high wall.
3. Some heavy machinery (__________) had
been used to clear the land.
B. Complete each of the following sentences
with an adverb, formed from one (1) of the
given words in the brackets.
The hungry dog ate its food greedily.
4. The winning horse galloped ________________
towards the finish line. (reluctant; speedy)
5. The tired hikers _____________ boarded the
bus. (lazy; painful )
6. We ____________ awaited the plane that was
bringing our favourite aunt from abroad.
7. At the popular theatre, the helpful ushers
________________ showed the patrons to
their seats. (aggressive; courteous)
C. Put in a suitable form of each given word to
complete the following sentences.
We were (give) given some beautiful medals
when we (win) won the final match.
8. Have you (go) _____________ as yet to see
the show that (begin) _____________ last
9. After (trap) ____________ the ball, Jeremy
suddenly (spin) ____________ around and
shot it far into the net.
10. There has (be) ______________ no arrest, as
yet, for the theft that (occur) ___________
two months ago.
D. Complete the following sentences by sup-
plying a form of each given word on the left.
incredible This is the most incredible sight
that I have ever witnessed.
The weather this year was
______________ than it was last
Our choir gave the ____________
performance to win first prize in
13. healthy People who eat and exercise
well usually have ______________
lives that others.
E. Each of the following sentences contains an
error. Read the sentences well, underline
each error then write only the corrections in
the brackets provided.
If you're looking for your puzzle, its' over
there under the table. (it's)
14. She is not as courteous as she thinks she is.
15. Our tennis team comprises of five players.
16. We heard him said that he may not be able to
come, tomorrow. (__________)
F. Rewrite each of the following sentences in
its correct order.
(S1) It is most necessary to, if you wish to
master this game, practise as often as
(S2) If you wish to master this game, it is
most necessary to practise as often as
17. The vendor put the plantains into a large bag
which the customer had just purchased.
18. If you want to, you can use the hose. wash
the driveway thoroughly.
19. During training, the coach gave an equal num-
ber of chances in trying to be fair, to each
D. Join each part in A to another in B to form
Here is the umbrella
that I want want for
my birthday, next
20. The match will be
whose home is in
21. Janice and Kenny will
visit their aunt
which you lent me,
22. This is the same kind
of chocolate cake
unless the weather
Links Archive April 29th 2014 May 1st 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page