Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : May 30th 2014 Contents Friday, May 30, 2014 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
216 divided by 12
Answer: 18 m
46. Cost of landing 4 times =
Amount Arlene has left =
$225 = $60 = $165
1. There (is; are) four mangoes in the
2. "Sean, what (does; do) you usually
do during the week end?" asked his
3. One of the horses (has; have)
jumped over the fence.
4. My two sisters (is; are) accompany-
ing me to the movies.
5. He (has; have) played in all the
games for this term.
6. Some of the cars (was; were)
parked on the street.
(a) The fruits on the branch (is; are)
shaking in the breeze.
(b) The bigger of the two girls (has;
have) been my best friend for some
(c) The jury in the court (was; were)
asked not to share certain informa-
tion with each other.
(d) "(Is; Are) you coming over, later?"
Kathy asked her cousins, Jean and
(e) This glass of orange juice (was;
were) definitely, quite refreshing.
(f) Mathematics (has; have) usually
been taught as the second subject in
(g) The onlookers (was; were) gathered
to observe the fire.
(h) There (is; are) a lively hive of bees
near the top of the tree.
(1) Neither that ball nor that raquet
(belongs; belong) to me.
(2) You and he (is; are) certainly my
(3) Either the saw, the hammer or the
pack of nails (was; were) put into
(4) Marissa and her sister (are; is) jog-
ging in the park.
(5) There, running around the kennel
(was; were) Misty and Rover.
(a) Neither she nor I (has; have) visited
(b) Either he or you (lives; live) near to
(c) Neither he nor they (was; were) ex-
pected to be here yesterday.
(d) Either you or she (has; have) been a
member of our chess team.
(e) Neither he nor we (is; are) participat-
ing in the relay race, tomorrow.
(a) Neither Sally and Charisse nor their
friend, Sylvia (has; have) seen that
(b) Either Mr. Baptiste or his friends (is;
are) jogging in the park.
(c) Either the guinea pigs or the mani-
cou (has; have) eaten already.
(d) Neither the conductor nor the
singers (is; are) in the hall.
(e) Neither the parrots nor the pair of
doves (was; were) in their cage.
(a) A huge squash, along with some
ochroes was put on the table.
(b) A sandwich, accompanied by some
juice and dessert were served for
A sandwich, accompanied by some
juice and dessert was served for
(c) Janice, including both her parents
has been chosen as special guests at
(d) An encyclopedia, together with many
types of magazines
for he readers.
An encyclopedia, together with many
types of magazines was available for
(e) Was the package, in addition to the
small boxes posted to the client, yes-
(f) The bouquet of lilies as well as a
dozen red roses have been prepared
as a present for the President's wife.
The bouquet of lilies as well as a
dozen red roses has been prepared
as a present for the President's wife.
1. I can clearly hare the sound of the
rein pounding on the rooftop.
2. In the countryside at knights ewe
can hear the insects chirping.
3. Our vanes transport blood to our
harts. veins, hearts
4. Please weight a moment for me; I
still have to brush my hare. wait,
5. The bank teller examined the checks
to make shore that the depositor
signed them. cheques, sure
6. Some people prefer to use a cheque
rather than cash.
7. I failed the spelling quiz.
8. He inquired whether I had heard the
weather forecast for today.
9. He had not quite finished reading the
10. The thief snatched the lady's hand-
11. The Nicholas Tower is now the
tallest building in Port of Spain.
12. Do you like to eat at KFC, Royal Cas-
tle or Burger Boys?
13. "The pot is about to boil over!" the
14. Our flight was delayed so we stayed
overnight in a hotel.
15. "How many of you are finished doing
the test? " our teacher asked.
16.I had bacon, eggs, toast
and cereal for breakfast.
17. "I'll leave at ten
o'clock, " said Pamela.
18.Jody Sealy, my best
friend, is an excellent
19.Dr. John Peters, the
pannist, became blind
at the age of two.
20.The small store on
the corner sells
cards, bus tickets
21. "Whose class is Heidi's
cousin in?" Martha asked.
22. "I'll leave the party at
ten o'clock, " Lee said.
23. "It's a shame you wouldn't
visit your mother on
Mothers' Day!" father
24.I've done everything I
can but I couldn't
convince Sean to go
25.Sam's cat has hurt its
paws and can't climb
the tree anymore.
NOTE: Error in Wednesday 28th May,
2014 SEA Test on page B29. Please see
the corrected list below.
knight -- night wood - would
weather -- whether oar - or
bare -- bear
which -- witch bee - be
whole -- hole
peace -- piece
lead -- led
check -- cheque our -- hour
past -- passed its -- it's
know -- no
knew -- new
hare -- hear, hair cue -- queue
air -- heir, ear
weight -- wait
forth -- fourth for -- four, fore
steak -- stake
maid -- made
weigh -- way
awl -- all
rare -- rear
rite -- right, write
key - quay
two -- to, too
threw -- through nose -- knows
shore -- sure
not - knot
tolled -- told
straight -- strait
Links Archive May 29th 2014 May 31st 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page