Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : June 8th 2014 Contents A37
June 8, 2014 www.guardian.co.tt Sunday Guardian
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
• Working knowledge of maintaining the General ledger, analysis of expense
accounts as well as balance sheet accounts recommending accruals and
adjustments as needed. Review and/or input of accounts receivable and
payable prior to entry into the financial systems. Assist in the preparation of
reports, presentations and financial statements and Invoicing.
• Relevant formal Qualifications and Expertise in using Peachtree Accounting
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or at least second level CA, CPA or ACCA
qualification. Peachtree Accounting and Microsoft Office suite competency
would be an asset.
• E-Mail Applications to email@example.com
• Please TITLE emails "Junior Accountant"
• All Applications shall be treated with the strictest confidence and contact with
applicants shall be made by and Executive Manager or Executive assistant only.
Applications close 15th June 2014.
1. Human Resources Officer
Job Summary: The position will be responsible for
the Human Resource portfolio for the staff within
CIMC's Trinidad Office.
• Manages the recruitment process - from inter
view to acceptance;
• Develops and maintain Human Resource
Policies in keeping with Trinidad Labour Code;
• Prepares and execute Employment
Agreements/Contracts in consultation with
the Regional HR Office;
• Manages all Employee Agreements/Contracts
to ensure that contract terms are adhered to;
• Administers employee benefits portfolio;
• Administration of Payroll for local staff to
include making returns under SIPE;
• Prepares Employee verification letters, as
• Engages employees in social activities to
• Manages the Work Permit Process including
extensions of stay and visas;
• Any other duties that may be assigned from
time to time.
Physical Demands: Occasional travel; Sitting long
Training and Experience and Skill Required:
• A BSc Degree in Human Resource
Management or Business Administration.
• At least three (3) years experiences in a
• Ability to communicate both orally and in
writing in English and Spanish.
• Excellent knowledge of Trinidad Labour laws
• Have strong ethical standards
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel etc.
2. Financial Assistant
Job Summary: This incumbent is responsible to
provide treasury analysis mainly
focusing on banking activities and
to analyze various data to create,
validate and process the necessary
• Create journal entries to initially record or to
make adjustment to the General Ledger.
• Verify that the correct selling, general &
administrative (SG&A) category assigned
have been used to generate and entry.
• Maintain monthly bank reconciliation for G/L
• Maintain correct bank account balances with
each financial institution.
• Communicate with Finance Manager/Account
Manager of deviations in bank balances.
• Review payroll data monthly and complete
submission to the bank.
Physical Demands: Long hours on the phone;
long hours sitting; long hours
at work including week-ends.
Education and Skills Required:
• BSc Finance or related discipline;
• 2 years' experience in similar position;
• Highly responsive with strong organizational skills;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite especially
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet
tight delivery deadlines;
• Accuracy and attention to detail in all aspects
of service delivery, documentation and reporting;
• Flexible and positive attitude to work with a
strong team ethic; Excellent communication
• Transport Executives and staff to and from
• Direct passengers to their destination, using
the most efficient route.
• See to the maintenance of the assigned
vehicle including servicing, fuelling and weekly
washing of the vehicle and report any vehicu
lar problems to immediate Supervisor.
• Keep a log of repairs to the vehicle.
• Any other duties that may be assigned from
time to time
Education and Skills Required
• Completed secondary education
• At least 5 years experience as a Driver
• Possess a valid Driver's License
• Possess a Defensive Driving Certificate
• Excellent driving skills
• Ability to troubleshoot basic mechanical issues etc.
Contact person: Sonia Liu, Jemmy, Andy
Tel: 333-4892; 327-8539; 291-7913
CHINA HARBOUR ENGINEERING COMPANY (T&T) LIMITED
is looking for individuals of the following positions:
• From Page A36
Before a packed audience, Rusbridger
recounted the "frenetic" period last
summer when the British government
attempted to strong-arm the Guardian
into not publishing further revelations,
at one point forcing senior editors to
destroy hard-drives holding some of
the encrypted files leaked by Snowden.
However, he said that the British gov-
ernment s heavy-handed reaction back-
"By forcing the reporting out of the
UK to the USA, the British government
lost any handle on this story at all. So,
I hope that the British government will
think about that in the future."
Rusbridger also lamented the UK s
lack of an enshrined right to free speech,
referring to the US constitution s first
amendment and the "quasi-constitu-
tional role" of that nation s press.
"We need to embody some of those
rights here, we don t have rights in
Britain. We tend to wait until things go
Stephen Fry denounces the UK
governments failure to act on the
NSA's mass surveillance
Most significant leak in US history
wrong, so there is no really estab-
lished right to privacy because there
is no constitutional protection of
free speech," he told the audience.
Rusbridger added that those
keen to "shut down" the Snowden
story tended to frame it as a ques-
tion of privacy versus national
However, he said, Snowden s
revelations opened up many fun-
damental more issues of public
The Don t Spy on Us Campaign
is calling for an inquiry that will
report before next year s general
election and investigate the extent
to which current laws have failed
to protect the privacy of the public.
In addition, it is demanding new
legislation that will make the secu-
rity agencies properly accountable
Other measures include the use
of judges instead of the home sec-
retary to decide when spying can
Blogger and activist Cory Doc-
torow said: "Freedom from sur-
veillance is essential to freedom
itself. The freedom to think, to
speak and to have discourse without
fear of reprisal or even judgment
is at the core of democracy itself."
Emma Carr, acting director of
Big Brother Watch, called on the
government to publicly acknowl-
edge that the UK s surveillance
laws need to be reviewed.
Links Archive June 7th 2014 June 9th 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page